Hot-Fix Scheduled For 04-21-2016

101 replies to this topic

#21 Ibrandul Mike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:01 AM

The dropdecks only seemed to revert, when my tonnage went over the limit (changing an Oxide for a Cicada to test it ... well yeah ... 10 tons seem to matter :P ). Seemd like a great feature at that time ... *g*
To be honest ... thanks for the hotfix! Sounds good!

And my dear Ghost Bear friend ... get a boarder with the IS and you can attack them ... so slay your way to your brethren and then enjoy your war :)

#22 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:52 AM

I has another question, faction LP reset, didnt appear to happen as im still level 16 wolf and the patch notes said they would be reset.

#23 Creepus

• Pip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 18 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:58 AM

Long-Tom nooooo, it was so fun to play with this massive damage. Every shot with 3-4 dead mechs and every 3rd shot with 3 dead allies :D

#24 Ionna Silver

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:59 AM

Would rather they make the LONG TOM drop less often/every 5 min than nerf it to free arties. (Hope it still does consequential damage.)

#25 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:57 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 21 April 2016 - 12:52 AM, said:

I has another question, faction LP reset, didnt appear to happen as im still level 16 wolf and the patch notes said they would be reset.

Quote me please where the patch-notes say, that faction LP will be reset. I read the whole patch-notes, only searching and hoping they will NOT be reset. So I am pretty sure it was not in the patch notes.

#26 Nunatak73

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGWN

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:24 AM

Give PGI time to make small adjustments via hotfixes.
Nothing is worse than knee jerk overkill reactions.

Besides...if one faction is putting in the time and effort to scout the HELL out of a planet,
it should give them a significant tactical advantage. If you don't want to face the LongTom,
do your scouting pre-invasion work. ;)

#27 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:33 AM

Oh and we added multiple game modes like stop the train, take the space base, defend the bridge, assault the data center.

We added in points for taking out generators and turrets so there is no reason just to focus on the enemy mech to inflate your damage and c-bill take while allowing your buddies to be torn apart

We added a lobby system so you could pick a planet, a game style, invite your buddies and challenge other units......

Wait. What was I smoking, excuse me while I go stand in the que line for 10 minutes so we can ghost drop.

#28 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:08 AM

Maybe I am the only person that this happened to the other day?

But on Tuesday, I was looking at the total score screen and I was not receiving my double XP for the first victory of the day. Yet when I went to select mech screen, my 2x was gone off that mech. Can someone else either confirm or deny that it is happening for them too???

#29 Wibbledtodeath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:19 AM

all good changes. Keep it coming

Lovin the 4v4. Even good voice overs.

But longtom needs to be 1-2/match and selectable by a team member, rather than regular. Then its (very) useful but not silly.

Reduce the buckets (they are a nice idea, just don't have population to support them).

Aaaand can we eliminate "ghost" drops. Nothing like waiting in line to do nothing much. Can't be so hard to split the 1 team that did turn up for invasion into 2x6 player teams and let them have a 6v6 on same map/mission(even though their side all get the CW victory). Call it "betrayal" or "training drill"- whatever (I don't care) but till AI come on board at least let us have some gameplay (cant really be harder to code than giving us boxes to attack can it? The pointlessness of which is a little insulting frankly). Alternately if you can put some more coding effort in, make ghost drops free for all, or 3 way 4 man lance fights etc. new game modes are good.

Many thanks PGI

Edited by Wibbledtodeath, 21 April 2016 - 04:24 AM.

#30 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:20 AM

View PostWibbledtodeath, on 21 April 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

But longtom needs to be 1-2/match and selectable by a team member, rather than regular. Then its (very) useful but not silly.

Aaaand can we eliminate "ghost" drops. Nothing like waiting in line to do nothing much.

As far as I get this Freelancers joining after call to arms should have eliminated ghost drops for solo que. But since there are no real incentive for them to do so it is unlikely. Would have been nice to add a freelancer career with some decent rewards.

Never faced Long Tom yet, but from what i saw at Kanajashi's video it's a gamebreaker. Will take some time to balance it (headshots, damage, time between shots, etc.).

#31 Want0n

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:41 AM

Quick question on the new rewards for intel. Firstly I think its great this is going in. But, will the reward apply only to those who complete the download on the intel point? Will you get the reward even if you lose on gather intel mode? Does the whole team get the reward? My only concern is that if you only get it for the actual download, you will see people dropping in the fastest mechs they can find and scattering all over to chase the easy bills, making teamwork that bit harder in the solo queues especially...

