I Want An Even Mightier Ac/2

54 replies to this topic

Poll: AC/2s VS UAC/5 (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you currently prefer? Two AC/2s or One UAC/5?

1. Ultra AC/5 (33 votes [66.00%])

Percentage of vote: 66.00%

2. Two AC/2s (17 votes [34.00%])

Percentage of vote: 34.00%

Select the proposed buffs you agree with.

1. Higher velocity increase (13 votes [26.00%])

Percentage of vote: 26.00%

2. More Ammo per ton (20 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Less Heat (17 votes [34.00%])

Percentage of vote: 34.00%

Do you think the Ultra AC/5 Jam mechanic should change?

1. Yes (17 votes [48.57%])

Percentage of vote: 48.57%

2. No (18 votes [51.43%])

Percentage of vote: 51.43%

Would you like lasers to have increased duration?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (2 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 11:31 PM

first off ac2 modules across the entire line (and cac modules too). they really help make the lb2 great (my favorite in the 2 class right now), should apply to others.

second, more ammo/t across the board. look at what that did to the ac10. especially when you run a light and you have tonnage for the gun and if you can get 2t ammo in it thats great, but it usually runs out before the end of the mission. unless you want to scrap your backup lasers for another ton. this is probibly my most wanted tweak.

third, give the uac2 a different mechanic. make it continuous fire. 1 damage at 0.3 second intervals, small jam chance every round (except the first shot, immediately after jam, or after 0.6 seconds since the last shot), shorter jam duration. get rid of double tap. you will be doing my finger and my mouse a great service.

fourth, double the pellets in the lb2 to 4. 2 pellets looks stupid.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 May 2016 - 11:33 PM.

#42 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:18 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 May 2016 - 11:31 PM, said:

first off ac2 modules across the entire line (and cac modules too). they really help make the lb2 great (my favorite in the 2 class right now), should apply to others.

second, more ammo/t across the board. look at what that did to the ac10. especially when you run a light and you have tonnage for the gun and if you can get 2t ammo in it thats great, but it usually runs out before the end of the mission. unless you want to scrap your backup lasers for another ton. this is probably my most wanted tweak.

third, give the uac2 a different mechanic. make it continuous fire. 1 damage at 0.3 second intervals, small jam chance every round (except the first shot, immediately after jam, or after 0.6 seconds since the last shot), shorter jam duration. get rid of double tap. you will be doing my finger and my mouse a great service.

fourth, double the pellets in the lb2 to 4. 2 pellets looks stupid.

I prefer to problem solve when all weapons are in their most bare format. No quirks, no modules. If a weapon can perform well without these things. Then I believe a player can safely say a weapon is worth taking. If you still want another AC/2 module... It's supposed to be coming anyways.

I'm glad you are in support of the ammo increase. Of course, there is such thing as too much ammo per ton. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

I agree that weapons such as the UAC2 can be click intensive. The UAC jam mechanic on the other hand is something I want changed altogether.

While, It could be worthwhile to discuss LB autocannons, I still want to stay focused on the AC/2 as much as I can. in any case. if you increase the number of LBX pellets; then you reduce the amount of critical damage it deals... Are you okay with that?

Edited by Livaria, 24 May 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#43 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:51 PM

Remember when the AC 2 was plinking people out to 2000 m and all AC' s had 3 x the base range.

Less heat, that can be worked with.

Velocity, sure increase it, it's only 2 pts of damage and you can not do that much damagePosted Image

Range, that is where any change should be, extending the range.

More ammo, not really needed, but it is fun to go through the 3 tons in my urbie from beyond detection range.

#44 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:39 PM

I like the idea of increasing AC/2 range. If such a thing were to happen however, I suspect that it probably won't be nearly as huge as it was back then. I would estimate 770 meters is as good as it gets. This is unless if PGI is willing to break the unspoken rule that a weapons optimal range must be relative to it's values in tabletop. If that rule is broken, then PGI can go nuts with range balancing.

Edited by Livaria, 24 May 2016 - 02:48 PM.

#45 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:15 PM

View PostLivaria, on 24 May 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

I prefer to problem solve when all weapons are in their most bare format. No quirks, no modules. If a weapon can perform well without these things. Then I believe a player can safely say a weapon is worth taking. If you still want another AC/2 module... It's supposed to be coming anyways.

I'm glad you are in support of the ammo increase. Of course, there is such thing as too much ammo per ton. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

I agree that weapons such as the UAC2 can be click intensive. The UAC jam mechanic on the other hand is something I want changed altogether.

While, It could be worthwhile to discuss LB autocannons, I still want to stay focused on the AC/2 as much as I can. in any case. if you increase the number of LBX pellets; then you reduce the amount of critical damage it deals... Are you okay with that?

i just kind of view the lack of modules as a defacto nerf. when other weapons have an additional level of upgrade when yours dont, that means its essentially a dead end and will never be the pinnacle of performance and will never be on par with other options. sure i get it you want to simplify the metrics. so obviously you need to balance without the modules (and i think with them too, to give modules better, more balanced numbers themselves, but those dont need to refactor the weapon). including modules does not exclude that.

i dont think the 2 line is in that bad of shape (), its certainly not at the machine gun's level of uselessness, a nudge to the ammo, a small buff to its cd (like make it an even 0.7 instead of 0.72) and i think it would be a good weapon. going up to 200dmg/t might be overkill, so maybe 180/t would be good (if we get ammo quirks/ghost ammo for some lights). even going to 200dmg/t wouldnt hurt it considering how ammo hungry these things are. you can boat 6 ac2s get a mediocre platform that runs out of ammo despite having 8 or so tons of ammo. even a quad platform will consume 5 tons of ammo in no time.

