Holmgang With Stock Mech Or Altered?

52 replies to this topic

Poll: Holmgang with stock mechs? (62 member(s) have cast votes)

Should a Holmgang be a fair fight with stock mechs?

1. Altered mechs? (49 votes [79.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.03%

2. Stock mechs? (13 votes [20.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.97%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Padre Balistique

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:57 PM

View PostWindscape, on 24 March 2016 - 03:56 PM, said:

looks like no comment from the man himself, BSK

Things didn't go his way. What else did you expect.

#22 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:27 AM

I know I'm new to the faction, but that means I don't have a vested interest in either side. Let me just begin by flat out stating some battlemechs are totally bad stock (at least for the majority of them, videogame wise)

I feel where a lot of people are coming from, mech-building is almost like a skill for some people, they've got mechs optimized for their liking.

However, I feel like, for a Trial of Grievance, one should really be in a stock mech. It would bring the duel down to pilot skill. In fact I say, fight him in your Centurion! The AH has lrms iirc (and a big AC), you should have no trouble engaging whatever 50 ton mech he brings, custom or not!

Disclaimer: starbomber is very biased towards centurions as they were the first mech he mastered and he thinks they seriously look cool. A Centurion can beat anything, true fact.

#23 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:07 AM

View PostMech The Dane, on 24 March 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

So, how long we gonna wait on this poll, BSK?

I knew you would be too much of a coward to send me a friend request after the event was over, I waited 4 hours. Can't even type in 3 simple letters when you are drunk? Instead you present yourself as personal union of victim and hero to the public? You really think we would try to rig the vote with our more than 200 members for just 7 votes? We are having our laugh at how important you take yourself when just 8 of us can conquer 4 planets within only 5 attack phases in your faction. And what does the result have to do with our Holmgang? I was asking the community for their opinion, not letting them have the decision. We will still play both in a stock Centurion-AH on the 1v1 map on the European server. But after all the immature drama you guys create here and all the vile venom you spit at people who don't use the teamspeak server you took over, I'm wondering if it's a Holmgang or if I have to face Grendel's mother. If this is more than a browser game for you, face me ingame.

View PostLobo VVahya, on 23 March 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

After only a few interaction with this BSK guy, he just looks like a arrogant person who, when finally is called out, tries some underhanded strategies rather then playing 1v1 in preset rules already established in this game.

Jumping on the bandwagon with gum chewing cheerleaders at the lockers to become one of them? You bought 2 mech packages and invested 200 bucks for one account, never lost access due to a ban, still have the password and then decided 2 years later to start a new account when you returned to the game. That's why I made a reference to the interrogation scene of the Matrix about living 2 lives. But that went over your head just it goes over my head why you chime in with immature bullying from a faction of no relevance without Mercs. Who told you there were preset rules when you returned?

View PostWindscape, on 23 March 2016 - 05:46 PM, said:

BSK said that a fight with altered mechs would be unfair towards the other

I said both playing in the same mech is a fair fight, boolean logic isn't applicable here. I'm also not saying it's the only fair way to fight. If he challenges me, then I determine how we fight.

#24 Scurro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:17 AM

View PostBSK, on 25 March 2016 - 04:07 AM, said:

But after all the immature drama you guys create here and all the vile venom you spit at people who don't use the teamspeak server

Posted Image

#25 Jimt0r

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:26 AM

trial mechs would be fair in my mind, reality is none of the stock mechs are any good, just to prove that ya can be good in a $hit mech

Edited by Jimt0r, 25 March 2016 - 05:33 AM.

#26 Jimt0r

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 05:32 AM

get it on and the vids out there!!!

#27 Giving Em The Business

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 66 posts
  • LocationOn your six, duct tape at the ready

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:03 AM

Holmgangs were only fought until first blood. They were like really risky turn based slap fights. One person was allowed to strike then the other did in turn and this continued until someone was out of shields or was wounded.
Unless you are going to fight until someone is hit once this is all really much ado about nothing.
Holmgangs didn't allow for running or movement outside of a 9-12 foot circle.
It was toe to toe fighting the whole way.
To get caught up on the name or rules for something that really has no bearing except to indicate that someone wants to fight seems silly.

