The Berserker Are Here For 2 Days And Got 4 Planets

56 replies to this topic

#1 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

We are not very active in CW due to the ongoing event, but surprised we took 4 planets within just 2 days. Is the Kungsarmee resting or training in a hidden spot? You can come over to our channel on ComStar na1.mech-connect.net
Alternatively the unit members from a loyalist unit are welcome to activate collectively their ingame voip since these 7 pilots did not even react to written attempts at coordination.

#2 SuperAtomicAirplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:48 AM

Congratulations on your victories!

The FRR Hub is the place to be for FRR-based CW coordination. You're welcome to join us there any time. There are almost always a couple 12-man groups going any given night. The community is one of the friendliest in the game so don't be shy, stop by and say hello!

#3 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:51 AM

View PostSuperAtomicAirplane, on 14 March 2016 - 10:48 AM, said:

Congratulations on your victories!

The FRR Hub is the place to be for FRR-based CW coordination. You're welcome to join us there any time. There are almost always a couple 12-man groups going any given night. The community is one of the friendliest in the game so don't be shy, stop by and say hello!

Posted Image

#4 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:41 PM

Posted Image

Lol, Dane I'm not sure I understand your response. I am sure that I will wake up at least once in a cold sweat tomorrow morning, from the nightmare your meme just gave me.

Berserkers! Welcome to the Rasalhague Republic and congratulations on your success in the field! Looking forward to seeing you guys at the FRR Hub. Feel free to stop in anytime while you're here, but it's BYOB.

162.243.239.158:9725
PW: Dragon

Edited by DaemonWulfe, 14 March 2016 - 02:48 PM.

#5 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:00 PM

Here is your cookie.Posted Image

#6 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:33 PM

Mmmm, cookie!

Silly me, I forgot to mention one of the most well known customs of traditional FRR units, and the lack of this knowledge may have led to an uncomfortable confusion in how Kungsarme conduct operations in the field. I noticed last evening that your guys favored hitting turrets and gens on attack and had some difficulty getting others to follow.

The reason why is because the Kungsarme LOVES to fight. If we don't have enemies to fight, we'll even start fighting ourselves. Our core units go by this philosophy: every single Clanner that sets foot in our space must die. All of them, or as many as we can catch. If the resistance we encounter is tough, we'll fall back on objectives as a means to eke out a win from under the opposition. We generally aim to kill every trespasser on our worlds first, then go pilfering for generators and other trinkets. It's a tactic that has generally worked for us for quite some time.

Since we're almost always outnumbered, the long haul game is played. We grind them, farm them, and make them pay for every inch of ground taken. We leave gen rushing up to the larger units who can drop 4 or 5 assault teams at once to quickly take planets.

I hope this helps clear things up and leads to a smoother experience with our pilots. Our units are set in their ways like cranky old men, hehehe... Looking forward to seeing your unit tag out there for more planets!

#7 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:13 AM

View PostDaemonWulfe, on 15 March 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

Silly me, I forgot to mention one of the most well known customs of traditional FRR units, and the lack of this knowledge may have led to an uncomfortable confusion in how Kungsarme conduct operations in the field. I noticed last evening that your guys favored hitting turrets and gens on attack and had some difficulty getting others to follow.

The reason why is because the Kungsarme LOVES to fight.

When we drop with pugs they got the first wave to prove your words. If they fail to use their chance, we go for objectives. If it's 20 minutes until cease fire and the planet is at 48%, yes then we gen rush to get as fast as possible back into the queue and have a 2nd match while securing the conquest. Maybe this is the reason why we got so many planets with minimum effort, we know how to capture a planet while you know how to brag about your fighting.

A typical match looked like this, when given a slot on Boreal Vault we asked in the pre game room which strategy they would prefer, sniping or objectives. The 4 members of a loyalist unit told us they would like to snipe. We adapted our dropdecks, used a lemming train to open the gate and spread out in the trench for sniping. What happens next? The 4 members of a loyalist unit dripped one by one onto the platform and got killed. They then complained that we didn't give them orders. So we changed our strategy to objectives. We gave them orders, move into the base, form a death ball and move together to the generators. This time the 4 members from a loyalist unit stopped in the trench and were sniping the enemy at maximum range while we stormed the platform, effectively wasting 2 waves.

And we prefer to avoid the FRR ts hub since Tukayyid 2, when the admin expressed his welcoming attitude by daily ridiculing our name in our designated merc channel in every possible manner. We don't care about this, but we don't care about people like this either ..

#8 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

View PostBSK, on 18 March 2016 - 06:13 AM, said:

And we prefer to avoid the FRR ts hub since Tukayyid 2, when the admin expressed his welcoming attitude by daily ridiculing our name in our designated merc channel in every possible manner.

Posted Image

What a stupid claim.
I misspelt their name, "beserker" and BSK made fun of me. Hardly "ridiculing our name..in every possible manner". Melodramatic, and if somehow true, it means I am incredibly uncreative. So many possibilities for "every possible manner"! The reality is they were jerks to the FRR and the FRR hub prior to me making them a channel (which they had already indicated they had very little interest in using), which I still did, and then they were jerks to me because I misspelt it. So I just left it that way.

