10 replies to this topic

#1 Veev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts
  • LocationWhere ever I am

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:44 AM

5 intel collected, win, a match score of 36 in scouting....

"Scouting Victories, each with a Match Score of at least 80"

Kind of does not make sense. Thanks again PGI for being stupid on the reward system.

Might as well remove the intel and make it a Skirmish mode...

#2 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:32 AM

+1

#3 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:03 AM

you have more than a week to win this, get your match score on protect rounds

#4 Mystek

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTending the homestead on Thule

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:17 PM

This goes back to what others have said about scoring in the scouting missions. In a perfect scouting run, the enemy would never obtain contact and you would get away with no shots fired and several Intel points collected. Therefore, match scoring should have more accurately reflected this, but clearly did not. While the higher match score eliminates people AFK farming the event, it is also forcing combat to obtain a match score worthy of rewards despite winning the drop. Forcing people to only count defending Intel match wins towards the event is awkward at best.

#5 Paradox42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:32 AM

Easy, brawl and kill everything until you got the all the 80 matchpoint games you need, and then when u just need intel...jump into a fast light, ignore everything but getting intel. You might loose the scouting mission, but this gets you intel fast. Easy grinding.

Oh, and yes...this is stupid, but it is the fastest way to get the rewards. #thankyoupgi

#6 Rodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:16 AM

View PostParadox42, on 04 May 2016 - 01:32 AM, said:

Easy, brawl and kill everything until you got the all the 80 matchpoint games you need, and then when u just need intel...jump into a fast light, ignore everything but getting intel. You might loose the scouting mission, but this gets you intel fast. Easy grinding.

Oh, and yes...this is stupid, but it is the fastest way to get the rewards. #thankyoupgi

Technically, yes. But intel shouldnt count if you lose plus the amount of intel needed compared to the other goals is just too high. People throw matches to collect a few more intel and other antisocial stuff. This part of the event actually promotes selfishness instead of teamwork just to get it done.

I can even understand them, 180 intel compared to the other goals is just over the top and takes too long. 90-100 would have been ok.

#7 Cold Darkness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:30 AM

i disagree, hardest goal is 60 assists. they should make it "assists or kills" instead, that way, you wouldnt need to risk losing the game just to get those stupid assists.

#8 Refa

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:46 AM

View PostCold Darkness, on 06 May 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

i disagree, hardest goal is 60 assists. they should make it "assists or kills" instead, that way, you wouldnt need to risk losing the game just to get those stupid assists.

What?
Did you literally just say "It's too hard to tag 60 different opponents with any shot from my weapon"?
Is this sarcasm, and I'm missing it?

#9 Veev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts
  • LocationWhere ever I am

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:51 PM

It is the stupidity of the scoring system. This is an engagement situation where the best results are if you never get seen. If you have to fight as the scouts seeking Intel you have messed up. Wish PGI would fix the scoring attitude.

#10 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:18 AM

Are you serious? because I can not imagine that this part is in any way difficult unless you are using an aimbot which kills everything you shoot at. Are you really that godlike a player that every singel mech you shoot is also killed by you? You get the Deathstar achievement multiple times a day on a regular basis?

Edit... nope... cant be, you are sporting a Davion emblem in your avatar :P .

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 12 May 2016 - 03:19 AM.

#11 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:28 AM

60 assists seemed high to me at first, but it works out to 1 assist per match, if we're using 60 matches as the baseline.

In the actual application of scouting mode (rather than an idealized conceptualization where we're not playing a variation of robot deathmatch), an average of 1 assist per match is pretty reasonable.

180 intel, on the other hand, promotes running off alone to cap and leaving the rest of the lance a man down if or when the enemy finds them and engages. Or getting yourself killed alone and leaving your team down a mech. Either way.

The goals don't match conceptually. They pull in opposite directions, cap or fight, without really allowing for both.

180 is an average of 3 intel in every one of those 60 baseline matches. 20 beacons and 8 mechs works out to an average of 2.5 per mech that's even available to begin with, which would be 150 intel in 60 matches.

Not all of that 20 intel will be collected in every match though, especially if the defenders are on their game, but also in a couple other scenarios.

So I'd say an average of 2 intel per match is much more realistic and achievable, while still requiring a grind to do it. That works out to 120 intel. Way more reasonable, whether you're a cap artist or a face-puncher.

Edited by Virlutris, 12 May 2016 - 10:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users