#1 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:03 PM

Posted Image

Shoot at the red and purple highlighted ares.

#2 AdrenaHawk

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:06 PM

1. Aim for crotch.
2. Vigorously apply force.
3. Enjoy crotch explosion.

#3 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:55 PM

View PostAdrenaHawk, on 02 May 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

1. Aim for crotch.

It doesn't get simpler than this. The legs are huge and I hear some players even strip armor from there for more heatsinks.......Posted Image

#4 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:04 PM

You need to use language the community understands:

How to kill a Stormcrow:
1. Whine in the forums
2. Demand nerfs on all clan mechs
3. Demand Quirks on all IS mechs
4. Demand Streak 4's and 6's for IS (because that's the Stormcrows kryptonite - STREAKS!)
5. Continue to whine on the forums until Stormcrows are more fragile than Locusts and slower than Dire's
6. Find out new "OP" clan mech and goto 1

#5 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 695 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:27 PM

Step 1: did the skillcrow see you first? If yes you die.

#6 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

It is too much for some people to be able to hit the red and purple. Much less to be able to remember the one thing they are suppose to do when they see a Crow. Surats just get task saturated. For some people moving the mech and hitting what they are aiming at is too much. I know, because I see you play.

#7 Queen of England

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:57 PM

I'd shorten that to just shooting the red. That CT is skinny; those hips are huge.

#8 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:18 PM

The joint where their leg attaches to the torso is really easy to hit especially from the side. It's on a swivel so it doesn't actually move. There's even a little circle to shoot at!!!

#9 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:30 PM

Step 1: stop expecting 35 tonners to beat a 55 tonner.
Step 2: use a 4sp with a standard engine, medium lasers and Srm 6s or a centurion ah. Shadowhawk 2d2 and griffins work as well with lots of SRMs.
Step 3: aim for legs.

MS was IS for a week and clan for a week. My win loss ratio went down as clan trying to make storm crows work against those mechs piloted by good players. I played 17 games and won all of them straight as is and now my win loss isn't nearly the same. It's the ice ferret you gotta watch out for now.

#10 fbj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:36 PM

I like legs. So I just shoot legs.

#11 Suldanessala

• PipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:56 PM

Its all about legs and teamplay (focusfire).

#12 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:32 PM

How to kill a Stormcrow:
1. Whine in the forums
2. Demand nerfs on all clan mechs
3. Demand Quirks on all IS mechs
4. Demand Streak 4's and 6's for IS (because that's the Stormcrows kryptonite - STREAKS!)
5. Continue to whine on the forums until Stormcrows are more fragile than Locusts and slower than Dire's
6. Find out new "OP" clan mech and goto 1

Hmm - just wondering. If the Skillcrow is so easy to kill and taking Russ words is mediocre and substandard compared to overquirked IS mediums, why is it that in almost every scout or invasion faction play clanners load them up with C-SSRM6 and/or SPL.

And why, when even the C-SSRMs produce sooo much heat, and have such a looong cooldown time so that a Splatgriffin can take them down easily, I see them everywhere: invasion mode, scout mode, very competetive teams (MS, KCOM, 228), european teams, american teams, very good pilots, bad pilots. I mean is it kind of masochistic piloting such a suboptimal weapon system while singing the song of L2P, L2P, L2P???

Just wondering ...

#13 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:36 PM

I cannot not post this! :D

#14 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:44 PM

Legs. Legs. Legs. Focus fire. More !#%;56 Legs.

#15 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:57 PM

Posted Image

#16 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:41 AM

Honestly Russ can go ahead and take them Posted Image Storm Crows have huge legs, and they're too easily hit. Anyone competent in a Griffin, Cent, Hunchie, Shadowhawk, is going to win in a brawl, and a BJ 1X is just plain better at the skirmisher role. Crows aren't that good anymore.

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 02 May 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

And why, when even the C-SSRMs produce sooo much heat, and have such a looong cooldown time so that a Splatgriffin can take them down easily, I see them everywhere: invasion mode, scout mode, very competetive teams (MS, KCOM, 228), european teams, american teams, very good pilots, bad pilots. I mean is it kind of masochistic piloting such a suboptimal weapon system while singing the song of L2P, L2P, L2P???

Just wondering ...

The only thing that makes Storm Crows good picks in Scouting is their ability to blow down Oxides, which can tear up pretty much every other Clan mech under 60 tons (and only because at 60 tons we can use a 6 SSRM6 Maddog to do it instead). Literally. That's it. For anything else, a Nova is going to be more useful. And you know what? if I can't use a Storm Crow for the job, I'm just gonna slap 4 SSRM-6s on a Hunchback, because it'll still get the job done and Oxides are easily more OP than Crows right now,

SSRM-6s are OP, and have needed addressing for a long time. They're also just a no brain way to score high damage numbers (i.e. cbizzles), and will be popular since they don't take much skill to use. Naturally, one will be nerfed before the other, assuming either are nerfed, and PGI doesn't side track off to decide "let's give the Summoner some more heat gen quirks, that'll make it good right? (no)" Posted Image

Edited by Lord0fHats, 03 May 2016 - 01:43 AM.

#17 Kyria Clearwater

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:46 AM

Hmm - just wondering. If the Skillcrow is so easy to kill and taking Russ words is mediocre and substandard compared to overquirked IS mediums, why is it that in almost every scout or invasion faction play clanners load them up with C-SSRM6 and/or SPL.

Just wondering ...

SPL, MPL and SRM are the king of the scout mode weaponry, the firefights are back to in close brawling.

The reason that clans bring SSRMs is for the simple reason in that they are effective at taking out very fast lightly armored light mechs with reliability. Against Mediums the damage spread means yes lots of damage but not good at killing them.

Where as small pulse/medium pulse provides short burst pin point damage. SRMs give you good damage but a wider spread of impact.

Having run both clan and IS chassis the SSRM crow doesn't bother me. Energy build novas and jenners I find are better.

Right now... IS has Centurions, Blackjacks, Kintaros, Griffin's, Shadow hawks and wolverines which will happily compete. And most of them can run faster and with good build philosophy out damage clan mechs.

For lights Jenners, Firestarters (especially twin ams), raven-3L are solid options. A locust can be used if the pilot is grabbing Intel and

On the whole as a game mode scouting is pretty balanced mech and weapon wise. However strategy really comes into play. If your gathering and going light, separate and squirrel the enemy away from your team. (Hence the SSRM crows) and avoid fighting. Get Intel and get out.

If you are defending go heavier, and hunt aggressively. If you are trying to defend with more than 1 light you are generally doing it wrong.

There are some exceptions ... polar highlands defense, the map is big and locusts and jenners will laugh at you as they use the free range to get away. Here you can use small pulse/SRM equipped jenners, artic cheaters, Firestarters.

The biggest thing is that You need to focus targets and work as a team if you are brawling. However NEITHER side is OP or unbalanced.

#18 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:49 AM

View PostAdrenaHawk, on 02 May 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

1. Aim for crotch.

Hillarous and somewhat useful advice, I like it!

#19 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:18 AM

Just wondering ...

Cause they are easy to pilot and they can do a lot of damage but they are also easy to kill. Same reason that there are so many LRMs in the lower tiers. Point, lock, fire, drink a shot.

#20 H I A S

• 4,971 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:19 AM

Just wondering ...

l2p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users