This is a duel nothing more nothing less.
Pick a mech, pick a place, post the twitch.tv link, fight and be done with it.
Personally I don't care if you use two Atlai with one medium laser each just get on with it already.

#28 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:19 AM

I knew you would be too much of a coward to send me a friend request after the event was over, I waited 4 hours.

You waited 4 hours? For what? Unless i missed some communication between you two, you never declared that it was to take place IMMEDIATELY after the event was over. It was just "after the event" which it is still "after the event" Dane probably had to sleep off his night of NOT drinking. Chill dude...just chill. Pick a time, and Dane will show.

Edited by KamikazeRat, 25 March 2016 - 06:25 AM.

#29 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:20 AM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 25 March 2016 - 06:19 AM, said:

You waited 4 hours? For what? Unless i missed some communication between you two, you never declared that it was to take place IMMEDIATELY after the event was over.

Let me show you what I wrote:

View PostBSK, on 18 March 2016 - 09:26 AM, said:

You can have your duel when the event is over

View PostBSK, on 18 March 2016 - 01:24 PM, said:

Like I already said, after the event. [...] When the event is over you are allowed to send me a friend request.

And what did Grendel's mother do? He wrote twice in this forum, bragging, foulmouthed, accusing me to rig the vote like he did on the FRR teamspeak hub:

View PostMech The Dane, on 24 March 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

So, how long we gonna wait on this poll, BSK?

View PostMech The Dane, on 24 March 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

Of the 7 votes currently for stockmechs, 5 of them are BSK Kurita members. 1 of them is a Marik account that is less then a week old and has never posted (alt) and it looks like only one of them is a legit FRR member.

Lots of legitimacy.

But I have no friend request to turn this browsergame into an online fight. Why is there none? Why does this gabber come twice to this forum instead of typing in 3 letters ingame for a friend request that we need to get this finally started?

View PostGiving Em The Business, on 25 March 2016 - 06:03 AM, said:

Holmgangs were only fought until first blood. They were like really risky turn based slap fights. One person was allowed to strike then the other did in turn and this continued until someone was out of shields or was wounded.
Unless you are going to fight until someone is hit once this is all really much ado about nothing.
Holmgangs didn't allow for running or movement outside of a 9-12 foot circle.
It was toe to toe fighting the whole way.

Finally someone understands my choice for the Centurion-AH in stock mode. He asked for a Holmgang, and that is what he gets.

#30 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:25 AM

View PostBSK, on 25 March 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

But I have no friend request to turn this browsergame into an online fight. Why is there none? Why does this gabber come twice to this forum instead of typing in 3 letters ingame for a friend request that we need to get this finally started?

Finally someone understands my choice for the Centurion-AH in stock mode. He asked for a Holmgang, and that is what he gets.

Technically, nobody needs to friend request anybody. Players can be invited to lobby by name.

Also, Holmgangs were (apparently...) fought 3-7 days after the issued challenge. Today is the seventh day.

#31 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:14 AM

This is some good stuff.

I knew you would be too much of a coward to send me a friend request after the event was over, I waited 4 hours. Can't even type in 3 simple letters when you are drunk? Instead you present yourself as personal union of victim and hero to the public?

First, "waited 4 hours" is arbitrary and nonsensical. Feel free to always pick some random meaningless time and wait around for me though, lol! Also, I think anyone present would think that we are still discussing the fine details of the match especially since instead of just insisting on your dumb rules you made this topic.

You really think we would try to rig the vote with our more than 200 members for just 7 votes? We are having our laugh at how important you take yourself when just 8 of us can conquer 4 planets within only 5 attack phases in your faction.

