Oculus Rift Cv1 In Glorious Stereoscopic 3D!

7 replies to this topic

#1 CreszZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:23 AM

I'm in Heaven!
I finally got full stereoscopic 3D with 92 FPS at all settings max on the Oculus Rift CV1-Here's how you do it:

1) Get Vorpx and make sure it's updated to the latest version (think it's 16.2.? now)

2)Use "Game Optimizer" settings and create a new profile by going to Local settings

3)in Local optimizer settings you will see a list of games -scroll down to "Crysis 2"

4) Select that and then select "create new profile" and change the name for your new profile (I went MWO)

5) Select the "Add" tab and find the MWO Client - should be in the Pirahna folder in either the 32 or 64 bit bin

6) Double click on it to add and then hit the "apply and close" tab

7) Fire up MWO (it may take more than one try, also make sure you select the Oculus headphones as your primary playback device)

It will come up in "Z adaptive" mode in full 3D, then just play with the FOV from the in game settings and tweak the Vorpx settings to your liking...I have my FOV set at 113 which seems pretty optimal (think it's 60 by default which is WAY too zoomed- in). Assign the Vorpx "edgepeek to a hotkey to look at your ammo and damage screens quickly as there is no good way for you to get the full overlays without compromising the 3D.

Note that the Mech Lab is not in Stereoscopic 3D - but the game is, including all weapons and effects! You can try other templates (Crysis 3 doesn't render in full stereoscopy) - but this works great.

It is completely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a YouTube link explaining the Vorpx game optimizer...

#2 CreszZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:35 AM

Forgot to mention something that will help enormously....

Make sure you use "Edge Peek" when your in the Mech Lab - it's like your looking at a giant movie screen. I have mine set to a mouse hotkey but you can assign it anywhere convenient - remember your going to use it "in-game" to quick view damage and weapons systems too, so don't assign it to a key your using for something else important.

#3 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:41 AM

What are the specs on your rig?

#4 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:15 AM

yea, im also interested in your system specs to know , please share

#5 CreszZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:30 AM

Intel Core i7-6700k cpu@4ghz
ram 16GB
64-bit OS

nvidea 980 GTX video card

#6 CreszZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:36 AM

I will try it on my laptop after work...

i7 -3.2ghz
8GB RAM
m770 card

guessing it will run around 45 -60 FPS (that was what in ran with the DK2 in Vorpx) before I found how to do the profile edit, was in 3D but not stereoscopic then

#7 Alan Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:36 AM

I'm going to be getting a new rig built soon. Should I go for the 6700k instead of the 4790k?

#8 CreszZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

I am really happy with the 6700k - with this setup and only a single card, I am getting every game to run at max settings at over 60 FPS

I think my laptop is a 4700k - runs great without the Oculus but stutters on Dirt Rally and Project Cars in VR (like 20-35 FPS) - which are GREAT in VR by the way!

As is DCS flight simulator...but MWO is completely awesome in the configuration I posted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users