#1 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:06 PM

Hi,
I currently have six button gaming mouse (a cheap chinese one), but the side buttons are unconfortable to click, so I'm thinking about upgrading to a more "serious" one.
Which mouse do you suggest?
Thank you in advance,
D.

#2 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:52 AM

If you want a similar number of buttons, the G502 is the mouse to get (even a used 502 is better than any other general purpose mouse is,  new). If wireless is a must, and your budget large,  get the G900. If you randomly need 600 buttons for games other than MWO and want a more MMO-oriented rather than shooter-oriented mouse,  then I'm not the guy to ask,  Razer Naga maybe?

Edited by Catamount, 17 May 2016 - 08:56 AM.

#3 The Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:59 AM

I use a Razer Naga with the Razer Synapse tool. Yeah u can customize the buttons to have game specific functions (for instance if you want to use a consumable but don't want to remove a hand from the mouse or keyboard you can program one of the side mouse buttons to do it). Also can set up macros with Synapse though I don't.

#4 Innocent Killer

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:00 AM

Logitech g502 proteus core is a must. Once you have you will wonder how you ever played anything without it. Logitech has a great program to tweak the settings and it's completely programmable. The buttons are in great positions for your hand.

Edited by Innocent Killer, 17 May 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#5 Puresin

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:05 AM

Yeah I have the razer naga 12 button thumb with synapse. works great.

#6 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

Naga is great imo I have all 6 fire groups on my mouse, not that in use them all alot but it is nice. Also have my consumables and MASC on there as well. Plus you can adjust your sensitivity just as any other high end mouse which is very very good for MWO.

#7 A Villain Behind Glasses

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:08 AM

I also used to have a cheap 6-button mouse from a Chinese company, but I swapped it for a Logitech G502 a few months ago and have never looked back. The side buttons are so much nicer.

#8 EntilzhaPryde

Rookie

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:30 AM

I use a naga2014 edition, and have founf nothing better. I have weapons group 3,4,5 set to the first column of buttons on the side pad where your thumb naturally rests. Consumables are set to the next column. Works well. I use a tartus pad instead of a keyboard on my livingroom game rig with a 42" screen make for an imersive no hassle setup that does not require a full keyboard, only mouse and pad on either side of my chair.

I should point out best buy is clearancing alot of razer stuff like the older nagas so they are a good buy right now. Some of thier new chroma stuff is slick, but i prefere green backlights anyway, so except for the mechanical switches, not alot of reason to upgrade.

#9 M T

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGouda, South Holland

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

A whole lot is too much personal preference when it comes to mouse and peripherals.

But whatever you get, take a mouse that is proven to be accurate enough (sensor)
The new Logitech G line are pretty much all acceptable, most new Zowie mice are too.
The rest is 'mostly' personal.

Mousepad changes how your mouse behaves (friction, initial friction, inertia?)
Like there can be a huge difference between different cloth pads for brands, there is no other way but to try and see what 'material' you like best.

Mouse feet can also be a huge dealbreaker, small vs big pads can change behavior.

Weight is personal preference to most, I say a sweetspot exists with a bit of margin, 80-90~ grams.
My G502 was great but I personally felt it was too heavy and thus felt 'restricted'.

Cables: I will avoid braided cables at all costs, especially with lighter mouse. They will pull on your mouse when you use a bungee, and even without one. Except when you use a very flat table/mousepad. Sadly Logitech found it to give their mice a 'premium' look because of it. Imho you can have braided cables but the logitech ones are just normal plastic cables with braiding over it, so there are like a zillion layers inside the cable. (Braid -> plastic -> shielding -> wires)

As for the mouse shape (G303 is a mouse i had which was great looking, good sensor, but had some flaws like awkward shape. Got me RSI really fast and not to mention the base was pretty 'thin' due to its shape so it was all but stable with quicker movements.

IMHO natural shape to your hand is best, which excludes most ambidextrous mice. The reasoning behind this might be because the least amount of 'distraction' you have the better you can focus on the game. Distraction as in awkwardly shaped, never able to get an optimal grip, weird buttons in weird places which tickle parts of your arm/fingers.

Edited by M T, 17 May 2016 - 02:09 PM.

