Yes, We Have A Brexit.

100 replies to this topic

#41 Ponyboy

• PipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:28 AM

Maybe the Scots and the Irish will now have the chance to join the EU on their own. It is sad to see you leave anyhow.

#42 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:25 AM

Grats to the Brits. I'm not against pan-european co-operation of some kind, but EU is a fundamentally flawed thing that is only going to get worse. Too much power in the hands of the people nobody voted for. I wish my country would have the balls to leave too, but the slave mentality of the Finnish politicians is too strong. The idiots even put the EU membership into the constitution. Well, at least there is a citizens´ initiative to get fixit referendum and it looks like it's going to get the required 50,000 statements of support in record time. I'm dying to see what BS excuses the politicians are going to give for not having the referendum then.

#43 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:58 AM

View PostPonyboy, on 25 June 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

Maybe the Scots and the Irish will now have the chance to join the EU on their own. It is sad to see you leave anyhow.

What a shame, they are our brothers and sisters. Im mixed scottish irish myself. I always thought that england ireland scotalnd and wales should be pulling together not apart, but then i imagine that the EU wouldnt want that kind of power right on their door step and so i strongly suspect the hand of the EU at work when i see the likes of sturgeon on my tv.

It always struck me as incredibly convenient that the IRA all but vanished, just befoere the war on terror started. Wasnt that lucky for them and for ireland. Now we get one time terrorists wearing the guise of the politician.

Edited by Burke IV, 25 June 2016 - 02:03 AM.

#44 Ponyboy

• PipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:31 AM

What a shame, the englisch were our brothers and sisters as well. My wife is english, I'm german. My son is mixed german english- I always thought that the U,K. and Europe should be pulling together, not apart, but them I imagine some people in england simply dont want to. I can perfectly understand your feelings, I feel the same with you leaving us.

#45 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:22 AM

View PostPonyboy, on 25 June 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

What a shame, the englisch were our brothers and sisters as well. My wife is english, I'm german. My son is mixed german english- I always thought that the U,K. and Europe should be pulling together, not apart, but them I imagine some people in england simply dont want to. I can perfectly understand your feelings, I feel the same with you leaving us.

happens if you give all the power to old people who still live back in the days they were young.
it wouldnt be any different in germany.

the old's voted out based on lies from Farage. thats the real shame. he cant hold what he promised them. never been able to.

#46 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:25 AM

View PostAlienized, on 24 June 2016 - 12:45 AM, said:

take a good look who mainly voted for the exit.
old people that have nothing to do with the future anymore.

thats the proper way to screw up your youth.

A lot of the youth these days deserve it.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 25 June 2016 - 08:26 AM.

#47 Baelfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:26 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 25 June 2016 - 01:58 AM, said:

...but then i imagine that the EU wouldnt want that kind of power right on their door step and so i strongly suspect the hand of the EU at work when i see the likes of sturgeon on my tv.

Sight.

Please enlighten us what kind of power that is. Right now Britain is becoming a small and isolated island in the vicinity of europe without any political signifcance and no trading partners, because the USA, China and other industrial nations prefer to trade with the EU instead of you.

Gibraltar, Scotland and maybe Ireland and Wales are already checking their options and looking for a way to stay within the EU. On top of that your country is divided and many young people feel they got betrayed, because their were born and raised in the EU and being a EU citizen is part of thei identdity.

The UK is/was a valuable member of the EU and an important political ally for germany, but there is nothing "dangerous" about them after the Brexit. Especially if the EU decides to make an example of Britain to make very clear, that no concessions will be made to countries which leave the union.

For all we know 2016 may be the year when the United Kingdom of England ceased to exist. And they accomplished that all by themselves without any help anyone else. Its a shame, i always liked Churchills idea of a united europe under the lead of france, germany and the UK.

Edited by Baelfire, 25 June 2016 - 08:33 AM.

#48 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:26 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 25 June 2016 - 08:25 AM, said:

A lot of the youth these days deserve it.

while i agree to a certain amount im sure the older generation would deserve the same.

#49 Hangfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 204 posts
  • LocationToon of honest men and bonnie lassies

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:29 AM

This side of the wall we voted to stay, by a fair amount,,, We'll see what happens as the plot thickens

#50 Milocinia

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:30 AM

I love how everyone becomes a politician at times like this.

Anyway first and foremost, are we really going to trust all these "expert" financial analysts about what's going to happen when they pretty much trashed almost the entire world's economy only a few years ago?

