31 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

Keeping a tidy thread makes it easier to read through them if they have over 100 posts. Review code of conduct.

Thanks!

Edited by Delta 62, 09 May 2016 - 01:54 AM.
Moderator Strikethrough: Please follow proper report procedures. Thanks.

#2 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:48 PM

View PostGigliowanananacom, on 03 May 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

Keeping a tidy thread makes it easier to read through them if they have over 100 posts. Review code of conduct.

Thanks!

False... from personal experience of being told to do such most of the offending posts are still there including some people's signatures that are in clear violation of the COC, but that is none of my business. In fact I was told that it became too much work.Posted Image

Are sure you're not RussPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Scout Derek, 04 May 2016 - 12:25 PM.
Removal of Quote that violates the CoC

#3 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:49 PM

Thanks!

You got beat up a lot in school didn't you Posted Image

Edited by Scout Derek, 04 May 2016 - 12:26 PM.
Removal of quote that violates the CoC

#4 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:52 PM

View PostImperius, on 03 May 2016 - 05:48 PM, said:

False... from personal experience of being told to do such most of the offending posts are still there including some people's signatures that are in clear violation of the COC, but that is none of my business. In fact I was told that it became too much work.Posted Image

Are sure you're not RussPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I still think she's an alt account for Tina... unless... does Lauren drop often? How deep does the rabbit hole go?!

#5 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:54 PM

No no, I mean the posts where people are just babbling about nothing to do with your thread.

I.E. A thread about "How Do I Adjust My Field of View."

Poster's response - "did you check to see if your computer was plugged in?"

View PostTyler Valentine, on 03 May 2016 - 05:49 PM, said:

You got beat up a lot in school didn't you Posted Image

Nah... well maybe,

But right now I'm trying to read through a lot of threads, and some of them are full of bull **** responses.

#6 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:58 PM

View Postcazidin, on 03 May 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

I still think she's an alt account for Tina... unless... does Lauren drop often? How deep does the rabbit hole go?!

Bah you silly ******* (b-****, nothing offensive I think {apparently you cant say..... feces}), you missed this thread didn't you, Tina doesn't watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 03 May 2016 - 06:00 PM.

#7 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:59 PM

Choose first.
Posted Image

#8 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

View PostGigliowanananacom, on 03 May 2016 - 05:58 PM, said:

Bah you silly ******* (b-****, nothing offensive I think {apparently you cant say..... feces}), you missed this thread didn't you, Tina doesn't watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

How do we know that she doesn't? The only person who could know that... IS TINA! Dun dun dun!

View PostImperius, on 03 May 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Choose first.
Posted Image

Is the red pill cherry flavored?

#9 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:07 PM

View Postcazidin, on 03 May 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

How do we know that she doesn't? The only person who could know that... IS TINA! Dun dun dun!

Is the red pill cherry flavored?

Lol I got you fam ;) yes cherry flavored from the forest indeed... that said some people have mods as friends that's the rabbit hole...

#10 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image

#11 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:19 AM

It's not Tina. I played in a FW match with Tina and this guy was on the other team... UNLESS IT WAS A TRICK!!!
lol!

#12 TheCharlatan

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:38 AM

Thanks!

We can't herd PUGs, and you think you can herd this wretched hive of scum and villainy into order?
Good luck with that...
Oh, and BTW, you are no fun. Posted Image

Edited by Scout Derek, 04 May 2016 - 12:27 PM.
removal of quote that violated the CoC

#13 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:40 AM

Seriously though, you sound more wound up about these than the moderators.

#14 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostAfuldan McKronik, on 04 May 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

Seriously though, you sound more wound up about these than the moderators.

wound up?

I'm not going on a crusade against non-constructiveness, I'm giving a suggestion to OPs of threads.

Just a tip if you want to keep your thread clean, that's all. It gives people more incentive to read through the whole thing.

I dont care what the moderators are doing right now.

