Why Are We Only Attacking Smoke Jaguar?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

Is there some over arching strategy going on here? Mercstar Smoke Jaguar is attacking Kurita, Kurita is attacking Davion, why are we attacking smoke jaguar?

Wolf and Ghost Bear are banging away at us every attack wave already. We might as well take the last ghost bear planet, and carve up Wolf. If you're worried about bordering Jade Falcon, well it's too late for that.

I'm just a merc and we wont be here for long, but I'd like to help you guys gain planets. However it just seems like we're just throwing away progress for the sake of Kurita while they screw around attacking Davion.

Edited by Jman5, 05 May 2016 - 12:11 PM.

#2 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:33 PM

We have 24-60 people ghosting on just the Liao and Marik borders, Kurita is lucky to get some pugs iin scout queue.

MS doesn't do defense either.

Go kill Bears. They have nobody and nothing. Same with Wolves. Getting their teeth kicked in by space Vikings is the most attention anyone has ever given them.

#3 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:18 PM

I think its because we like the challenge of fighting the most aggressive Clanners and right now its Smoke Jaguar, since we can't attack Jade Falcon. But I could be wrong...

#4 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:12 PM

Better to fight where you are going to get a match.

#5 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

i have some weird problem where i like to drop with MS as a pug.

#6 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:01 AM

I mean it's your guys faction. However if I were you, I would try to pick up as many planets now as you can to make it more resilient. Nevermind the 6,480 MC in easy to capture planet rewards your units could be sucking up.

#7 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:09 AM

As of the past several months, the FRR has primarily been engaged in fighting the Ghost Bears, with the occasional Smoke Jaguars. That is a result of the 'Bears bordering our territory (and lately taking a heck of a lot of our Worlds, from what I have noticed), but the Falcons seem to be becoming a lot more aggressive against our territory of late, taking over the void the Jaguars left when they moved on to attack other Houses, but I have to say, it does not surprise me that the FRR is losing Worlds to the Falcons and 'Bears when most pilots only participate in defensive and invasion modes and ignore the scouting aspect of FP, which in my opinion, is much more important (although, yes, considerably more boring), helps to hinder the enemy combat ability in defense and invasion modes by effectively cancelling out the satellite identification system (allowing our enemies to know what each of our 'Mechs are as we drop) and stops them from using the orbital artillery cannon to waste a third of oir 'Mechs with each strike.
That being said, when you are considering going into play the FP modes next time you are on-line, help out your fellow FRR members and actively engage in the scouting mode first! We just may gain back some of our lost Worlds and win more battles against the Clans that way for when you do your attention to playing in the defense and invasion modes of FP.

#8 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:27 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 05 May 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

Go kill Bears. They have nobody and nothing. Same with Wolves. Getting their teeth kicked in by space Vikings is the most attention anyone has ever given them.

So your saying Kcom/228/mj12/D'C/EK is "nothing"?

#9 Slowth

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:04 PM

Clan Ghost Bear have decided your the easy targets, so they want a piece of YOU! As everyone know they won't drop against anything co-ordinated.

#GhostBearHunt16

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users