#41 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:43 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 April 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

It doesn't work in MW:O like it does in most games. It saves your printscr not to a copy/paste format but as a file under C:\Users\(username)\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online where (username) is whatever you're logged into your computer as.

Men don't speak about obvious things.
I know that.

#42 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:49 AM

Generally someone gets a black screen when trying to screenprint and paste to paint or something similar.

#43 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:50 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 April 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

Generally someone gets a black screen when trying to screenprint and paste to paint or something similar.

Heh, I've never had any issues like that. I run Full Windowed.

#44 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:55 AM

Can I swap the GHR/BKN for a WHM?
I love my GRHs, there's just a bit more of a whammie in the WHM - better comparison to a BKN, I think.
Got a picture of that in the stormproof, requestin tag...

I, as many others, am a great fan of this initiative, hats off to Dane.
However I feel, that maybe going with 2 70ts (GRH/WHM) + 2 quickdraws, is more of a punch - esp. since I feel 2 fast waves should be enough. Just my 2 cents.

#45 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:14 AM

The Warhammer is not as good as the Black Knight or Grasshopper.

Utilizing this chart you can see the Black Knight is a good bit tankier than the Warhammer. The BLK's side torso's are also pretty difficult to hit which only adds to its tankiness.

The Grasshopper isn't as tanky, but it has better hitboxes than the Warhammer and jump jets.
Basically, the WHM currently just isn't as good as those two mechs. It may not be a huge difference, but it is there.. and until the next quirk pass I feel like it's better if we funnel people towards the superior mechs.

The three role diverse Quickdraws (LL, LPL, SRM) are the core of the dropdeck. All future updates and variations to the dropdeck will be built around them. Which is why at this stage we feel it is important that everyone get those up and running first. Anyone who wants to do the GHR/GHR/QKD/QKD..should already have three quickdraws (for skill tree stuff) so having a GHR/QKD/QKD/QKD deck ready shouldn't be too much more to ask.

I understand that the Stormtrooper Deck is under tonnage; this is by design. PGI often changes the tonnage weights and having a 'standardized deck' that is max tonnage didn't seem wise in the long run. The Deck as a whole can survive a 5 ton drop weight reduction and the GHR/QKD/QKD/QKD version can survive a 10 ton reduction - that resilience is important. Even if they drop it below that the Quickdraws are light enough that they can still remain an integral part of the drop.

The current Stormtrooper deck is the standardized foundation for future decks. It's the starting point, which is why we have to be so strict about what people get for it.

Once enough people have the core dropdeck, we'll start changing it up a bit and you'll see GHR/GHR/QKD/QKD decks along with a few others. But we're not there yet. I want to get everyone on the same page, before people start skipping all over the place.

To quote Hoppa from another thread:

By allowing exceptions, it becomes difficult to manage, as everyone thinks some sort of exception applies to them, and then what was once a uniform deck, becomes a deck with variations in every direction, and can't achieve its purpose as easily or effectively. So initially for this proof of concept in the FRR we need to be a bit stricter, and then as it proves its worth, and other 'uniform' decks become available (like a beserker deck), i am sure variations and exceptions will become more common place.

TL;DR
Get the core deck up first.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 05 April 2016 - 02:38 AM.

#46 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:43 AM

Beyond which part of the point is that all the mechs every drop are essentially identical; it makes focused fire far more difficult to pull off.

I admit - I'm surprised at how often people look at a specific dropdeck and their first comment is 'That looks like a great idea!'

After which the response is 'I want to run that deck just not with the same mechs.'

If it's not the same mechs it's not the same deck.

#47 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:12 AM

If the proposed mechs run at the same speed and carry the same weapons (with the same quirks), I assumed that wasn't too big a deal. Especially if the pilots who request this already know what they are doing. BUT I totally understand the reasons behind the wish for identical setups. Nevermind was just curious, no need to explain me basics any further.

#48 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:12 AM

I had a good time w/ stormtrooper night -- except that first drop where I felt like the only redshirt to beam down to the hostile planet Posted Image. I specially enjoyed swapping on those flamers which proved to be very effective.

Edited by nehebkau, 05 April 2016 - 06:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users