Ctf-4X Build

10 replies to this topic

#1 hordes1ayer

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

I dont see many Cataphracts used sadly. It is a great heavy mech. The best one to start with is the CTF-4X. The build I use which is a good one is 2 ultra AC/5, 2 machine guns, 2 med lazors, a lrm 5, and AMS. you can do what ever amount of ammo per item you please but this is a good build that works for me. I am not very good at the game but i get about 300+ damage with it. If you want to know builds for the CTF-1X or CTF-2X i have one for those too.

#2 Tahu5

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts
  • Locationbehind my CP screen. That's all you need to know. How did you know I was playing MWO?!? I didn't tell anyone!

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:29 PM

DON'T RUN AC2S ON IT!!!! ITS REALLY BAD!!!! TRUST ME!!!! I KNOW!!!! I like the UAC5 build though. Good suppressing fire power. Have you done the lb10x on it? Seen some other people do it. Does good on dmg. It's a hug em close build though haha.

#3 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

Most would recommend CTF-4X on the 4X. Convergence isn't great, but it's a 600m AC/20 every 1.5 seconds without the cooldown module.

CTF-1X is pretty nasty, the quirks are ridiculous.

Edited by Keshav Murali, 22 May 2016 - 07:51 PM.

#4 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:31 AM

Pharcts are one of my fav'd mechs.About 4X,try these builds on STD engine:
CTF-4X,durable brawler able to go into zombie mode.Or its AC5 version for better DPS;if you drop SRM4 you could create Moar Dakka version.Also,this Phract can be turned into CTF-4X Crit Seeker;potent,but you need to wait a bit,and join the fight in the middle,once enemy mechs are opened.

If you're going to risk XL engine,then such possibilities are opening:
CTF-4X Fulldakka - nothing to add.
4X presented by Keshav Murali;though you may want to drop 1-2t of ammo in favor of heatsinks.
Pretty fun is CTF-4X FastDakka.
And of course,old and still good CTF-4X GaussPhract;though not that powerful today,due to recharge mechanics of Gauss.

Edited by MasterBLB, 23 May 2016 - 01:47 AM.

#5 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:40 AM

View Posthordes1ayer, on 22 May 2016 - 07:15 PM, said:

I dont see many Cataphracts used sadly. It is a great heavy mech. The best one to start with is the CTF-4X. The build I use which is a good one is 2 ultra AC/5, 2 machine guns, 2 med lazors, a lrm 5, and AMS. you can do what ever amount of ammo per item you please but this is a good build that works for me. I am not very good at the game but i get about 300+ damage with it. If you want to know builds for the CTF-1X or CTF-2X i have one for those too.

2xAC5 2xUAC5 XL255 or don't even bother. Put all armor on the front and go out shooting!

#6 TAKTCOM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts
  • LocationRussia, Rostov-on-Don

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

4xAC5 + (and maaaaybe 2 ml) XL255 and nothing more.

#7 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:17 PM

I thought of running CTF-4X with quad AC/5s before. Never bought it since I have the CTF-1X, CTF-3D and CTF-IM which plays very similarly to the 4X.

Not a bad mech, just hampered by the meta. My old grudge is that dakka is awesome but really weighs this mech down slow and in PUGs, it's sometimes hard to mobilize.

#8 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

When the Cataphract was a relevant chassis, this was the basic 4X build (MLs/ammo to taste), However, the Black Widow makes it obsolete because it's superior in every way.

#9 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:15 PM

View PostTercieI, on 25 May 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

When the Cataphract was a relevant chassis, this was the basic 4X build (MLs/ammo to taste), However, the Black Widow makes it obsolete because it's superior in every way.

Wow, I feel pretty sad for the 4X. I just realized that the Black Widow has a build that's even been than the 4X.

OP, if you are curious to know, the BlackWidow is superior because the ballistics weapons are allocated on it's torsos thus there's less armor needed to keep it's weaponry on the battlefield longer. If you were to use the 4X, you need to put armor on the torsos AND the arms. You cannot neglect armor for your arms because it will endanger your combat capability. But the BlackWidow has the ballistic weapons on it's torsos thus and be "arm-less". Plus, the weapon placement is much higher than the 4X so the Black Widow has a better chance of hill humping without exposing a big portion of it's chassis to harm.

Plus, the Black Widow has a higher engine cap so higher mobility. The 4X is unfortunately gimped at XL255 with a measily top speed of 63.4KPH.

But hey, if you love Cataphracts, there's nothing holding you back from buying it. :)

#10 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:25 PM

View PostZeProme, on 26 May 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

Wow, I feel pretty sad for the 4X. I just realized that the Black Widow has a build that's even been than the 4X.

OP, if you are curious to know, the BlackWidow is superior because the ballistics weapons are allocated on it's torsos thus there's less armor needed to keep it's weaponry on the battlefield longer. If you were to use the 4X, you need to put armor on the torsos AND the arms. You cannot neglect armor for your arms because it will endanger your combat capability. But the BlackWidow has the ballistic weapons on it's torsos thus and be "arm-less". Plus, the weapon placement is much higher than the 4X so the Black Widow has a better chance of hill humping without exposing a big portion of it's chassis to harm.

Plus, the Black Widow has a higher engine cap so higher mobility. The 4X is unfortunately gimped at XL255 with a measily top speed of 63.4KPH.

But hey, if you love Cataphracts, there's nothing holding you back from buying it. Posted Image

Also, the weapon mounts are decently high on the Warhammer rather than shoetop on the Cataphract. And the hitboxes are more XL friendly on the Warhammer. Yeah, sad times for the CTF. :(

#11 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:57 PM

View PostTercieI, on 26 May 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

Also, the weapon mounts are decently high on the Warhammer rather than shoetop on the Cataphract. And the hitboxes are more XL friendly on the Warhammer. Yeah, sad times for the CTF. Posted Image

Even now I'm having trouble trying to play Cataphracts. I mean, I like the platform, it was the norm, the holy grail, the meta back in the old days. I'm talking about the CTF-3D. But hey, let's not forget about 1X, 2X, 4X as well. I still have them but alas, it's not very popular anymore.

I remember when CTF-3D was the meta and thus the infamous pop-tart was born. Yup, I think it was the CTF-3D that revolutionized the poptart meta.

Other mechs pretty much clearly out-class it. If anything, Cataphracts only shine situational.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users