#10 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:18 PM

I use a Naga Hex as well, the six buttons on the side are enough and reasonably ergonomic.

My only issue is with the Synapse software, I have been trying to get set two of the buttons to toggle on/off for MGs and TAG with not much (any) luck.

#11 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:31 PM

What some People Recommend: http://www.amazon.it...2/?tag=pcp06-21 http://www.amazon.it...&keywords=G300s
What I Use, Just make sure not to spill Coffee on it, It Don't like it (Had it about a month and a Half now, Spilled a bit of coffee on it & now the MMB Don't work & some of the left side buttons can be a bit stickey some times): http://www.amazon.it...&keywords=G300s

#12 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:55 AM

How do you hold your mouse?
  • Palm Grip – In this stance, you place your entire hand over the mouse.
  • Claw Grip – This grip resembles very much to Palm Grip except one difference. Your fingers are arched, to make the index and middle fingertip perpendicular to mouse buttons, in this stance.
  • Fingertip Grip – In this grip, your entire hand is raised in air from back instead of resting on the mouse, and just two fingers + thumb are in contract with the mouse.
I am a Palm Gripper, and I also have a large hand. I currently use Logitech g500. I recently purchased a Razer Naga Hex (sale $39). It felt fine at the store but when I started using it I realized the mouse is too short, even though I loved the 6-side buttons, the heel of my hand rubs on the mouse pad (leather - never going back to cloth). Moving my hand forward had my fingertips pass the buttons. To be more effective with the Naga Hex I tried using it with the Claw Grip. It helped some but that grip just is not for me. My nephew is enjoying it now and I am back with my g500.

Why am I looking for another mouse? G500 (purchased $55-current prices $100+) will not last forever (5yrs old), thus looking to replace it before it actually dies. I have not been able to lay my hands on a g502 @ a local Bestbuy.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 18 May 2016 - 08:12 AM.

#13 Goetz Eisenfaust

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

If you don't trust the quality of Razer mice (which I don't after the premature deaths of 2 Deathadders and a Lachesis...), a good alternative for the Naga is the Logitech 600. Also, for me the the thumb buttons of the G600 are easier to reach and it has a 3rd "real" mouse button on the right side, which can come in very handy.

#14 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:00 AM

Razer deathadder or A4tech bloody A9. Simply the most ergonomic mice. Just try it once and you will never be satisfied by any other mouse.

#15 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

Definitely a claw gripper here. Logitech G600 seems very interesting, with lot of side buttons and a nice price. Need to try the difference between this and the more expensive G502 or a Razor...
Thanks!

#16 Catamount

• 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:33 PM

The G502 will be a much better pointing device that's more shooter-oriented. So will the Razor, for all seven minutes it might last (unless you win the QC lottery?)

#17 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

View PostCatamount, on 17 May 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

If you want a similar number of buttons, the G502 is the mouse to get (even a used 502 is better than any other general purpose mouse is, new). If wireless is a must, and your budget large, get the G900. If you randomly need 600 buttons for games other than MWO and want a more MMO-oriented rather than shooter-oriented mouse, then I'm not the guy to ask, Razer Naga maybe?

Can vouch.
The G502 is just a beast..... the RGB version just lets you make it even sexier.

#18 Catamount

• 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:41 PM

I have the old one, doesn't mesh with my G910 as nicely as I'd like Posted Image

Edited by Catamount, 18 May 2016 - 08:41 PM.

#19 SkavenDC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 155 posts
  • LocationWith the Golden Foxes

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:55 AM

Think the two most popular is the Razer Naga or the Logitech g502.

I didn't look twice at the Razer because I didn't think I would like the side 12 button thumb grid. I wanted more buttons, but didn't want to go overboard.

I did buy the G502 Proteus Spectrum. I absolutely love it. I won't use a regular mouse again.

#20 Destro1000

• PipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSpace... The Final Frontier

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:55 AM

I just picked up the G502 Proteus after reading the recommendations of this thread. I have never owned a mouse with so many options so I am currently trying to find that sweet spot for MWO as this mouse is far more responsive than I am used to. The mouse is very comfortable and I like the button placement so far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users