Best In Game Commentator

5 replies to this topic

#1 D1rty0ldM4n

Rookie

• The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

Wanted to find out if anyone is offering professional game commentaries on competition matches and, if they are, who the best currently is.

Just watched a competition game in the current oceanic 'Battle for Midway' tournament which was commentated by Adsbom (link to video). Although this was under competition match conditions (i.e. tonnage limitations, mech limitations, specific map rules) I found the quality of the real time commentary quite impressive.

I also wonder if commentated competition matches might be a neat way to introduce new players to competition match mechanics and strategies (both team and mech specific). Anyone have opinions on this?

Background I used to play a lot of DotA 2 which has an impressive number of competition matches and inbuilt live commentary of them (often several commentators might do the same match but the viewer can pick which, if any, they'd like to listen to). Might be cool for MWO to implement something similar down the track.

Note: I am a member of ARMD the unit that Adsbom belongs to so I might be a little biased but it got me thinking about in game commentators for MWO more generally.

Edit: forgot to put the link to the video in.. woops!

Edited by D1rty0ldM4n, 20 February 2016 - 03:29 PM.

#2 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:39 PM

I'd like to recommend one of our members: Voice_of_Reason, he tends to be our in-unit commentator and he is currently getting into voice acting. If you have need of one that is.

But yes, I agree with you, it would help introduce new players quite handily.

Edited by rolly, 20 February 2016 - 03:40 PM.

#3 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:07 PM

Blue Drache is exceptional and makes any drop more entertaining.

#4 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:26 PM

just watched this last night

Banditb17

homeless_Bill

#5 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:33 AM

right now it's prolly banditB17 and Mdmzero, they are really the only ones covering the comp scene, Bill and Siri have not casted in prolly over a year. bandit and MD do a ton of casts for MRBC, and have several features on the pages there as well if you want to watch old ones, they are currently casting at least one game a week for the -MS- invitational, and MRBC kicks off in about a week or so.

#6 R01D5

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCroatia, Holy Terra

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:51 AM

George Ledoux (a.k.a. Duncan Fisher from Mechwarrior 4:Mercs) is the best damn commentator on this side of the galaxy.
http://mwomercs.com/...-loyalties-lie/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users