147 replies to this topic

#21 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:53 PM

Yeebus. Such salt.

Must really burn all the COmmodity Warfare folks' bacon that average solo Joes can go into Scout mode and actually have fun in CW, eh? In a way which is meaningful and impactful on the overall fight for the planet.

I oughta get home and actually see about this whole thing. Normally I avoid CW like a plague zone because the people you tend to find in it are putrid towards anyone without a unit tag, but it sounds like I can really jack those guys up with some recon action. Might be fun to imagine all the delicious tears flowing when bombs from the sky remind you that solos exist, and they now have a means of enacting their vengeance upon CW.

#22 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 02 May 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

lol I know. People have been asking for that for...like, since ever? But PGI had to poorly implement the Cheese Tom in order to get the point.

Our opinions really don't matter. PGI's doing their own thing.

#23 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:00 PM

#24 Mad Cat4uk

Rookie

• Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:00 PM

I have a question, Why is scouting set to 55tons, wouldnt it be less than that for quick drop off and recovery? The clans are loosing out due to lack of good mechs at that tonnage and with no way to over-power 3 centurions with AC20s. I like the long tom but want to know when we will be getting more weapons like the Light C-guass Rifle and MRMs and the chance to fit the long tom to a mech?

#25 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:03 PM

I don't think you do. You responded to a post telling you that the random headshot code was being removed from all explosive weapons - including strikes - by saying that you thought that the random headshot code should be removed from all explosive weapons, including strikes!

Fix yourself before you accuse other people of not listening - besides, listening to you doesn't mean they have to agree.

#26 William Hamblin

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:21 PM

Cool, now to fix the Dropscreen freezes that mandate multiple rejoins for single invasion matches.

And to change Long Toms name to "Orbital Bombardment" for accuracy's sake.

Oh, we might as well totally scrap Scouting mode - or at least find a way to let IS people take heavies vs stormcrows.

Didn't this game originally come bundled with a promise to be like every other Mechwarrior game to date and include a single player campaign - or was I hallucinating when I saw that years ago.

Just wondering where those hundreds of dollars went - if it was for cool VIP "Private Dancer" parties, that's cool - just put some pics up for proof eh?

#27 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:26 PM

View Post1453 R, on 02 May 2016 - 03:53 PM, said:

Yeebus. Such salt.

Must really burn all the COmmodity Warfare folks' bacon that average solo Joes can go into Scout mode and actually have fun in CW, eh? In a way which is meaningful and impactful on the overall fight for the planet.

I oughta get home and actually see about this whole thing. Normally I avoid CW like a plague zone because the people you tend to find in it are putrid towards anyone without a unit tag, but it sounds like I can really jack those guys up with some recon action. Might be fun to imagine all the delicious tears flowing when bombs from the sky remind you that solos exist, and they now have a means of enacting their vengeance upon CW.

Laser, the complaint here isn't small groups affecting CW. It's that the 700-damage of the long tom was excessive. Nobody really cares if small groups have fun or an impact - because after all, big units can do 4-mans, too.

#28 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:32 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 02 May 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

Laser, the complaint here isn't small groups affecting CW. It's that the 700-damage of the long tom was excessive. Nobody really cares if small groups have fun or an impact - because after all, big units can do 4-mans, too.

Which is cool. But all the calls to remove the Long Tom entirely are ridiculous. If you let the enemy team acquire a 90% intelligence advantage, you damn well should pay for it. Long Toms instanoob-obliterating everything in a 300m radius is excessive, yes. Long Toms dealing significant, quite probably debilitating damage to targets in its radius? Acceptable. If you get caught by an artillery blast - a real artillery blast, not that worthless popgun consumable - you should feel it right on down to your toes.

And yes, big groups can set up 4-man scouting teams. But their impact isn't felt as keenly, and frankly one guy can do his damnedest to carry a 4-man easier than he can carry a 12-man. The unit folks are so overwhelmingly, utterly, invincibly toxic to anyone without a unit tag that it does indeed drive people out of the mode, despite the CW folks screaming so desperately for more players.

Watching them all rage on and on and on about Scouting and how those dirty filthy nublets without tags can actually engage in Commodity Warfare in something resembling a meaningful manner is just sorta hilarious. Maybe if the vast majority of these folks weren't galloping doucheknuckles, it would've have come down to this?

#29 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:39 PM

Oh sure they are - as are the tools trying to hijack the thread to talk about wanting a single-player game, or whatnot else. Just don't feed the trolls.

I'm one of the unit folks, by the way. Don't put too much stock in loud people you hear on the internet. They yell so loudly because they're unimportant.

Edited by Void Angel, 02 May 2016 - 04:47 PM.

#30 Quaamik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:11 PM

The scout mode is good, it should give advantages, but the Long Tom? Get rid of it.

We don't need, and aside from the devs and a few players who were already bored with the game no one wanted anything like this. They wanted some form of Long Tom artillery that was mech mountable and used against a single mech, or a very close grouping of them. Not a computer targeted death blossom that kills everything near the target point.

