1 Email Multiple Profiles?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Sorker

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:24 AM

I'm not quite sure if this belongs here but I have a question.

I've last played MWO about 1 year ago and that with my dad. His Profile Name is POWERSHOWER. After 1 year or so, we decided to play again but all we found was that he had an empty profile. None of his purchases showed up and only trial mechs available. Now we thought that might have been due to the fact his old Laptop wouldn't start up (the one he last played MWO on 1year ago). Now on his new Laptop, he logged in with the same E-Mail address and so on. What was strange was, that he had to enter a Pilot name again. So he made one called SAFTDRAFT. Now this Profile has no purchases whatsoever while his POWERSHOWER Profile has mechs worth aprox. 100 bucks. Anyone know how we could retrieve his purchases?

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:55 AM

The game profile is server-side, and that tied to the email address linked to it. The email address for each profile can be changed, last long as that email address is not being used by another account/profile.

Any purchases he previously made last year, he would have received an email for. He would need to double check what email (exact spelling) he was actually using for the game.

You can check your profile on the website. It will show stats and available mechs, etc.

Again, double check the emails received last year, as the game is setup for only one email address is linked to only one account.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 30 April 2016 - 11:58 AM.

#3 Sorker

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:52 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 30 April 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

The game profile is server-side, and that tied to the email address linked to it. The email address for each profile can be changed, last long as that email address is not being used by another account/profile.

Any purchases he previously made last year, he would have received an email for. He would need to double check what email (exact spelling) he was actually using for the game.

You can check your profile on the website. It will show stats and available mechs, etc.

Again, double check the emails received last year, as the game is setup for only one email address is linked to only one account.

Thank you very much Tarl, we will take a look at it as soon as we can. I will give a sitrep how things are going.
Much appreciated Posted Image

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:32 PM

And just to clarify, I just attempted to create a new profile using the same email address and it would not allow me to do so, as it came back saying that email address is already in use.

As I have more than one email address across more than one service, I had previously set the others up to forward emails to my primarily one and filter it off into its own folder. But now I use an email program to check the emails. There is Mailbird, Windows Live Mail, Zimbra, Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Opera Mail, etc.

#5 Sorker

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:50 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 30 April 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

And just to clarify, I just attempted to create a new profile using the same email address and it would not allow me to do so, as it came back saying that email address is already in use.

As I have more than one email address across more than one service, I had previously set the others up to forward emails to my primarily one and filter it off into its own folder. But now I use an email program to check the emails. There is Mailbird, Windows Live Mail, Zimbra, Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Opera Mail, etc.

So we've figured it out. We just forgot about the other e-mail we had for Powershower :) wrote a mail to support, they told us the e-mail and now we're good to go again. but thanks anyway Tarl!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users