Sweet Deals With Mc 2!

44 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:54 PM

Sweet Deals with MC 2

Starts: February 12th at 10AM PST (6:00 PM UTC)

Ends: February 24th at 10AM PST (6:00 PM UTC)

Starting this Friday buy MC and get an additional reward Item.

PURCHASE MC HERE! https://mwomercs.com/profile/credits

Check the schedule below to see what reward is available during each of the four phases!

Phase 1

February 12th from 10AM PST (6:00 PM UTC) until

February 15th at 10AM PST (6:00 PM UTC)

Phase 2

February 15th from 10AM PST (6:00 PM UTC) until

February 18th at 10AM PST (6:00 PM UTC)

Phase 3

February 18th from 10AM PST (6:00 PM UTC) until

February 21st at 10AM PST (6:00 PM UTC)

Phase 4

February 21st from 10AM PST (6:00 PM UTC) until

February 24th at 10AM PST (6:00 PM UTC)

Spend

Get

Reward Item

Reward Item

Reward Item

Reward Item

$99.95 USD

25,000 MC

Griffin Mastery Pack

Wolverine Mastery Pack

Dragon Mastery Pack

Thunderbolt Mastery Pack

$49.95 USD

12,000 MC

Spider Mastery Pack

Vindicator Hero 'Mech +1 MechBay

Jenner Mastery Pack

6.5 Million C-Bill Bundle

$29.95 USD

6,500 MC

Locust Hero 'Mech +1 MechBay

Commando Hero 'Mech +1 MechBay

Enforcer Champion 'Mech +1 MechBay

Hunchback Champion 'Mech +1 MechBay

$14.95 USD

3,000 MC

1 MechBay and an UrbanMech Warhorn

1 MechBay and a Trash Can Standing Item

1 MechBay and a Bonsai Tree Standing item

1 MechBay and a Gas Mask Standing Item

$6.95 USD

1 MechBay

1 MechBay

1 MechBay

1 MechBay

Conditions

• Injection of Reward Items is not immediate! Injections will occur every hour on the hour, starting on February 12th at 11AM PST / 7 PM UTC.
Each MC tier only provides you with its associated Reward item. Purchasing the highest MC tier does not provide you with any Reward items from lower tiers, for example.
• There is no limit to how many times you can qualify. You can purchase multiple instances of the $6.95 MC tier to receive multiple MechBays, for example.
• A Reward item associated with your purchase tier cannot be switched with another Reward item. Support services will not be able to perform any exchanges.

#2 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:01 PM

Is it bad I kinda want a bonsai tree?

#3 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:21 PM

Would have been better with the xp weekend just gone........

#4 Antibaryonic

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:29 PM

Honestly, this is pretty damn disappointing.

Not a single Clan reward for purchasing . . .

We still have no Clan heroes whatsoever . . .
Which means those of us who prefer clan mechs cannot acquire an entire category reward for this weekend . . .
And what happened to the Timberwolf Hero that was mentioned two town halls ago?

Only 4 Clan champion mechs compared to 27 Inner Sphere . . .
Severely limiting us in a second category reward for this weekend . . .

Several events lately had IS only content due to requiring Maurader/Warhammer hero/special variants and we can expect the same for Rifleman & Archer . . .

Finally have 1 new Clan mech out of five iconic mech packs . . .
Which is three months away . . .

Most of our mechs have half the variants IS do . . .

I'm not speaking about Clan mech balance/op which I'm sure some peeps will descend into. And I know there are fewer Clan mechs in the timeline than IS, which I'm fine with. But there's obviously little if any effort placed on the development of the Clan side of the this game, which has always had a larger fan following.

Seriously, PGI, Russ, Anybody?
Can we get some Clan content?

Edited by LRM 666, 11 February 2016 - 05:32 PM.

#5 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:06 PM

View PostLRM 666, on 11 February 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

Quote.

I second everything you just said.

That being said however, it is further proof that PGI is biased against the Clans.

#6 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:49 PM

View PostLRM 666, on 11 February 2016 - 05:29 PM, said:

Honestly, this is pretty damn disappointing.

Not a single Clan reward for purchasing . . .