What's also worth pointing out is that this country is too far gone with investment from businesses and immigrant workers. At no point is anyone suddenly going to turf everything out overnight. Most of it will be retained and "allowed" - free movement and working rights will still exist and trade co-operation will be just as brisk as ever, still tariff free. All we are doing is detaching ourselves from the corrupt and wasteful political entity of the European Union. If anyone doesn't think the EU isn't as corrupt as FIFA then you should do some digging about things like Jean-Claude Junker's political past and what's really meant by the EU "gravy train" and the astonishing salaries and allowances its officials get paid (officials that usually didn't get voted into parliament in their own countries).

#51 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:52 AM

View PostBaelfire, on 25 June 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

Sight.

Please enlighten us what kind of power that is.

5th largest world economy, would be enhanced by the addtion of ireland. They going to make an example of us are they?

your country is divided and many young people feel they got betrayed, because their were born and raised in the EU and being a EU citizen is part of thei identdity.

and this is why social engineering is wrong. We who were already here all felt betrayed by it aswell, i understand your world may have collapsed try to focus your rage at the real perpatrators of this ugly mess.

i always liked Churchills idea of a united europe under the lead of france, germany and the UK.

i listened to this on the tv. imo he was speaking of a europe without us in it. My history of churchill quotes is not good so i may be wrong, but having said that it easy to put words into somebodys mouth.

#52 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:39 PM

"I thought it odd when Boris Johnson during the campaign was picked up for claiming that the EU wanted to fulfil {Godwin's Law}'s ambitions by other means. He was lambasted for the sin of mentioning {Godwin's Law}, but not tackled on the central point he was making."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-36620426

#53 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:39 AM

I'm happy for the Brexit, because whenever the Brits try to claim intellectual and cultural superiority over the US, we can just yell in their face "BREXIT!!!"

It's like the ultimate trump card now. Thanks, UK (soon to be totes not united)!!

#54 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:10 AM

Hope this force onwards some kind of new unions. And I hope the UK dosent succumb to extreme intolereance, rasism and fanatism among groups, that would surely break it apart. Why the Scots want to join EU is beyond me, I read about them wishing to join the Nordic council but that was a few years ago, you are welcome Scotland IMO.
EU was rushed from the beginning and way to irrational with border rules and such. And now, EU have become some kind of hostage to the madman in Turkey. To point it bluntly.

My dream is that someday there will be an uniting of all nordic countries and the brits under a Nordic Union, maybe a Nordic-Baltic union with Latvia, Lithauen and Estland too.
Share tech, resources, aid and really make that part of the world a powerhouse. While having a decent relationship with the other bigger powers of the world.

#55 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:23 AM

This is an interesting piece, people of weak constitution take care :)

Yesterday i voted to remain

#56 Baelfire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 04:07 AM

View PostBurke IV, on 25 June 2016 - 09:52 AM, said:

5th largest world economy, would be enhanced by the addtion of ireland. They going to make an example of us are they?

The Brexit is not declared yet, the negotiations for the exit have not even begun and your government has already declared that they want to keep the access to the EU domestic market. Because even your Brexit-supporters understand, that access to this market is crucial for your economy.

If the EU does not want "that power on their door step" all they have to do is to say "no access to the domestic market for you".They do not need some super secret conspiracy, taxes and custom duties will do that job just fine.

Edit: i deleted some stuff, because all important things have already bee said and i'm not in the mood for another round of discussion. Not because "my world collapsed", because my world is feeling fine right now (i just learned that i'm going to become an Uncle in a few month. Posted Image ). Let's just hope for the best, despite the dark omens.

Edited by Baelfire, 27 June 2016 - 04:34 AM.

#57 Burke IV

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:08 AM

Congratulations.

The dithering its beginning to annoy me now cause they will tank they enconomy and then others will say told you so. there is a petition now to force the declaration of article 50.

meanwhile lefty bed wetting is just hilarious

#58 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

This is the best analysis I found so far.

http://www.perc.org....logy-of-brexit/

#59 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:12 PM

Nice to see Britain taking back its sovereignty. From the U.S. to them, "Good show, chaps!"

#60 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 07:08 PM

View PostTordin, on 26 June 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

Why the Scots want to join EU is beyond me

Scotland receives more money from the EU than they put in, votes stay.

England puts more money into the EU than they get back, votes leave.

View PostBurke IV, on 26 June 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

This is an interesting piece, people of weak constitution take care Posted Image

Yesterday i voted to remain

That's part of the reason I switched my stance on brexit.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 27 June 2016 - 07:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users