Trial Mech Bug

9 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:34 PM

<p>the DWF mech that you can select for use has a bug. When you try to use the gauss cannons you get a sound like it is cycling but it never fires, even in academy. While i realize this may not be the right forum i dont want other people to be caught by the same problem i have 4 games in a row, I know it never fires bec the ammo supply never depletes and your enemy never shows damage even when they are not moving.</p>

#2 Wedge Red Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 103 posts
  • LocationYavin 5

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:56 PM

I just tried it, the gauss rifles work just as intend. You need to charge them for ~.75 seconds, then release the button to fire them.
They were made to require a pre-charge because they were OP.
If you wait longer than about 2 seconds they un-charge. Hence "cycle" but not fire.

You need to look at the "group1" status box on the aiming reticle.
Pushing the "group1" firing button, the box goes "yellow" as they charge.
Once charged, the box goes "green". Then you need to release the group 1 firing button (within about a second) to fire.

As I said, it was made that way to balance the weapon, it will take time to learn.

Edited by Wedge Red Leader, 09 February 2016 - 05:05 PM.

#3 Dan Baxter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:57 PM

This question may sound odd, but have you tried releasing the mouse button (or whatever key you have connected to firing the gauss rifles) when you hear the cycling noise?

There is a mechanic to using gauss rifles that is not in other Mechwarrior titles. Namely, that to fire the gauss rifle you need to hold the weapon group button to charge the rifle and release when you notice the indicators (green box near your reticle, charge sound stops, to name a few off the top of my head). It is somewhat awkward (since no other weapon in the game has this sort of mechanic) but it can help to conserve ammo as you can hold the weapons group button until the weapon cycles again and you have a good shot.

#4 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:57 PM

It's not a bug. That's how it works. It charges while you hold it down and then release to fire, or something.

#5 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:07 PM

ok i will try that since it never fired on a single click like all other weapons

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:18 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 09 February 2016 - 05:07 PM, said:

ok i will try that since it never fired on a single click like all other weapons

Gauss Rifles produced some really... cheesy results when it was just a 'click and done' weapon. Between this and the 60 meter minimum accuracy range penalty the weapon is supposed to have, as well as the source material's charge states... the weapon received a charge up mechanic that allows you to choose to fire (release) or cancel (don't release) to help conserve the precious ammunition.

Loads of fun. Quad Gauss Rifles.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:22 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 09 February 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

<p>the DWF mech that you can select for use has a bug. When you try to use the gauss cannons you get a sound like it is cycling but it never fires, even in academy. While i realize this may not be the right forum i dont want other people to be caught by the same problem i have 4 games in a row, I know it never fires bec the ammo supply never depletes and your enemy never shows damage even when they are not moving.</p>

Like given for the attempt to bring a potential bug to light. In this case it isn't a bug but a weapon with a very different firing mechanic than all other weapons in MWO.

#8 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:54 AM

i went with it yesterday and ended up getting into another match where i came face to face with another KC and a commando. The commando took a couple gauss to the CT and decide there was better game elsewhere. he managed about 100 meters before someone else took him out. The KC ended up my solo kill credit.

#9 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

...and welcome to the Wide World of Gauss...Posted Image Sounds like you've figured out not only the mechanic but pulling it off in a brawl.

Congrats, it's a weapon system I've simply not yet gotten the hang of. *sigh*

#10 Douglas grizzly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:53 PM

not to mention as soon as you show up on the battlefield 5 and 6 people target you if they can. in the DWF i have yet to last a entire match bec i get taken out quick by a gang jump

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users