#1 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:55 PM

Please.. enough with the damn macros, I prefer that this be a skill based game not a game based on gimmics and hacks. Please ban the use of these so that matches are fair not aimed to those willing to cheat just because they don't like the game's mechanics. If you don't like the games mechanics, there's the door, let it hit you on the way out.

#2 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:58 PM

is it this time again? yay, macro bashing!

to shorten the whole discussion about it (we had it countless times):

please give a detailed example what macro exactly you mean and how it does something OP. And then we can talk.

#3 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:59 PM

First, not happening.

Second, not happening.

Third, the people using those macros will be laughing at you now. I'm sorry.

Fourth, on second thought I'm not sorry.

Seriously, a macro is simply pushing buttons in an automated manner. A "hack" is that guy seeing through terrain like magic from half the map away. There's a difference.

Edited by wanderer, 06 June 2016 - 10:59 PM.

#4 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:01 PM

*facepalm*

#5 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:02 PM

Macros are cheap. It allows someone to do something in a game that would normally be impossible to do without that command line.

But trying to ban them would be pretty damn hard so it's just something you have to deal with.

Edited by dervishx5, 06 June 2016 - 11:03 PM.

#6 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:08 PM

Hate macros my self.

See them as abuse because in 99% of the games out there they are considered abuse.

Welcome one of the only games that lets people use a macro to circumvent the Gauss mechanics and ghost heat.

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:29 PM

A guy from HHoD is complaining about macros. Hmmm. If you don't like the game's mechanics that is fully allowed by PGI, there's the door, let it hit you on the way out.

View PostXetelian, on 06 June 2016 - 11:08 PM, said:

Hate macros my self.

See them as abuse because in 99% of the games out there they are considered abuse.

Welcome one of the only games that lets people use a macro to circumvent the Gauss mechanics and ghost heat.

Macro does not circumvent those. You still have to charge the Gauss and still have to fire set number of weapons to avoid extra heat. Macros make it easier.

Edited by El Bandito, 06 June 2016 - 11:35 PM.

#8 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:34 PM

View PostNyte Kitsune, on 06 June 2016 - 10:55 PM, said:

Please.. enough with the damn macros, I prefer that this be a skill based game not a game based on gimmics and hacks. Please ban the use of these so that matches are fair not aimed to those willing to cheat just because they don't like the game's mechanics. If you don't like the games mechanics, there's the door, let it hit you on the way out.

3..........2.............1............INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Thank you! Please try again!

#9 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:35 PM

Not implementing certain mechanics like that 0.5s after firing to trigger Ghost Heat can help to alleviate this issue somewhat.

#10 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:39 PM

I'm a long time proponent of not using macros but seen the difficulty in detecting them and their apparent low value I honestly don't care much for PGI regulating it. Their efforts are much needed elsewhere.

Now I did state apparent didn't I? Well I admit having played 4 or 5 drops with an AC macro. Just to see what I was talking about.
And besides giving me lots of audio heaven (tripple optimised AC/2 dakka,... hmmmm! ) It didn't do me much good except burn my ammo like crazy.

PPC/Gauss I didn't test. As I can't see how losing control of my PPC trigger would benefit me.

(also, this just comes to mind, are you sure you don't just hate clan Dakka mechs? All those rounds being fired can make it feel like someone is macroing the **** out of the game but you're just experiencing the game as it is,... Posted Image )

Edited by PyckenZot, 06 June 2016 - 11:41 PM.

#11 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:40 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 June 2016 - 11:29 PM, said:

Macro does not circumvent those. You still have to charge the Gauss and still have to fire set number of weapons to avoid extra heat. Macros make it easier.

You could say the same thing about cheating. Makes the game easier. idk I just feel everyone should be playing with level playfield.

Macros don't add much to the game though. They're a marginal effect at best. If you still suck at positioning and aiming then macros aren't going to fix that.

#12 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:42 PM

Marcos is a pretty chill dude, ive played a few games with him. He is always happy to lead and usually will go in first on the big pushes. Leave Marcos alone, i like playing with him.

#13 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:54 PM

How about bout banning folks with really low or really high pings or those with really OP or potato machines.

Knowing how to use a macro is no different than knowing how to twist and turn or how to aim. It is part of a skillset.

#14 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:57 PM

Macros could be mitigated:

Energy weapons: Make cooldown time proportional to engine rating (power output), current speed (power drained for movement) and heat level (conversion efficiency).

Ballistic weapons: Introduce a slight recoil, weapons fired very quickly would lose accuracy. Weapons fired on opposite slots together would nullify the recoil.

Gauss: Make preload a function of engine, speed and heat.

Without fixed intervals macros would be way less effective.

#15 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:11 AM

Oh noes to macros!

#16 FuDawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:13 AM

View Post627, on 06 June 2016 - 10:58 PM, said:

is it this time again? yay, macro bashing!

to shorten the whole discussion about it (we had it countless times):

please give a detailed example what macro exactly you mean and how it does something OP. And then we can talk.

If you can't do it on your own, you shouldn't be able to do. Don't need to point out specific ones... for all I care if you have a macro to make your Gauss rifle fire with a single normal click that's cheating. I recognize you may not agree but it changes my opinion absolutely zero degrees.

#17 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:18 AM

Hasn't PGI outright stated Macros are perfectly acceptable? It's not manipulating game files, its adjusting your own computers key/mouse inputs.Huge difference.

#18 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:18 AM

View PostFuDawg, on 07 June 2016 - 12:13 AM, said:

If you can't do it on your own, you shouldn't be able to do. Don't need to point out specific ones... for all I care if you have a macro to make your Gauss rifle fire with a single normal click that's cheating. I recognize you may not agree but it changes my opinion absolutely zero degrees.

That would actually be a macro that puts you at a disadvantage. Please allow people to use that one!

#19 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:25 AM

Ain't my fault that my gaming mouse has higher function than that of average pleb's. I guess people are accusing me of P2W. Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 07 June 2016 - 12:25 AM.

#20 FuDawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:30 AM

View PostPyckenZot, on 07 June 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

That would actually be a macro that puts you at a disadvantage. Please allow people to use that one!

If you can't aim I suppose it might hurt but if you can, it'd make firing a Guass Rifle a TEENY bit easier since you don't have to hold and release. It would also be consistent... a macro never accidentally holds too long etc. Aside from that, it's simply not doing it yourself. Much like you don't let MLB players go into the batters box with a radar guided automatic pneumatic bat that swings itself. One way is playing baseball while the other is standing there letting your equipment play for you. However, some of us understand that lesser players will always need something they feel fills that gap. Sad, but very true.

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 June 2016 - 12:25 AM, said:

Ain't my fault that my gaming mouse has higher function than that of average pleb's. I guess people are accusing me of P2W. Posted Image

Oh PUH-LEASE... we can all go buy ******** Macro Mice. Mine has functions most of which I don't use (cuz I don't NEED them LOL). I need movement and 3 buttons, preferably a scroll wheel but I can get by without it :) Let's see you minus yer fancy mouse :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users