We still have no Clan heroes whatsoever . . .
Which means those of us who prefer clan mechs cannot acquire an entire category reward for this weekend . . .
And what happened to the Timberwolf Hero that was mentioned two town halls ago?

Only 4 Clan champion mechs compared to 27 Inner Sphere . . .
Severely limiting us in a second category reward for this weekend . . .

Several events lately had IS only content due to requiring Maurader/Warhammer hero/special variants and we can expect the same for Rifleman & Archer . . .

Finally have 1 new Clan mech out of five iconic mech packs . . .
Which is three months away . . .

Most of our mechs have half the variants IS do . . .

I'm not speaking about Clan mech balance/op which I'm sure some peeps will descend into. And I know there are fewer Clan mechs in the timeline than IS, which I'm fine with. But there's obviously little if any effort placed on the development of the Clan side of the this game, which has always had a larger fan following.

Seriously, PGI, Russ, Anybody?
Can we get some Clan content?

Well there are no CLAN MASTERY packs yet,

Im sure PGI is all ears about how to make a CLAN HERO and actually make it work because please explain it. Omni mechs create a problem when it comes to HEROs, what makes a mech a HERO? Paint? Config? Pods? Its not so black and white you see...

How does us not having as many mechs in the game in general which results in less champions (which if you took some time to research you would see they have just put up a post for the second round of votes/builds on NEW Clan Champion) mechs in game put us any any kind of disadvantage? In what category?

You realize they JUST jumped the timeline, they just fixed all these issues you seem to not understand why they are issues. Im not trying to be mean but there arent that many more Clans in timeline, so they took some time and made a decision to scrap that to an extent and here we are. Kodiak is out of 3050 timeline with some its variants which is fine, great really, but these decisions dont happen overnight.

What are you talking about half the variaints? Most clams have 4 or more some have like 5 or even 6 (TBR and SCR). But not to mention there are way more options then that because OMNI PODS! Posted Image They are great and allow you to make you mech into a Completely different loadout, hell even hardpoints then what it WAS SOLD AS. Where the IS mechs cannot change a single thing, so in order for them to even have ANY flavor they need more mechs with diverse loadouts.

As far as the Clans having a Bigger Fan Boy base then the IS im pretty sure you are sadly mistaken.

Either way, PGI is not bias against clans. This event might be, but oh well..... you can take your tin foil hat off now. Posted Image

PS none of the cockpit items from this sale are in fact IS only, they fit in clan mechs too. I promise!

Edited by Revis Volek, 11 February 2016 - 06:51 PM.

#7 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:49 PM

Yeah definately not partaking in this...

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:07 PM

Basically for $7, you are getting 1250 + 300 MC worth of stuff, and for $15 you are getting 3000 + 1050 MC worth of stuff (+1550 if buying during the Trash Can period).

For those who want MC as well as cockpit item + mechbay in the first place, it is a decent offer. Therefore I rate the $15 offer as the best among the bunch.

Edited by El Bandito, 12 February 2016 - 12:49 AM.

#9 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:14 PM

The deals are pretty bad.

If you're trying to equate the Locust+Commando heroes to an Enforcer Champion (despite the "MC values"), that's insane.

There's also the Spider Master Pack vs the Jenner one vs the Vindicator hero vs 6.5m C-bills.

It doesn't even compute.

Edited by Deathlike, 11 February 2016 - 08:16 PM.

#10 PUFNSTUF

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:51 PM

So are none of the masteries or heroes under 50$ worth it?

Edited by PUFNSTUF, 11 February 2016 - 09:12 PM.

#11 Jhondra

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:02 PM

:( I just bought $50 worth of MC last Saturday. LOL.

#12 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:14 PM

Meh... uninteresting sale.
Only semi interesting stuff is behind the 50$ barrier and with the can$ being what it is.... yeah....

Big pass on this.

#13 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:32 PM

Why is there never any Clan mechs that get given away? Posted Image

#14 Amoro

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:34 PM

I'm guessing you have to spend the specified value during each phase to get the reward for each phase. Like if you want the griffin mastery pack and the wolverine master pack you have to spend $199.90 total or $99.95 during phase 1, then $99.95 during phase 2.

