Mwo The Last Few Weeks.

23 replies to this topic

#21 TwentyOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationI pay more to use less water. Cali.

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:25 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 07 April 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

Yup... And you're done.

Weapons with locking capabilities have been a staple of not only video games, but also real military weapons for the last several decades.

Of course they are part of real life. My point is that MECH GAMES DO NOT NEED LOCKING WEAPONS. Lrms are currently guided rocket artillery. Make them unguided and more damage, smaller spread and higher velocity. Everyone would be less mad fighting against them, and dodging lrms would be a nice new part of the game. They could even be more powerful than they are now, just please god not perfectly locking missiles that hit me across the map because 1 locust can see my mech from 900M, allowing 11 other players to shoot their skilless LRMS that require nothing on their part except hovering their mouse over a red box 10 times the size of the mech. Let LRMS be changed powerful as you want wreck me I don't care, I just want long range artillery weapons to be about how good the person is at shooting them, not how coverless the map is, or how little ecm we have. I want the gameplay skill gap between a bad and good lurmer to be massive. I want to be "HOW IS HE THAT ACCURATE WITH HIS MISSILES, EVASIVE MANEUVERS!!!, not: "oh a raven must be looking at me, guess its time to hide away until the lock is gone"

And really I only have trouble with lrms on extremely slow or especially very tall mechs. its just plain better for everyone to have more skill based weapons, than this hell we have now of lrms being either extremely OP in open ground against uncoordinated teams, or a bane to your own team if its an urban map with fair cover.

Streaks can be made into TOW missiles, so smaller lights maybe don't get instagibbed by streakcrows. That would also bring skill to the game, guiding all the missiles onto one component, and it would make the ultralight pilots happy. A shotgun of randomly guided missiles is just weird game design, but at least streaks are fair to fight, they don't go over any cover that isn't 50 feet tall, and people that you can't see can't hit you with them.

Edited by TwentyOne, 07 April 2016 - 03:36 PM.

#22 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:34 PM

View PostPhar Ming Yu, on 07 April 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

Has been a pathetic barrage of LRM boats and the slowest common denominator player they were designed for.
I realize that the short-bus kids had to have something to play but the LRM fest is making this game almost unplayable.
Certainly not spending another dime on this game until some balance is restored.

Op just need to play more you get used to stuff after awhile

When I first got hit by LRMs I would get mad and say I am here for Mech on Mech combat

But after loading AMS and realizing its part of the game they became no big deal

I will even load up a Mech and make an LRM boat to try it, then I realize how bad they work and go take the LRMs back off again (same with almost all weapons lol)

OP you just have to get AMS and or radar depredation module and keep playing
They will be back on the nerf wagon soon

Edited by Davegt27, 07 April 2016 - 03:35 PM.

#23 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:36 PM

I know your point, that locking weapons do not belong in Mech games... I just don't agree because your idea has no foundation. You can't say that removing lock weapons will drive the skill requirement up because locking weapons can still require skill to use. You are totally throwing the baby out with the bath water.

#24 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 07 April 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

People who use LRMs aren't required to use skill.
Not required to use skill; but they're not going to accomplish anything at all against players with even mediocre ability if they don't have any.

Much like any other weapon: You don't need skill to kill people with lasers; any halfwit can point and click. But to hit what you need to hit (and to know what you need to hit), to hold your beam on that component, that's different.

LRM's aren't special. If they're being used by someone with no skill, then they're utterly harmless unless....

People who complain about dying from LRMs have no skill.

Even moreso than other weapons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users