My good name has been disparaged and it seems to me, at present, I have only one recourse.

BSK, Leader of the Berserker unit, I Dane Jarl of the ISENGRIM, challenge you to trial by combat, or Holmgang. You've constantly been condescending towards the FRR loyalist units and the FRR Hub. You insulted my "Norse-ness" when I misspelt "berserker" and now you've publicly attempted to smear my name.

Prove your own Norse background and face me as any true berserker would, or back down, scoff, whatever cowardly thing you think prudent, and demonstrate the lie in your own name.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 18 March 2016 - 09:06 AM.

#9 UCR Starwolf

• PipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:51 AM

Posted Image

Edited by UCR Starwolf, 18 March 2016 - 08:51 AM.

#10 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

Yeah you went from Beserkers to Beeserkers to Beeseekers and then deleted the channel. What was my offense to you? Oh yes, letting you know that picking up smaller units during Tukayyid 2 was our idea on Tukayyid 1and I offered support.
You can have your duel when the event is over, I prefer to play with my unit and really really really do not care about LARP in MechWarrior when people post always as drunken Viking.

#11 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:38 AM

View PostBSK, on 18 March 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

You can have your duel when the event is over, I prefer to play with my unit and really really really do not care about LARP in MechWarrior when people post always as drunken Viking.

Never have I represented myself a some sort of "drunk viking".
Nor even am I requesting you join me on some ridiculous LARP Lark.
We here are using the MWO forums to communicate, where we are talking about MWO things, because we play MWO games. And I am challenging you to play MWO against me.

Do not pretend that this is somehow beneath you, that suddenly you are a mature adult who'd never deign to participate in such petty games, you're already here, you're already posting; it is too late to suddenly claim ignorance and respectability and flee the scene of the issued holmgang.

If you are afraid then admit it, if you are cowardly then embrace it; don't hide behind your hastily constructed mirages. You came here to boast of your achievements and belittle the FRR's, and now you are being called to answer for your passive-aggressive slights.

I am not seeking excuses. Come and fight me or don't. Demonstrate your cowardice before man and god alike, or prove your worthiness in combat.

What day is best for you to meet this challenge?
Or do you refuse?

Edited by Mech The Dane, 18 March 2016 - 10:47 AM.

#12 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:49 AM

Posted Image

The Dominion endorses this inter-FRR squabbling.

Also, the Dominion wishes to ensure that you know that the rumors that BSK is primarily made up of "founders" does not mean that they are in anyway associated with the Dominion. We promise.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 18 March 2016 - 09:55 AM.

#13 SuperAtomicAirplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:24 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 18 March 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

It's always interesting around here :)

#14 UCR Starwolf

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:54 AM

Posted Image

#15 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:59 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 18 March 2016 - 09:49 AM, said:

Posted Image

Also, the Dominion wishes to ensure that you know that the rumors that BSK is primarily made up of "founders" does not mean that they are in anyway associated with the Dominion. We promise.

I wouldn't exactly call it an internal squabble. It's more like a small mercenary company that bragged about taking planets (they only have one tag up) and tried to make the faction look like it's not doing anything. I remember those nights and we had several strike teams hammering those planets with them. Dude spoke as if BSK was the only unit fighting on those nights. We were stomping through matches at a decent rate.

Anyways, I'd hate for you guys to leave our faction on bad terms. Those of us who have remained loyalist have been working together since CW launched. Because of that time together we work better together. When an outside unit comes in and starts ruffling feathers, that unit doesn't tend to last long within our borders. You can't just walk in throwing what little weight you have around and expect the community to respect you. It takes time and a good showing.

Anyways, take MTD's Holmgang challenge or just be that guy who backed down from a challenge and be known as one who talks the talk but can't walk the walk. If you want more action than that, I'd love to see a BSK vs Isengrim match.

#16 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:06 AM

View PostDaemonWulfe, on 18 March 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

I wouldn't exactly call it an internal squabble. It's more like a small mercenary company that bragged about taking planets (they only have one tag up) and tried to make the faction look like it's not doing anything.

Sure, I'm just here to tie in founders, ghost bear dominion, and BSK/FRR all into one big inter-sci-fi reference pile.

View PostDaemonWulfe, on 18 March 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

You can't just walk in throwing what little weight you have around and expect the community to respect you.

The founders demand respect!

#17 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:02 PM

BSK vs. Isengrim ?

BSK wins, approximate rate of probability 74 %

I´m not really sure if Isengrim can handle DAT AGGRO but am looking forward to this amusing little interlude in the boredom of CW affairs .

#18 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 18 March 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

More like 5%*. I have never known of BSK to be a force, except when shaming Night's Scorn on the forums for being CW meanies.

*You never know if Mech the Dane or someone else might have a seizure or pass out during the match

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 18 March 2016 - 12:54 PM.

#19 SuperAtomicAirplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:52 PM

We're just a C-tier team, nothing to worry about.

Edited by SuperAtomicAirplane, 18 March 2016 - 12:52 PM.

#20 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 18 March 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

BSK vs. Isengrim ?

My challenge was for a 1v1 fight. However is BSK wants to go 8v8 against me and my Thegns.. we can do that too. They are eager for violence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users