MWOWC 2016 Update 06/01/2016

12 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:08 PM

TOURNAMENT FAQ

A Tournament FAQ is now available here, covering some of the most important and common questions regarding the MWOWC. This FAQ will be updated as necessary throughout the Tournament. Let us know if you have any questions of your own!

TOURNAMENT CLIENT REMINDER

If you are a confirmed Tournament Participant and have not yet downloaded and installed the Tournament Client, please do so! Your login credentials for the Tournament Client will be the same as your standard MWO client credentials.
To help ensure that all Tournament Participants download and install the Tournament Client, we are providing the download link for the installer below.
However, note that login access to the Tournament Client is solely restricted to confirmed Tournament Participants only!

> TEAM CAPTAINS <
Please follow up with all of your Team Members to ensure that they have installed and can successfully run the Tournament Client.

If you encounter issues installing the client, please contact technical@mwomercs.com

PLEASE NOTE: Login access to the Tournament Client is solely restricted to confirmed Tournament Participants only! If you are not a Tournament Participant, downloading the Tournament Client will serve no purpose!

OFF-SCHEDULE MATCH REMINDER

We'd like to remind all Tournament Participants that matches can be played outside of their Officially Scheduled date and time!

A dedicated sub-forum has been created to help Teams facilitate the coordination and scheduling of MWOWC2016 Matches outside of the Official Regional Qualifier Match Schedule.
If Teams wish to run their assigned matches outside of the official schedule they are free to do so, but both Teams must coordinate and agree to any such off-schedule matches.
Please read through the recent MWOWC2016 Update post for full details regarding Off-Schedule Matches.

USE OF 2015 LOYALTY 'MECHS IN THE MWOWC

The 'Mechs that we released to eligible MechWarriors as part of the 2015 Loyalty Program were distinct variants with distinct Loadouts. A few Tournament Participants who received these 'Mechs as part of the 2015 Loyalty Program asked whether these would be valid for use during the the Tournament, so we have unlocked those Loyalty variants for all Tournament Participants to acquire through the in-game Tournament Client store only at a placeholder price.

We'll also use this opportunity to announce that standard, non-Loyalty versions of these 'Mechs will be made available for purchase on the standard client this July. These standard versions will not possess the custom Pattern and 30% C-Bill Boost of their Loyalty counterparts, but they will retain their unique Loadouts. You can view the Loadouts for these 'Mechs here.

#2 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:48 PM

Eh

#3 ChewBaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:00 PM

Oh hey, I get to add a jumping Cicada to my stable next month, so that's good.

#4 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 01 June 2016 - 11:53 PM

Well, I'm totally sure nobody asked to use that 2015 Loyalty Wolverine in the tournament. ;)

#5 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:19 AM

Actually, we wer thinking of bringing it... Chop it into 4 parts and muzzle load then into the UACs of the Kodiak... should work pretty well that way.

#6 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

Wanna buy a mechpack ?
^^
Posted Image

#7 The Flying Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

I assume if a player gets dropped during/at the start of a match, that team just gets screwed? There's no 'Hold' to let players rejoin?

#8 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:02 AM

View PostThe Flying Gecko, on 02 June 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

I assume if a player gets dropped during/at the start of a match, that team just gets screwed? There's no 'Hold' to let players rejoin?

Any actual team I've encountered would let you hold. Yet another reason to play as many matches "off schedule" as possible.

#9 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:21 PM

Thank you for the updates to the faq.

#10 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:24 PM

View PostThe Flying Gecko, on 02 June 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

Holding is a hard thing to do during a match depending on how many caps are being held. Holding at the start isnt an issue. We had this today ,we all disconnect and reloaded the match per the Ref orders., Worked fine the 2nd go.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 02 June 2016 - 08:25 PM.

#11 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:36 AM

In MW2 you could crouch remember? That'd be good to see in mwo so we could implement teabaggin

#12 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:05 PM

I'd sooner see breakdancing dead mechs than the return of teabagging ;)

I barely play the Ebon Jag anymore because it's just so sad when I die and nothing happens.

#13 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:04 PM

View PostKrocodockle, on 03 June 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

In MW2 you could crouch remember? That'd be good to see in mwo so we could implement teabaggin

Power down power up :P It would.be funny but I'm guessing not worth getting your team kicked.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 03 June 2016 - 03:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users