I brought up us actually having our two units fight earlier and you never said a word. I am glad you guys can gen rush during off hours against skittles. Everyone is really impressed.

And what does the result have to do with our Holmgang? I was asking the community for their opinion, not letting them have the decision.

Of course. You made this topic and wasted everyone's time for funsies.

We will still play both in a stock Centurion-AH on the 1v1 map on the European server.

Finally.

I'm wondering if it's a Holmgang or if I have to face Grendel's mother. If this is more than a browser game for you, face me ingame.

Again, you made this topic. Instead of fighting you took us on this magical journey through the looking glass of your own glaring mental deficiencies.

I said both playing in the same mech is a fair fight, boolean logic isn't applicable here. I'm also not saying it's the only fair way to fight. If he challenges me, then I determine how we fight.

You determine how we fight after..and I hate to say it again MAKING THIS TOPIC. Man do you enjoy drawing things out. Let's get this over with already.

Posted Image

I am guessing based off of your rules I now sit around for 4, random, hours and get indignant when you don't show up and make some non-binding polls?

Sounds good. I am heading out of town for Easter so if you want to fight me soon it'll need to be within 4 hours of me posting this message - otherwise we'll need to do it Monday. (If you cannot make it today/soon tell me what times on Monday work for you).

Edited by Mech The Dane, 25 March 2016 - 08:22 AM.

#32 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:54 AM

View PostBSK, on 25 March 2016 - 07:20 AM, said:

Let me show you what I wrote:

You actually proved my statement: "AFTER THE EVENT" is an indefinite time frame. Had you said, "immediately following the event's close". that would have been a more definite time frame, but still vague. had you said, "within 4 hours of the close of the event" that is a definite time frame. Words are hard.

Edited by KamikazeRat, 25 March 2016 - 09:02 AM.

#33 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:27 AM

We fought.

The honor of the FRR and my own honor have been defended.

We did the best out of three following all of BSK's stipulations:
Stock CENT-AH's, no changes to anything including armor values, Heatsinks etc, on a European server using the 1v1 map.

Spoiler

Tarogato recorded the match and should be posting it shortly.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 25 March 2016 - 10:04 AM.

#34 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:37 AM

View PostMech The Dane, on 25 March 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

We did the best out of three following all of BSK's stipulations:

All my stipulations? No, you cried for a best out of 3 after you lost the battle. Don't be a bad winner ..

#35 Scurro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostBSK, on 25 March 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

All my stipulations? No, you cried for a best out of 3 after you lost the battle. Don't be a bad winner ..

To be fair, best out of three would be warranted with hitreg this bad which registered as a hit to the leg. I am sure Mech the Dane would be willing to do more if you are not satisfied with the results.

#36 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostScurro, on 25 March 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

best out of three would be warranted

I agreed to a best out of three to finally get rid of him after he let me wait 30 minutes for even the first fight, but he comes to the forum and pretends it was the plan from the beginning.

#37 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:51 AM

As Mech The Dane couldn't get his OBS to cooperate, he asked me to record for him. I apologise to BSK for the delay, I was trying to help Dane get his OBS working again because he originally wanted to stream.

#38 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

The End =D

#39 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:58 AM

View PostTarogato, on 25 March 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

I apologise to BSK for the delay

No, the 30 minute delay was when he ignored my 3 messages to get him into the lobby and then declined 7 invites to the lobby, going for a training, going for a lobby fight and going for another lobby fight. And then you gave us another 15 minute delay for your OBS ..

#40 Padre Balistique

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:02 AM

Good work, Dane.

View PostBSK, on 25 March 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

No, the 30 minute delay was when he ignored my 3 messages to get him into the lobby and then declined 7 invites to the lobby, going for a training, going for a lobby fight and going for another lobby fight. And then you gave us another 15 minute delay for your OBS ..

Always the pillar of grace and decorum.

Edited by Padre Balistique, 25 March 2016 - 10:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users