as for the lb, twice the pellets, half the damage/pellet, half the crit chance/pellet, that seems fair. i wish pgi would shake this class = number of pellets bs. the class is more or less just a weapon rating. i have to say that the lb2 is my favorite 2 class gun right now, its the only one with a module! maybe give it a tad more ammo and thats it.

anyway that was mostly my wish list. an additional item would be to do something with cacs. either discard them and upgrade the lb2s with ammo switch, or make them official, work on their balance, and give them modules. they are somewhat useful in their low heat niche (i was trying 2 cac20s and 2cac10s on a dire in the training grounds and its a pretty effective way to squeeze off a 60 point ballistics alpha without overheating), but i think that needs to be emphasized abit more.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 May 2016 - 05:24 PM.

#46 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

I'm still interested to hear more opinions on UAC jam mechanics. We have a split decision on whether it's appropriate. I am in favor of replacing the UAC jam for something more similar to an ammunition clip.

Example:
- A UAC 2 can fire 5 times before triggering a waiting period of 5 seconds
- A UAC 5 can fire 3 times before triggering a waiting period of 6 seconds
- A UAC 10 can fire 2 times before triggering a waiting period 7 seconds
- A UAC 20 can fire 2 times before triggering a waiting period 8 seconds

Edited by Livaria, 06 July 2016 - 01:18 PM.

#47 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:07 PM

I'm bringing this topic back to expand it more, and it's fair to say I've changed my mind on laser weaponry discussion. I am more willing discuss laser weaponry, but on different terms. Why did i change my mind? It's because we've already discussed how the AC/2 can be improved, and now I believe that there is nothing more we can do for the AC/2 other than the proposed buffs that we already discussed.

Instead, I've decided that if players want to discuss the how lasers are outperforming. Then it's probably going to be about how lasers can be weaker on the battlefield. My first proposal on the matter is to include much longer burn time and a heat increase.

Example:
- An IS ER large laser has a duration time of 3 Seconds and gets a heat increase of 1
- A Clan ER large Laser has a Duration time of 4 Seconds And gets a heat increase of 1

Edited by Livaria, 06 July 2016 - 01:26 PM.

#48 DreadDevil

• Pip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 13 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationany where a shadow is cast

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:33 PM

I want a even more powerfull (all weapons) pls make all weapons one shot a mech so the we can have game balance no matter wich side we one i am tired of having to shoot more than one to wipe out all mechs.

Thank you

#49 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:37 PM

Is this sarcasm? What point are you trying to get across?

Edited by Livaria, 28 June 2016 - 04:05 PM.

#50 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:44 AM

No answer then? Fine, I'll carry on. I still wholeheartedly believe that there's still work to be done. I consider many weapons in the game to still be imbalanced.

Edited by Livaria, 06 July 2016 - 05:49 AM.

#51 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:12 AM

View PostDreadDevil, on 28 June 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

I want a even more powerfull (all weapons) pls make all weapons one shot a mech so the we can have game balance no matter wich side we one i am tired of having to shoot more than one to wipe out all mechs.

Thank you

I may not agree with how Livaria wants the AC2 to become more balanced but your acting weird DreadDevil.
The AC2 he suggests would not one shot kill all mechs. Even if it got higher velocity, more ammo per tonn and less heat per shot it still wouldn't oneshot kill everything...

So stop acting like a child DreadDevil and try to live up to your name. Remember that a devil does not wake dread or fear in those who beholds it by behaving like a snotty brat.

#52 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:59 AM

Regardless, I'm officially tired of waiting for people to contribute more to this topic. It seems as though we have no more opinions or ideas to contribute. This saddens me.

I'll just have to spread the word and see if it reaches the devs. I'm serious about getting **** done.

#53 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:48 PM

View PostLivaria, on 28 May 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

I'm still interested to hear more opinions on UAC jam mechanics. We have a split decision on whether it's appropriate. I am in favor of replacing the UAC jam for something more similar to an ammunition clip.

Example:
- A UAC 2 can fire 5 times before triggering a waiting period of 5 seconds
- A UAC 5 can fire 3 times before triggering a waiting period of 6 seconds
- A UAC 10 can fire 2 times before triggering a waiting period 7 seconds
- A UAC 20 can fire 2 times before triggering a waiting period 8 seconds

I'll be...we agree on something Livaria. I think this is good idea to replace the jam chance mechanic for all UAC's.
It always annoyed me that the AC2 has the same chance to jam with each shot as a bigger AC.

View PostLivaria, on 06 July 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

Regardless, I'm officially tired of waiting for people to contribute more to this topic. It seems as though we have no more opinions or ideas to contribute. This saddens me.

I'll just have to spread the word and see if it reaches the devs. I'm serious about getting **** done.

I don't have any new ideas unfortunatly. Even more unfortunatly the only way to get the attention of a dev is to talk to Russ on Twitter.
Even if your thread got thousands of replies and votes in the poll it's surprisingly unlikely to get any response from the devs.
I can't remember the last time i saw a dev respond in the Feature Suggestion part of the forums.

#54 Livaria

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

With that being said; I've run into an issue with Twitter. So it'll have to wait.

Edited by Livaria, 06 July 2016 - 01:43 PM.

#55 MrVei

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:11 PM

UACs using a overload bar like the flamer has would be great, you max out the bar bam locked up gun. heat scale could be added in to bal it out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users