- - - - -

Gonna Buy A Timberwolf Chassis

5 replies to this topic

#1 Thraize

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:52 PM

Im just wondering if the Timberwolf C Champion variant is worth the purchase? I tried it coz its trial today and im loving it. Im looking for opinions/suggestions on the matter thanks.

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:08 PM

Let me put it this way:

You can get the exact same thing for C-Bills. The difference is that the champion variant will get you 30% more XP. Also, you can change it's loadout however you want once you own it.

#3 Wedge Red Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 103 posts
  • LocationYavin 5

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:12 PM

I have 3 of them mastered, the C is actually the one I use the most. Rumor has it the negative quirks are going away soon. The Timberwolf is a good chassis, that said it probably currently isn't worth all the past hype. I predict once/if the negative quirks are lifted there will be a lot of them back in the field. If you like/need jump jets, go all in man. If you want ECM, and slightly better hard points go with a Hellbringer. Either way its a win.

#4 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:26 PM

You can customize a C-Bill Timberwolf A, C or D to match the trial one exactly. IMO the XP bonus is not worth it.

#5 Thraize

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:43 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone much appreciated

#6 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:46 PM

It is a very very very good mech. Not just in the champion configuration either. You can set up a Timmy Wolf to play just about any role, close range brawler, sniper, laser puker, LRM boat whatever.

But Im with everyone else, in that I question the value of the champ version. The 30% XP boost is nice to help get you to elite/master status faster. Outside of that, the only arguable benefit is GXP farming.

However, if you do not have the C-bills, and cant stand the grind for em AND have some cash burning a hole in your pocket, screw it. You could buy MUCH worse in this game for your money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users