Mechwarrior 2 .obj Files

3D Art

2 replies to this topic

#1 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:51 PM

This was mostly at the request of "Marack Drock" and "Havokq3". I've had the .obj files for the Mechwarrior 2 mechs for sometime and had used them to create paper models and make other art. So, I've uploaded them for everyone to have at! Posted Image

Here's the link to the media fire page: http://www.mediafire.../?oifp5lwycskrb

Look for the file called "mech.zip", in there you will find the .obj files for every mech EXCEPT...yes, sorry to say, except for the Summoner. I've tried but could never extract the summoner for some reason, sorry...but all the rest are there, including the ATI 3D Rage edition models. So have fun and enjoy! And if you do use them for any thing, feel free to post photos/images of what you do on this thread, I'd love to see your creations! Posted Image

Note: I used "blender" to open the files, and "pepakura" to create the paper model files. The .obj files for the mechs are split up into their individual parts, so you can mix and match, and even twist the parts into different poses quite easily.

And now a few fun images of the renders:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
See?! Mix and match parts is fun! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Stingray1234, 03 June 2016 - 04:57 PM.

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 03 June 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

Thanks man! Now I just have to get a program that can take obj files that doesn't cost money... and is simple enough for a dumby like me haha.

Blender man! Easy and free! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users