#32 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:45 AM

Hey good on you for fixing the game breaking issues. Since no one has been crying about OP PPCs and LBX yet will you consider further improvements to either? The LBX still needs love.

#33 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:25 AM

Could you move up the voice notification for the Long Tom a bit? It may help cut down on the friendly kills.
When you are in the middle of the fighting you may not notice the little progress bar at the top right until it is too late...and the current voice warning happens moments before the hit.

Other than that it was fun. A bigger mushroom cloud and louder explosion noise would be cool too.

Scouting hasn't been overly fun for me, yet. Only won one so far.
Coordination and proper load-out is much more important than the usual games.
A separate drop deck for it would be nice too.
Understanding of the objectives of the mode seems to be a bit lacking so far.
In the matches I've played guys have been charging into 1 on 2+ by themselves and dying. Or we'll be together and when we find the enemy everyone takes off, even if it's one enemy....in defense mode when we need to be killing them.

It also takes more skill than usual to play Scout.
I'm a light guy, but I prefer light on heavy or assault. Mediums and other lights are more difficult due to their speed and mobility (jump jets, cornering, torso-twisting, lag shields, etc.) And going up against groups of them is challenging, especially when you have no backup, and no focused fire.

Oops...didn't mean to go off on a rant.Posted Image

#34 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:29 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 April 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

April road map Russ said they could have released Phase 3 in the march patch.... gee...methinks they SHOULD have...then we'd be a month past fixing all the bugs/flaws we all found in the first 12 hours of actually playing it. And we wouldn't have lost another 20% in steam players.

ROTFL then what the F did they do for the next month until they patched it in?

#35 aaykeem

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:18 AM

Appreciate the quick move on the hotfix. There's a few more annoying bugs with the CW lobby however, especially when a part of a group:

- clicking through available planets to attack/defend, with Invasion selected, sometimes randomly displays a tonnage limit of 240 instead of 250 (IS); I also saw this happen when locked in the lobby waiting for the enemy, but only once in ~10 matches.
- if you're in the Faction Play screen with a planet selected and the Scout deck displayed, and your group leader drops on another planet in Invasion, you will see the Scout drop deck and be unable to edit your Invasion drop deck - not 100% sure if it happens every time, it only happened once to me last night and it is very annoying, because editing the drop deck before the match is vital.
- a bug that was happening before the patch as well, but that morphed somewhat: if you accept an invite to a CW group right after logging on, you cannot ready up before you go to the Faction Play screen and select a planet and (possibly) edit your drop deck.
- planet turning animation when locked in the lobby waiting for a match is glitched.

#36 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:39 AM

The shared dropdeck is a trash. We should have 2 decks separated.

#37 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:42 AM

View PostNight Fury76, on 20 April 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

Lol, silly man that's what we are, see the beta ta... oh wait that ship has sailed

I guessing that neither of you work in software design? You almost never get any new content released into a large enviornment that works 100% You can have the team that developed the original package and its concept miss things in testing that 1000 monkies can find when they pound on their keyboard in a manner that the developers never thought of.

#38 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:56 AM

View PostQuintus Verus, on 21 April 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:

I guessing that neither of you work in software design? You almost never get any new content released into a large enviornment that works 100% You can have the team that developed the original package and its concept miss things in testing that 1000 monkies can find when they pound on their keyboard in a manner that the developers never thought of.

I have to agree. Testing is a huge PITA, especially for more complex code.
PGI isn't the biggest shop, and they do a dam good job, all things considered.

Meh...nothing is ever perfect. Besides, sometimes the glitches are fun.

Thanks again to Theb33f for the video.

Edited by ThatGuy539, 21 April 2016 - 09:44 AM.

#39 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:41 AM

View PostIonna Silver, on 21 April 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

Would rather they make the LONG TOM drop less often/every 5 min than nerf it to free arties. (Hope it still does consequential damage.)

They could make damage 1/7, and it would still have a 200M Instant Kill Zone (with some oddities), theoretically.
As long as it deals that 33 damage, it will blow your face out.

#40 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:21 AM

Just did a ghost scout drop... got ZERO loyalty/reputation points for the win since zero damage was inflicted because we never encountered an enemy at all. We managed 18 data points on polar highlands. Is this going to be corrected as part of the hot fix? There should be automatic rep points as well for just doing the data collecting properly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users