#15 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

View PostAmoro, on 11 February 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

I'm guessing you have to spend the specified value during each phase to get the reward for each phase. Like if you want the griffin mastery pack and the wolverine master pack you have to spend $199.90 total or $99.95 during phase 1, then $99.95 during phase 2.

Yup

#16 Alardus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:31 PM

>Spend 99.95. Ever.

I'd like to just buy the camo colors and grind my way up free, but the cost/reward structure isn't worth it unless I buy heavily into MWO. Staying with olive green..

#17 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:02 PM

View PostAlardus, on 11 February 2016 - 10:31 PM, said:

I'd like to just buy the camo colors and grind my way up free, but the cost/reward structure isn't worth it unless I buy heavily into MWO. Staying with olive green..

Default green is still the best camo color. ;)

Edited by El Bandito, 11 February 2016 - 11:03 PM.

#18 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:38 AM

View PostJep, on 11 February 2016 - 06:06 PM, said:

I second everything you just said.

That being said however, it is further proof that PGI is biased against the Clans.

Are you serious?
First, every competition during the last months included freebies for you even if you didn't buy an IS-package.
Second, you're free to play (and buy) IS even if you're Clan-affiliated. If you don't want to: it's not PGIs fault. It's your decision.

The last point is the most important: there had been a time where almost NO IS-mechs had been released whatsoever. But Clans got Wave I and II. You REALLY want to forget about the Clan-specific events hold there, right?

And did you forget that the IIC-mechs had similar events? And that their pricetag is considerably lower than that of the IS-packages sold over the last few months?

As for my plans: I got tons of Clanheroes out of my Wave-packages, so can't complain on that end.
On top of that, we got ACH, SCR, TBR and DWF as free trial-Champions. All of them with - I dare to say - pretty good loadouts. Sans modules and skills, ofc, but good loadouts.
For players like me who experienced PGI classics like the trial Quickdraw with 0,9 heatefficiency, they're a godsend.

If you just wanted to complain that players which spent money in order to get this game evolving and running will get more freebies than the freeloaders.... just gtfo.

View PostEmber Stormfield, on 11 February 2016 - 09:32 PM, said:

Why is there never any Clan mechs that get given away? Posted Image

You're talking about the TBR(C) given for free during Christmas?
Or the Warhawk C (I think it had been the C) last year?
And hadn't there been an adder going out? Adder up or what that event had been called...

Edited by Kshat, 12 February 2016 - 01:36 AM.

#19 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:48 AM

View PostPUFNSTUF, on 11 February 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

So are none of the masteries or heroes under 50$ worth it?

The Commando Hero and Locust Hero are pretty good. If you can cope with the prospects of sometimes running up the wrong alley and getting oneshot, they got the potential to deliver tons of fun.

The Vindicator as a whole and the Hero in special is more or less one of the worst mechs ingame. Loads of work to get it going, almost no rewards. It's not even in the category of "hard to master", it just does everything bad and there's always heaps of mechs which could to the job better. At least it looks rather good.

Hunchback and Enforcer are solid to good mechs, the enforcer sporting some pretty good loadouts. Depends mostly on your will to get the whole bunch of them to master these mechs.

Spiders are a tad iffy. The spider itself got neat mechs, but is almost outdone by it's former job by the ACH. Still a fun and solid mech to round out your IS dropdeck. But the hero is more than underwhelming.

The Jenner mastery pack would be my go to-answer if someone asks me what to get. Jenners are fun, rather versatile (for a 35t light) and pretty good. The Oxide is fun, too. Some might argue that Firestarter or ACH are better mechs in this role, but Jenners aren't bad.Just keep running past your enemies since your arms won't shield your CT as good as a humanoid design would do.

Edited by Kshat, 12 February 2016 - 01:48 AM.

#20 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:49 AM

View PostKshat, on 12 February 2016 - 01:48 AM, said:

Spiders are a tad iffy. The spider itself got neat mechs, but is almost outdone by it's former job by the ACH. Still a fun and solid mech to round out your IS dropdeck. But the hero is more than underwhelming.

While I love piloting Spiders, I must admit they're not the right 'Mechs for all-out farming anything except Scouting rewards. The regular spiders each have a role where they fit in pretty neatly, but the Hero does not. It cannot do a single thing better than one of the other spiders - except you really really like having arm lasers in BOTH arms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users