#15 John Wolf

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 347 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:57 AM

There are a lot of interesting threads that have 80+ comments, its hard to read through that many posts. Especially when some of the posts have nothing to do with anything.

If you want to keep your threads clean:

1. Put a "disclaimer?" in your OP (original post) that warns against leaving non-constructive comments.

2. When you come across a non-constructive post in your thread, send a private message to a forum moderator (whichever is online at the time). And they will remove it from your thread.

This also makes the moderators' job easier, as they spend their time looking for things like this, and you are pointing it out to them so they dont have to go hunting for these infractions.

PSA: No. Please do not.

If there are unconstructive or posts that you feel break the CoC, please follow the normal procedure in filing a forum report which will then be reviewed. I would leave the how to guides to the people who have designed the forum rules, though we appreciate your efforts to keep the forums clean.

John

#16 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:58 AM

View PostGigliowanananacom, on 04 May 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

wound up?

I'm not going on a crusade against non-constructiveness, I'm giving a suggestion to OPs of threads.

Just a tip if you want to keep your thread clean, that's all. It gives people more incentive to read through the whole thing.

I dont care what the moderators are doing right now.

But all you are doing is quoting the CoC without actually quoting it. It makes you look 1) like a wannabe mod 2) upset that other people have opinions 3) upset that other people on the internet get laughs at peoples expense, especially if they get worked up and upset.

Chill out. Its an internet forum. People on the internet can have opinions other than yours. Its the way the interwebz workz.

#17 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:04 AM

View PostAfuldan McKronik, on 04 May 2016 - 09:58 AM, said:

But all you are doing is quoting the CoC without actually quoting it. It makes you look 1) like a wannabe mod 2) upset that other people have opinions 3) upset that other people on the internet get laughs at peoples expense, especially if they get worked up and upset.

Chill out. Its an internet forum. People on the internet can have opinions other than yours. Its the way the interwebz workz.

Now you're looking for oportunities to troll and misconstrue posts, you can say im angry all you want, doesn't change anything brah.

Have a nice day!

View PostJohn Wolf, on 04 May 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

PSA: No. Please do not.

If there are unconstructive or posts that you feel break the CoC, please follow the normal procedure in filing a forum report which will then be reviewed. I would leave the how to guides to the people who have designed the forum rules, though we appreciate your efforts to keep the forums clean.

John

Process wasn't supposed to be the main point, probably should have simply left it with saying, " keeping a tidy thread gives incentive to read the whole thing, thanks!"

Idea for post was given after trying to read through threads that had over 100 posts

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 04 May 2016 - 10:06 AM.

#18 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:04 AM

View PostGigliowanananacom, on 04 May 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

Now you're looking for oportunities to troll and misconstrue posts, you can say im angry all you want, doesn't change anything brah.

Have a nice day!

Mmmhmm. Sure looks like your upset from the tone of the last few threads. But what do I know, troll that I am, trying to tell you that its in good fun, and not malicious.

#19 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:07 AM

View PostAfuldan McKronik, on 04 May 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

Mmmhmm. Sure looks like your upset from the tone of the last few threads. But what do I know, troll that I am, trying to tell you that its in good fun, and not malicious.

Oh you're back lol! Im eager to see your next post, typing it yet?

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 04 May 2016 - 10:08 AM.

#20 John Wolf

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 347 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:13 AM

View PostGigliowanananacom, on 04 May 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

Process wasn't supposed to be the main point, probably should have simply left it with saying, " keeping a tidy thread gives incentive to read the whole thing, thanks!"

Idea for post was given after trying to read through threads that had over 100 posts

None the less process was a part of your post. Your advice to keeping things tidy should have been applied to your OP. :) Encouraging users to PM moderators instead of following proper report procedures is poor form.

As to large threads, this is the internet, and a forum. You are free to read the most recent page if you don't want to read the entire thread, your time is yours.

As to the rest of the discussion here, don't feed the trolls. Like, the need to defend yourself that you're not Russ? I am 100% certain that nobody actually believes you are. I think you're safe.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users