Give something that preserves the core game. Once you reach the level where you would get the Long Tom, give continuous sensor coverage. Give fighters that interfere with (read - DELAY) the opponents drop ships. Give repair / rearm bays near the drop points. Give added turrets in front of the gates for defenders, and airstrike a random gate (or all of them) at the start of the match for attackers.

Anything but this.

#31 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

View PostQuaamik, on 02 May 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

The scout mode is good, it should give advantages, but the Long Tom? Get rid of it.

We don't need, and aside from the devs and a few players who were already bored with the game no one wanted anything like this. They wanted some form of Long Tom artillery that was mech mountable and used against a single mech, or a very close grouping of them. Not a computer targeted death blossom that kills everything near the target point.

Give something that preserves the core game. Once you reach the level where you would get the Long Tom, give continuous sensor coverage. Give fighters that interfere with (read - DELAY) the opponents drop ships. Give repair / rearm bays near the drop points. Give added turrets in front of the gates for defenders, and airstrike a random gate (or all of them) at the start of the match for attackers.

Anything but this.

Here's the thing - in what way does any of that crap relate to "SCOUTING" Mode?

The point of the Scouting mode is to acquire intelligence on the disposition of enemy forces, or to interfere with the enemy's attempts to do the same to you. If you need your scouts to find where you put your repair/rearm bays...well, I imagine someone will be talking to your quartermaster shortly about his nonexistent paperwork. Scout mode adding magical turrets that didn't exist prior to learning where the enemy was makes negative sense. Calling in aerofighters to assault enemy dropships for...no actual benefit? Makes sense, but "DELAYED" DropShips do jack-all nothing for a match so it doesn't make gameplay sense. Scout mode offering your team enough information on enemy positions to fire up the big guns? That makes both gameplay sense and sense-sense.

If you don't like it, you may have to actually stop telling all solo/small-group/non-giant-army players to GTFO of Commodity Warfare forever and actually help with scouting. Because seriously - if you're losing the information fight so badly as to be getting Tom'd, then you deserve to be at a serious disadvantage. Otherwise Scout mode would be as worthless as...ahh.

As worthless as you want it to be, I suppose.

#32 Haji1096

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 339 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

How about taking it out of the ******* game completely ?

#33 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:03 PM

Honestly you head shed freaks Just spend a ******* day play CW yourselves ... thats it ... its your ******* game ... play it

#34 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:23 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 02 May 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

I am wondering how much playtesting went into phase 3 seeing now how PGI is backtracking step by step a mechanism that caused and causes major grief in the player community. Especially after PGI president Mr. Bullock repeatedly stating how much work has gone into Phase 3 and how PGI was busy with it for months.

To me it seems as if PGI really just got it together then didn't bother with it anymore. All we got was a polished UI for Faction Play which didn't even work correctly and took 2 patches to fix, then we got a scouting mode which absolutely sucks, followed by the Long Dong.

I don't know what PGI is doing, but at this rate I will not be giving anymore cash to PGI. I've played since the beginning and i'm all for full support by buying things such as MC or Mech packs but at this point why should I? Sure they have been nice and made the events which give out free stuff, but how about actually improving the game? For years it was just regular quick plays on like the same 4 or 5 maps, now they added a couple more but they pretty much suck...

Then CW came out which was great at first!!! Then all the promises they made took forever, were broken or never fulfilled along with a new half-assed game mode. And yet Russ I feel is on some high horse not willing to just say "Hey we ****** up, we will listen to the community now".... I feel like PGI's heart isn't in this game anymore and it is truly sad because if they did a better job they would notice a larger player base... The other MechWarriors wouldn't have had sequels if nobody played it. There is a huge untapped market and PGI won't realize it and see good profits until they fix the game... Plus the terrible game engine that gives more than half of us stinky FPS.

#35 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:34 PM

Tbh I never had a big problem with Long Tom. Noone forces you to play against it. Just don't drop on a Planet where it's online or if it comes online during a match suicide or disconnect. Problem solved.

#36 CwStrife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:07 PM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 02 May 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

Tbh I never had a big problem with Long Tom. Noone forces you to play against it. Just don't drop on a Planet where it's online or if it comes online during a match suicide or disconnect. Problem solved.

What about last night when every planet had Long Dong active?

#37 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:09 PM

View PostCwStrife, on 02 May 2016 - 07:07 PM, said:

What about last night when every planet had Long Dong active?

Go to quick play, wait for the next ceasefire, let the Clammers ghost drop, spend some quality time with friends or family, whatever.

#38 Spiketheaardvark

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:10 PM

This was the exact same problem they had with art' and air strikes when they first came. One of the shells would hit your head for insta' death.

Come to think about it the game has had running issues with how splash damage is dealt since the beginning. I think they just gave up on missiles and removed it all together.

We've been here before, and apparently no one learned the lesson. That is what is most frustrating.

#39 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

How about we get rid of all that Inasion 12v12 business? Just scout till 1 side reaches 90% and then flip the Planet.

Problem solved again.

I'm getting good at this me thinks...

#40 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:26 PM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 02 May 2016 - 07:15 PM, said:

How about we get rid of all that Inasion 12v12 business? Just scout till 1 side reaches 90% and then flip the Planet.

Problem solved again.

I'm getting good at this me thinks...

Nope

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users