28 replies to this topic

#21 Ivan Romatovich Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 44 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:55 PM

Grasshoppers x3, tbolts x3, quickdraw x3, mix and match as the mood hits. Also toss in blackjacks every once in a while.

#22 AnimePops

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:37 PM

Is the Metamech guides obsolete? I have been gone awhile and trying to get up to speed. My hanger is in shambles because what was good is not so much anymore and want to start progressing towards being relevant. That site talks about BJ's and Thunderbolts being "ok" and highlights IS relevant mechs to compete vs Clans as Wolverine's., Stawkers, Griffins, Hunchies, and Stawkers. Plus Firestarter and Raven's. So I have started my list of mech's to aquire as Wolverine / Hunchies, Stawkers, and Griffins, plus some Firestarters. Am I wrong for this?

#23 Ollorin

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:20 PM

View PostAnunaki, on 16 March 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Is the Metamech guides obsolete? I have been gone awhile and trying to get up to speed. My hanger is in shambles because what was good is not so much anymore and want to start progressing towards being relevant. That site talks about BJ's and Thunderbolts being "ok" and highlights IS relevant mechs to compete vs Clans as Wolverine's., Stawkers, Griffins, Hunchies, and Stawkers. Plus Firestarter and Raven's. So I have started my list of mech's to aquire as Wolverine / Hunchies, Stawkers, and Griffins, plus some Firestarters. Am I wrong for this?

I'm new to CW and have been going off of the general mechs that Metamechs suggests for IS and it's been working out for me. Of course what works for one person may not be the best solution for another so mileage may vary. At the very least is a good place to start.

For example, currently I drop with 1 STK-4N, 2 TDR-9SE, & 1 BJ-1X, which I chose because they are listed as 3 of the top 4 for tonnage efficiency on Metamechs. Initially I had gone with 2 QKD-5K (#2 on the tonnage efficiency list) but I haven't been able to get them to work for me as well as I would like, so I opted to swap them with #3 on the list, the TDR-9SE, for the extra tankiness.

#24 AnimePops

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:26 PM

So glad I ran across this thread. Just tried the TDR line and it may be my favorite so far.

#25 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:50 PM

i have multiple is dropdecks, mostly because i get bored and like variety. Most of my Is dropdecks include a kingcrab and a jager and then 2 other mechs depending on my map or mood.

one i use often

For clan i have 1 dropdeck, 2 timberwolves and 2 kitfox

its under tonnage, but i find my kitfoxes better suited for CW and my shadowcats better suited to pugs. I also want to make room for a direwolf, but i dont want to use one till they are all mastered (b/c slow asf)

#26 Colonel Clunge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 104 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:12 AM

Has anyone found a thread that talks about Drop Decks by game mode? Seems to me that what's good for defending is very different from what's good for counter attacking. Coupled to this, is there any discussion on what's good vs clan particularly?

Thx

#27 Depressing-Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNew Tasmania, Kikuyu

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

King Krab, Cicada, Warhammer, Enforcer.

#28 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:26 AM

I think the Stormtrooper deck is pretty great; on the whole, I am more comfortable spreading four heavies across the match than front loading assault tonnage.

#29 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:25 PM

If i am in a mixed unit I go with 4 Thunderbolts -- variety depends on map. (usually). If its with a non-mixed 12-man who all have the FRR dropdeck, then I go with that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users