What Is Your Favorite Light Battlemech And Why?

98 replies to this topic

#81 DJ Mitchell

• PipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 61 posts
  • Locationright behind you

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:20 AM

View PostTercieI, on 09 September 2016 - 05:56 AM, said:

This thread makes me so sad that I feel compelled to play pretty much only ACHs at any level of seriousness.

I may have to go Commando in the solo queue to relieve my malaise.

Sure do, it´s fun.

I ride almost nothing else in solo queue these days then my Commando. The little "Atlas Hunter" gets his 4th Scout Regiment Camacho Caballeros decal next, then its perfect. Posted Image

Maybe try a Myst Lynx afterwards.

Still missing MW4 Kit Fox with ECM Ultra 20 and 145kph ;(

#82 Count Zero74

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:39 AM

The Locust in front of my Streakdog. Splat!!

#83 Vladosteron

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:43 AM

View PostKeshav Murali, on 09 September 2016 - 05:52 AM, said:

Actually, the Grid Iron is still the single most powerful gauss rifle.

Yeah, you're right. Forgot about the Grid!

#84 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:05 AM

I've been enjoying my Mist Lynxes quite a bit lately.

My current faves are 3 SRM4 (trolololol), and 3MPL (pleasantly, surprisingly effective; marginally more heat than 4SPL for much more range). 3 MPL might be the best build I've found for it at my skill-to-derp ratio.

I also find 3 ERML with 2 Streak2 to be more effective than it seems like it ought to be. Probably the ability to maintain some semblance of range for poking and spamming streaks, and the ability to pop the streaks for relatively little heat while ducking behind cover.

Edited by Virlutris, 09 September 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#85 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 09 September 2016 - 12:07 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 09 September 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

I've been enjoying my Mist Lynxes quite a bit lately.

My current faves are 3 SRM4 (trolololol), and 3MPL (pleasantly, surprisingly effective; marginally more heat than 4SPL for much more range). 3 MPL might be the best build I've found for it at my skill-to-derp ratio.

I also find 3 ERML with 2 Streak2 to be more effective than it seems like it ought to be. Probably the ability to maintain some semblance of range for poking and spamming streaks, and the ability to pop the streaks for relatively little heat while ducking behind cover.

3MPL. I ...don't hate that. Do you cheat for an extra DHS or just live with waste tonnage (could also add an ERSL, it actually synchs decently. Ooh, or better, yet: FLAMER)

Edited by TercieI, 09 September 2016 - 12:14 PM.

#86 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 11 September 2016 - 06:17 PM

View PostTercieI, on 09 September 2016 - 12:07 PM, said:

3MPL. I ...don't hate that. Do you cheat for an extra DHS or just live with waste tonnage (could also add an ERSL, it actually synchs decently. Ooh, or better, yet: FLAMER)

I live with the waste, if memory serves. If I think the extra half-ton will help, I usually strip the head armor down to 12 (I think). Unless I've got no weapons in one of the arms, I don't strip an arm for more armor.

I could just strip one or 2 armor off each pod to free up an entire ton for a cDHS, but I like the armor more. It still runs pretty nicely :)

I also use one of the single-energy arms to get the cooldown bonus, so I don't have the extra mount for a flamer or ERSL.

#87 Arianrhod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:21 PM

View PostDJ Mitchell, on 09 September 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

Still missing MW4 Kit Fox with ECM Ultra 20 and 145kph ;(

Omigosh same. I used the C-LB20 or the C-Gauss and 1 heavy medium laser

Fave light is the Commando, my first mech in MWO. Because I like my lights on the high firepower side and because CT SRM ZOMBIE MODE

#88 DJ Mitchell

• PipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 61 posts
  • Locationright behind you

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:48 AM

Yep, or long range Version with C-ERPPC and C-UAC2.

Because of the CT SRM Zombie I'll hope they introduce the Javelin to MWO. 30Tons JJs and even an ECM/BAP variant is also possible.

#89 Coffee Black

• Pip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 16 posts
  • LocationLum Shipyards

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:36 PM

Myst lynx.

#90 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:40 PM

The Adder. Why? It's sneaky. It has a surprisingly low profile that you can take advantage of with peeking. The two best builds for it I have is Ultra 20 and 3 sml, or lrg pulse + 4 ermed. It is not a 'mech intended to brawl, it's a surprise punch and duck 'mech. I call it the giant slayer because it has a massive pod space for its weight class which equals a fairly effective assault 'mech gibber.

Edited by MadHornet, 20 September 2016 - 08:41 PM.

#91 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:17 PM

Arctic cheetah pair in a enemy backfield is amazing and terrifying. Narc AMS ECM kit fox for the trolling, was really funny last narc event.
I really want to put a UAC 20 on a adder though. Just got to get one...

#92 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:44 PM

Absolute favorite? Urbie. Accept no substitutes. Any variant (two configs for each). It can be surprisingly useful, given the right config and reasonably capable pilot... but it can also be the trolliest trollmech that ever did lul.

Runners up: PNT-10K (ERPPC+SRM4), PNT-9R (4xMPL+SRM4), COM-TDK (4xML), SDR-A (2xMPL+SRM6), RVN-4X (AC20. BoomBird!)

The Adder with a UAC20 and 3xERSL is also tremendous fun, but that's an Omnimech. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users