Survey: Mad Cat Mk.ii Cosmetics

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Mad Cat Mk.II Cosmetic (30 member(s) have cast votes)

What Would be the Best Look for the Mad Cat Mk.II

1. TRO/MW4 Classic Look (14 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

2. Mad Cat "Mk.VII" New Look (5 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. MWO'fied Madcat Mk.II (9 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

4. Other: Please explain (2 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:34 PM

So we know that is coming at some point, well very good chance at some time in the future we will get this mech among many others. WE are not here to discuss this. We are here to discuss what would we want to see in its design. How it should look to us. There are many options but we will keep it too only 3 distinct ones.

We don't need a history lesson on this mech, many of us know about it DON'T start this whole argument that follows the mech around cause of certain people and some certain people that have an odd hatred for this mech for many different reasons (though none IMO have legit reasons besides personal feelings towards it or what persons associated with it)...REPEAT DON'T START THIS ARGUMENT!

The TRO:3067 pages of the mech are here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1. The TRO/MW4 Mad Cat mk.II, though a bit different in design, they are very similar and are the classic look of the mech. (first rendition is the Mechwarrior 4 look). IN order Mechwarrior 4 design is Top, the Bottom is the TRO/TT design.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

(with Direwolf/Warhawk legs)

2. The Mad Cat "Mk.VII" concept that has some followers who like it, it is taken of deviant art, none official Battletech related. (The Mad Crab?)

Posted Image

3. Concept done by LastKhan, this was a conception of a Mad Cat Mk.II. Some what influenced by the Mad Cat Mk.II Enhanced.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The reasons I am asking this question and requesting feedback is for several reasons...

1. I am making a CAD concept of Mad Cat Mk.II would like to generate something that the community would like and help influence the look later one.

2. Try to pass along to Alex maybe the idea's. Though it is his entire choice of how it looks in the end.

Keep it civil please in here, this is general discussion.

Right now I am leaning on the original TRO concept mixed with some influence from the MW4 design.

Edited by CK16, 28 February 2016 - 12:47 PM.

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:01 PM

Don't care that much for the TRO version
PLOG went a little too Laubenstein on it, IMO.

That MkVII is an abomination only a blind chimp could love. ED209s reject love child.

MW4 brought us the mkII. Thus it should act as the basis.

That said, it will need streamlining to really work in MWO. Those racks need to be smaller and lower. The Gauss pods larger for shield purposes, without going add ridiculously oversized as in the TRO. Probably would see the bullet torso blunted some like the TBR, though aesthetically, I hope not.

#3 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

Alex made the MK II like -MKVII-this, Posted Image

Edited by SgtMagor, 28 February 2016 - 02:02 PM.

#4 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:20 AM

Bump

#5 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAnywhere and everywhere....

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:44 AM

Well in my opinion,

The Timber Wolf Mk. VII or Mad Crab is a sexy looking mech, and its right up my alley. I love both the Timber Wolf and The Crab looking mech's, put them together and you get the rebirth of a monster....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users