Kodiak Leaderboard And Personal Challenge Event

84 replies to this topic

#41 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:06 AM

100MC where you be cannon fodder for the new kodiak overlords (that is an exaggeration) and be their punching bawls seems a bit less lately. I wish back the times of 2014/15, where PGI was a bit more generous.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 19 May 2016 - 09:07 AM.

#42 SteelHoves

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:36 AM

Thank you PGI for another awesome mech and a bunch of free stuff to go with it on its opening weekend. I am really looking forward to squeezing in some more matches over the weekend and grabbing some nice rewards
I feel bad for those of you who say you have had 10m wait times for games. I was able to play for over 2 hours last night and the most time I had to wait in Q was approx 2m. I think that is amazing since most of my matches had a min of 5 to 6 assault mechs aka Kodiaks.

Edited by SteelHoves, 19 May 2016 - 09:37 AM.

#43 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:44 AM

View PostDesintegrator, on 19 May 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

Nice event !

Proud and insolent youth, prepare to meet thy doom!

Thanks for the info, man. Didnt know it was released...

#44 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:46 AM

View PostCranky Puppy, on 18 May 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

this would be even better with a MODULE SALE, a MECH BAY SALE, and a %50 OFF HERO SALE

Posted Image

Agreed!

#45 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 996 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 19 May 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostQuintus Verus, on 19 May 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

Posted Image

Agreed!

Modules for mc please :o)
100 mc?

#46 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:52 PM

Please stop events. Brings only the worst out in people. Not fun.

edit: Sorry, what I meant to type was: Thank you for going out of your way to give us the free stuff PGI!

Edited by PFC Carsten, 19 May 2016 - 01:20 PM.

#47 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:00 PM

well... a couple 10 min searches was enough for me to give up...

gl & hf

#48 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:49 PM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 19 May 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

Please stop events. Brings only the worst out in people. Not fun.

Well, gee... No thanks for failing to think of all those people who don't turn into their worst! You don't go around throwing out those who still should have the fun and reward of the rare events. This game is supposed to be potentially all F2P, and remember you were an F2P before you paid anything. Events give F2P the small amounts of what they'll need to keep moving forward in MWO. Or, are you trying to destroy the game even more quickly than PGI did on their own, when they mutilated the contract systems and inviting feel of MWO with the 'Faction Warfare, Phase 3' release??? :angry:

~D. V. "Are you trying to anger even the sane people?" Devnull

#49 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:51 PM

Sitting in tier 5 (due to just coming back to the game since tier introduced, plus leveling Locusts) and was getting very fast drops, annoyingly fast, wasnt giving me enough time alt-tab out to read about bear setups etc.

Just goes to show how different the waits can be between tiers.

Makes sense since more hardcore skilled players preorder the new mechs and want to use them immediately.
Plus running assaults is easymode for climbing tiers since it is so biased towards big damage, get in a few big alphas and rank will never go backwards. So there are more players who favour assaults in the better tiers.

#50 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:25 PM

- Well, I Just love that kind of events when new mech with stock builds became a easy targets! Thanks for great prizes! That awesome really and honestly. But i wonder... we have now scout missions in Faction Play great mode for all light and medium mech. Much fun, really fast play and so on. Now it would be cool if we get some assault - heavy missions. Same 4 vs 4 with pure power, support and like that. Where will be restrictions not by tonnage, but on mech type (assault - heavy). And victory of it would be resources at the end of battle if team have victory. It would be nice for every assault pilots who not good at light or medium - but want to play assault vs assault without fragile medium or annoying lights.

#51 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:13 PM

Now I just need to settle on a Macross Build for one of the Kodiaks... ;)

#52 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:36 PM

oK...at least 628 people bought spirit bear kodiaks, because after having only done ONE game with mine today, that's my ranking in the leaderboard challenge currently.

#53 Avengerlx

• Pip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:27 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 19 May 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

oK...at least 628 people bought spirit bear kodiaks, because after having only done ONE game with mine today, that's my ranking in the leaderboard challenge currently.

i am 1,184 with Spirit Bear, and i suck.. :-)
So at least 1,184 bought the Hero Mech

#54 HamburgerJung

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHamburg, GER

Posted 19 May 2016 - 09:49 PM

Yesterday evening :
PUG drop
6x Kodiak
1x KingCrab
1x Madodeur
1x Artic Cheetah
1x Jenner
1x Hunchback
1x Yen-lo-wan (me)

WTF balance group

#55 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:18 AM

View PostHamburgerJung, on 19 May 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Yesterday evening :
PUG drop
6x Kodiak
1x KingCrab
1x Madodeur
1x Artic Cheetah
1x Jenner
1x Hunchback
1x Yen-lo-wan (me)

WTF balance group

I's just like the good old days before 3/3/3/3

#56 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:41 AM

View PostHamburgerJung, on 19 May 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

Yesterday evening :
PUG drop
6x Kodiak
1x KingCrab
1x Madodeur
1x Artic Cheetah
1x Jenner
1x Hunchback
1x Yen-lo-wan (me)

WTF balance group

It's still balanced though, the enemy team will have a similar weight distribution...

View PostPodex, on 20 May 2016 - 04:18 AM, said:

I's just like the good old days before 3/3/3/3

No, not really... Before 3s, a team of 12 Jenners could face a team of 12 atlas. The new system may give a pretty random mish-mash of tonnage, but it still balances weight on both teams.

#57 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:36 AM

Well balances weight classes... equal numbers of assaults, heavies, etc. It also factors in the PSR of players (and will go up or down 2 levels trying to match folks together, so T2s play with T1s, T3s or T4s, T5s can play with T3s, etc, T3s have the best match up possibilities, and T1s probably the worst based on player demographics).

Also it would be nice if for leaderboard events, it showed the TIER of the players... it would be interesting to see the actual supposed rating levels of the people leading the scoreboards.

Edited by Dee Eight, 20 May 2016 - 06:38 AM.

#58 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:25 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 May 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

Well balances weight classes... equal numbers of assaults, heavies, etc. It also factors in the PSR of players (and will go up or down 2 levels trying to match folks together, so T2s play with T1s, T3s or T4s, T5s can play with T3s, etc, T3s have the best match up possibilities, and T1s probably the worst based on player demographics).

Also it would be nice if for leaderboard events, it showed the TIER of the players... it would be interesting to see the actual supposed rating levels of the people leading the scoreboards.

Well PSR doesn't work - at the the tipping point, more or less all are make a run into tier one sooner or later. So you have the crapys and new player and the other set with the rest.

#59 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:56 AM

I KNOW it doesn't work... but there's a definite disdain shall we say, here on the forums, by Tier 1/2/3ers against 4/5ers. Especially in the faction warfare sections. Ya know... where all the "pro's" sit around posting and complaining because there's no one to actually play against.

#60 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 May 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

I KNOW it doesn't work... but there's a definite disdain shall we say, here on the forums, by Tier 1/2/3ers against 4/5ers. Especially in the faction warfare sections. Ya know... where all the "pro's" sit around posting and complaining because there's no one to actually play against.

Yeah, those people saying they want somebody to play against won't help people to develop to a point that they at least have some competition. It's a vicious cycle, and we can be certain that PGI has probably done some mistakes of their own which make this worse. :(

~D. V. "It sucks." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users