Who Runs The House Teamspeak Server? It Died.

43 replies to this topic

#21 Anchovy

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:31 PM

View PostMurphy7, on 17 June 2016 - 06:40 AM, said:

Discord sounds lovely and all, though I can do without the proselytizing and ad hominem attacks on people just because they don't immediately feel like getting another online communication service running on their computer.

OP was wondering why the Kurita TS owner/volunteer was not manning the TS 24/7.
He was wondering why we don't have another option instead of paying $30/mth for TS.

When a free alternative is suggested, he says he would rather go FRR than download another VOIP....

I have played with OP before and he sounds like a nice chap and all in comms, but I was really rolling my eyes at the above....

I have not even played with Mana before, I think, but Mana deserves far more appreciation than this...

#22 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:37 PM

$30 is an outrageous amount to pay, each month, for a Teamspeak server and a website that serves no real purpose and sees little use from the community.

If the TS server was switched to a cheaper host, people might be willing to chip in to some fund to keep it running.. especially if someone cared enough to create and have stickied a thread organizing such a fund. Keeping the coms alive for $3-5 a month is an attainable and sustainable goal. This isn't just for the immediate benefit of a few house com regulars, but for the entire faction, should they choose to participate. It's like a business, in that every day the place is closed, there's the chance that new customers might arrive, be turned away and never return. It's the life blood of Kuritan loyalist group play.

I do appreciate Angel's contribution and understand that he'll donate whatever he's able and we can take it or leave it. It's an expensive burden that earns him fewer thanks than he deserves. Thumbs up for that guy.

But, yeah, it is a rather dickish move to meet questions and concerns with insults and condescending arrogance. At least Kurita does have some genuinely cool people that make up for the others.

#23 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:26 AM

Anchovy,

I have no idea what your problem is with my statement. My statement is directed at ZaouSai's invective, and has nothing to do with ManaValkyrie.

#24 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:17 AM

House Kurita Teamspeak Back online

#25 Night Ender PL

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:02 AM

kurita TS got back to operation like 1h ago ;)

#26 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:30 PM

View PostAnTi90d, on 16 June 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

Well, it's been down all day, now, and I've never personally seen the guy that was paying for the HK website, in-game, in-coms or in this forum, (I'm just assuming the site is tied to the TS server,) so I'll just call it:

We're screwed and House Kurita is dead..

..unless someone actually loves Kurita enough to shell out ~$3 a month to rent a TS server.. and has the patience to recreate each room.

If you guys are going to go with Discord.. it's been fun. I had some great matches and I truly enjoyed running with all most of you. It was the only thing that made MWO feel less like fighting 12 AI bots with 11 AI bots on my side and more like playing with real people, like I sorely missed from MW4. Hell, even if we didn't have the numbers to even form up a FP group, quickplaying with my fellow Kuritans was a ton more fun than just quickplaying with the silent potatoes that populate most of the game. I'll keep my allegiance a few days, even though I have little-to-no interest in going back to solo QP potato land, just in case **** fixes itself. If we're still com-less this weekend, or if HK is really moving to Discord, I'm moving to Viking land. (Well, rather.. I'll break loyalty and have no reason to even play the game for a solid week.. so if I haven't quit by the time I'm able to re-declare allegiance, I'll go to Viking land.)

HK is dead? Must be popping in all the other houses in CW then...

I wonder why it's just limited to HK's CW population though.

#27 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:52 PM

Is Kurita TS down again?

#28 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:58 PM

View PostTavious Grimm, on 11 October 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Is Kurita TS down again?

No, I just popped on and back off, when I saw this post.

#29 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:25 PM

Did something change, I can't connect? Repost the server info please.

#30 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:46 PM

Housekurita.tserverhq.com - no password

It might be some kind of regional outage between you and the server. I've noticed a few of those, this year. Not between me and the TS server, but between me and all Google services (mail / voice / search) while the IsItDown type of websites say that it's still live.. or between me and other sites that are still up for other people.

#31 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 11 October 2016 - 07:50 PM

OK, thanks. I can still connect to 6RNTs TS still neg on Kurita TS. I'll try again later.

#32 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:51 PM

Just a thought, although NS switches between 3 contracts ... we are House Kurita loyal at the end of the day. We do have a very large TS server. I know of discord but honestly so many VOIP clients I for right now will stick with what we already have. We host our own server ourselves, we do not pay a service.

#33 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:02 PM

Well apparently it was a local thing since I can reconnect to Kurita TS

#34 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:55 AM

Just a shout out to warn folks, after nearly 2 years of running the HK TS server, I will be unable to continue to do so. Personal circumstances have changed here. I would like to thank those that have used the server and I am sorry that I will be unable to continue to do so.

I will be still in and out of the game as time here permits, so I will see all you great folks around.

Mana

#35 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 29 October 2016 - 05:55 AM, said:

Just a shout out to warn folks, after nearly 2 years of running the HK TS server, I will be unable to continue to do so. Personal circumstances have changed here. I would like to thank those that have used the server and I am sorry that I will be unable to continue to do so.

I will be still in and out of the game as time here permits, so I will see all you great folks around.

Mana

Thanks for running things as long as you have been Mana. Can you clarify what this means in relation to the enjin page being back up, and how someone else could take over for/succeed you as archduke of the HK TS?

#36 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:12 AM

Ultra-Laser, The website and teamspeak are separately controlled. I reset the website subscription. Personally after looking around at costs and things recently I would recommend moving away from TS to something else. Someone will have to set up another server is all that is required.

#37 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:27 PM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 02 November 2016 - 09:12 AM, said:

Ultra-Laser, The website and teamspeak are separately controlled. I reset the website subscription. Personally after looking around at costs and things recently I would recommend moving away from TS to something else. Someone will have to set up another server is all that is required.

Thanks for the prompt response, I just wanted to make sure that House Kurita would still have a rally point going forward.

#38 Chameleon257

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 171 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:04 AM

Or Crockdaddy has generously offered the use of their non pay for TS. :)

#39 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 10 November 2016 - 06:01 PM

View PostChameleon257, on 05 November 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

Or Crockdaddy has generously offered the use of their non pay for TS. Posted Image

That or creating and running another non-profit licensed TS on a private server or VPS. That would appear to be the way a few of the other Houses have their TS servers setup.

https://sales.teamsp...m/licensing.php

ManaValkyrie, when is the current TS and HK website set to expire?

Domo!!

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 10 November 2016 - 06:24 PM.

#40 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 10 November 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

That or creating and running another non-profit licensed TS on a private server or VPS. That would appear to be the way a few of the other Houses have their TS servers setup.

https://sales.teamsp...m/licensing.php

ManaValkyrie, when is the current TS and HK website set to expire?

Domo!!

The issue is you would need to run your own hardware somewhere. Now that isn't hard to do but you do need $ and technical no how. With the many hosting services such as Linnode, AWS, Azure ... I am sure you could create an instance for a reasonable price and run TS off of it. My understanding is the non-profit license is a pain to fill out but do-able. Right now the pay method for House Kurita seems overly expensive for the amount of folks whom actually bother to play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users