433 replies to this topic

#41 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:51 PM

View PostAmazingOnionMan, on 30 June 2016 - 10:22 AM, said:

The last FW-event made me take an extended break from the game. But I'm only a few paltry LPs away from a promotion, so I might fill in a spot or two.

Nice to know that some loyalists have not yet maxed out their reward tiers, of course, the Mercs got shiny new ones with Phase III

#42 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:54 PM

Worth noting that this event runs through the 6th, which helps a bit. I never really did play FW but a few extra days makes it a bit more likely to dip a toe in and see how it all goes.

#43 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:59 PM

Initial Review, "Operation: Frontline - Faction Play Event" ---

<*checks requirements for rewards*>

Hmm... All actually looks reasonable here. Alright, good. :)

<*checks time allowed for the event*>

Wait a minute... DAMNIT! PGI, you ALMOST had another perfect review from me! Then I see you've given only six meager days, where I can tell you TWO WEEKS are going to be NEEDED for any chance at both Grand Prizes!!! Please put the proper time extension there in advance right now, before you have people upset for running into time-related walls due to this happening in the summer! I would have liked to think that you learned far more lessons from the last 'Faction Warfare'-related event! :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "If PGI had enough Common Sense, they could get more perfect reviews from me!" Devnull

(p.s.: And before anybody else thinks about me being one of those people who wanders off to do other games, I can tell you I'm not one of those nut jobs who wastes their time that way.)

#44 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:06 PM

Clan JF has almost every big name merc in the game. Going to be a challenge. Hopefully some good fights.

#45 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:15 PM

Waiting times 15 Min+ for Scouting... :(

#46 owlNOLA

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:20 PM

This is boring waiting for a que just to pop up.

#47 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 30 June 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

Initial Review, &quot;Operation: Frontline - Faction Play Event&quot; ---

&lt;*checks requirements for rewards*&gt;

Hmm... All actually looks reasonable here. Alright, good. :)

&lt;*checks time allowed for the event*&gt;

Wait a minute... DAMNIT! PGI, you ALMOST had another perfect review from me! Then I see you've given only six meager days, where I can tell you TWO WEEKS are going to be NEEDED for any chance at both Grand Prizes!!! Please put the proper time extension there in advance right now, before you have people upset for running into time-related walls due to this happening in the summer! I would have liked to think that you learned far more lessons from the last 'Faction Warfare'-related event! :angry:

~Mr. D. V. &quot;If PGI had enough Common Sense, they could get more perfect reviews from me!&quot; Devnull

(p.s.: And before anybody else thinks about me being one of those people who wanders off to do other games, I can tell you I'm not one of those nut jobs who wastes their time that way.)

Agreed, two weekend sound good. I can't play until Saturday evening. I doubt I can get both prizes with 6 days. I'm already starting the "Please PGI extend the event" whining thread :)

#48 Frytrixa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

oh, its still Streakcrow/ SPL-Crow meta?!
-no thanks

#49 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:03 PM

If this event was made to bring more (new) players to FP, Long Tom will take care that it will be an epic fail.

#50 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:09 PM

PASS. Its nice to actually have fluff narrative to go along with an event, however its not worth the time to play an underdeveloped and underpopulated Faction War.
Maps still need work, game mechanics need work, etc etc. Its simply not worth the wasted time and effort to be your guinea pig (again).
Especially when nothing has changed in terms of FW. Give us a better reason to be interested in a que to get slaughtered by 12 man teams for us smaller units. A comms wheel barely scratches the surface on the tools and mechanics this game requires.

#51 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

Let's see who I'm fighting for this weekend...

and the winner is Clan Smoke Jaguar. 20% pay bonus contract.

Edited by Dee Eight, 30 June 2016 - 02:34 PM.

#52 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:37 PM

wait times less than 3 minutes, two win both over 50 score..

then remembered how damn dull scouting mode is

#53 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:39 PM

Choke-point warrior online leaves me feeling grizzled and all sinewy inside... my throat.

#54 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostFrytrixa, on 30 June 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

oh, its still Streakcrow/ SPL-Crow meta?!
-no thanks

not for me. I don't own any. I'll be scouting in myst lynxs, kitfoxs and shadowcats depending on my mood at the time. I'm just gonna run scout matches till I get the nova, Maybe I'll roll a D3 before each match and see which mech I get.

#55 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:43 PM

View PostCathy, on 30 June 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

wait times less than 3 minutes, two win both over 50 score..

then remembered how damn dull scouting mode is

thanks to the event, i'm sure it'd be possible to get the nova in 3-4 hours of solid play. Hopefully the players with artemis and streaks will remember how much ECM gets used, and will plan accordingly (with probes and tag lasers).

#56 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:58 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 30 June 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

thanks to the event, i'm sure it'd be possible to get the nova in 3-4 hours of solid play. Hopefully the players with artemis and streaks will remember how much ECM gets used, and will plan accordingly (with probes and tag lasers).

I own all the mechs currently in the game, so not really the incentive, what events like this need is things you can't get, like special camo even if its weird shite, like the ARP camo's you get to grinding several million damage in world of warships for example.

Or cockpit items like the Nvidia fairy. hell if Russ turned around and said to McDonlads, sponsor an event, you get free advertising, and players that qualify, get a Ronald clown bobble head..

Anything ..different... to grab at peoples enthusiasm.

Hell I bought an Atlanta Cruiser in World of warships just for the ARP Krishma event, and I don't even like the colour or design, but it was fun and different..

#57 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

Yay, a CW event ! Bring your clubs guys the seals are comming !!!

#58 smokedmech

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:08 PM

Event like this is stupid with absurdly long queues. People want to play, not wait. Especially working people that buy a bunch of crap in game. If you wait 20 minutes in queue, you should get credited with a victory and match played and other items so that it would be worthwhile waiting in queue.

Edited by smokedmech, 30 June 2016 - 03:08 PM.

#59 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:08 PM

Ready to give it the old college try! I am, however, expecting this to be a lesson in pain.

At least I have a couple proposals to work on while I wait in queue.

#60 DivBy0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:12 PM

As Claner no club is needed. You can drop without weapon and ammo... [Long Tom] will do the job... CW is great :-(

Edited by draiocht, 09 July 2016 - 10:19 AM.
edited out vulgarity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users