#41 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:09 PM

View PostMistydove, on 28 July 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

Supply Caches and Keys are a waste of time . Remove them . If I want to gamble I would go to the Pub and play the pokies .

So you also never redeem any of those grab bag prizes? You get a free cache and a free key (which also fits any other cache you might have lying around whose content you might like better). Free gamble with as much effort as the grab bag event button clicks. Or look at the cache as a 50k c-bill prize, whatever you want.

#42 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:30 PM

I see a sad thing today.
One of the player help another to get bigger DMG.
I ask him on global chat why he helping him, and he said he want to he get bigger score.
He has 1 dmg on that game.
It is sad because 1 dmg players is a good player.
And the player who get that free dmg is always on top 5 on any event.
Sad very sad.
But Perfect Game Industry do nothing....like always.

#43 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:45 PM

View PostTalos7, on 28 July 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

View PostD V Devnull, on 28 July 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

Pre-Review, 2016 July/August "Lights Fight Leaderboard and Personal Challenge Event" ---

Well, here I am again, so let's see what we've got. Posted Image

<*checks Time Limits, Personal Challenges, and the Rewards*> Posted Image

Well, I'm surprised. This time, I really can't complain about the event at all. In my opinion, PGI has finally made an Event that gets a Perfect Review from me, because it's not lacking anywhere. It has enough time provided for the Personal Challenge part of the Event. The Requirements to beat each part of the Personal Challenge look proper and reasonable within the Time Limits that have been provided. To complete the puzzle, PGI has provided Rewards equally fitting of each of the Personal Challenge's various parts. There are zero faults here, as far as I'm concerned. To PGI, I say this... Please maintain the formula for the Personal Challenges from this Event in future events of this type, for you have finally done it right. Posted Image

As for me, I'll just simply see you all out on the battlefield. Posted Image

Even though I do find the LeaderBoard part of this kind of Event to usually be a tad bloodthirsty, I'll probably try to take a swing at some point anyway. BTW, I'm going to bypass any kind of review for the LeaderBoard part of this Event exactly because of both that bloodthirstiness, and the fact of those having been locked in a certain formula for too long now. Those are simply supposed to be knock-down, drag-out, all-hell-bent-loose contests. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Well done on the Personal Challenges, PGI! Everyone, I'll see you at the event!" Devnull

When did the forums start to get unofficial 'Yelp style' reviews of events? Posted Image

Quite a few months ago, and I was likely the one to start it. PGI needed easy-to-read feedback to help them tune things, and I happened to be up to the challenge. B)

Unfortunately, I typed this last review while half-asleep, because I forgot to mention one other thing. That missed item is the knowledge that I feel with this correct tuning used on this Event, Active Player Retention will remain high enough during the event for the queue to not easily slow down at all, providing plenty of good matches for everyone. Provided that PGI sticks with this balance and formula in future such events, they should not see another Review from me with less than a Perfect Rating. ^_^

Now, something interesting...

View PostDee Eight, on 28 July 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

I like the new progress status bar on the challenge goals.

I haven't seen this yet. I'll be looking for it. Thank you for the heads-up. :huh:

And then there's this...

View PostMichal R, on 28 July 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

I see a sad thing today.
One of the player help another to get bigger DMG.
I ask him on global chat why he helping him, and he said he want to he get bigger score.
He has 1 dmg on that game.
It is sad because 1 dmg players is a good player.
And the player who get that free dmg is always on top 5 on any event.
Sad very sad.
But Perfect Game Industry do nothing....like always.

You should use the Support Links to contact PGI, or open a thread in a more appropriate section of the MWO Forums about the matter. Failing those, you should contact a PGI Staff Member in-game through the appropriate methods. Make sure to provide info about the Match Round TimeStamp from the list of games recorded (marked as "Your Games" on the Tournament Page) that you played in during this Event so far, as well as what Mechs you can remember being in the Round. Nobody is allowed to be trying to "game the system" during an event, and PGI has mentioned before that they frown on such behavior from players, to put it lightly. Maybe you can ask them to take action and make it easy while you do, instead of being vague about it here and trying to make them search through all the rounds that you played? Like, go, do it, NOW. :ph34r:

And as for me, I need to get myself out onto the battlefield already... Soooo overdue after spending some downtime... Who knows who I will see there... ;)

~Mr. D. V. "Alright... NOW I'M INBOUND!!!" Devnull

#44 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:49 PM

This is a joke right? First you nerf Lights to the rock bottom and then you make an event, trying ti incentive players to pilot the recently nerfed chassis'?

#45 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:28 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 28 July 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

This is a joke right? First you nerf Lights to the rock bottom and then you make an event, trying ti incentive players to pilot the recently nerfed chassis'?

Maybe PGI is trying to gather data in order to rebalance the Mech Quirks? Having an Event would help them to do so. Maybe they will finally see now how OverKill their Quirk-Nerfs were on the Catapult and Nova, and many other Mechs? Wouldn't that still be a winning proposition for you? Come on, dive in, give them some feedback already! Maybe we can get things in that regard to be fixed! :)

~D. V. "Play-To-Repair (P2R), perhaps?" Devnull

#46 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:36 AM

That's a pretty cool event, I hope I get time to try it. Personally when I play lights I actually hate wasting time fighting other lights, I prefer taking on all the other mech classes starting from Assaults. Is anyone else the same?

#47 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:52 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 29 July 2016 - 01:28 AM, said:

Maybe PGI is trying to gather data in order to rebalance the Mech Quirks? Having an Event would help them to do so. Maybe they will finally see now how OverKill their Quirk-Nerfs were on the Catapult and Nova, and many other Mechs? Wouldn't that still be a winning proposition for you? Come on, dive in, give them some feedback already! Maybe we can get things in that regard to be fixed! Posted Image

~D. V. "Play-To-Repair (P2R), perhaps?" Devnull

That's a remarkably positive mind set but with the awful pain its going to be in no xp lights vs max xp streak boats...

I'll run out the Ravens and Jenners I had sitting around waiting till I had enough c-bills to out fit them from scratch (which were then nerfed savagely into the ground) but I have to accept in advance that this weekend will be incredibly frustrating.

#48 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:03 AM

Hey PGI... the Mist is in Mist Lynx isn't spelt Myst...

#49 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:29 AM

View PostAramuside, on 29 July 2016 - 01:52 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

That's a remarkably positive mind set but with the awful pain its going to be in no xp lights vs max xp streak boats...

I'll run out the Ravens and Jenners I had sitting around waiting till I had enough c-bills to out fit them from scratch (which were then nerfed savagely into the ground) but I have to accept in advance that this weekend will be incredibly frustrating.

I already well-understand that Piloting Lights is a mind-numbing, frustrating matter. I'm just being optimistic that PGI will see the errors they made during their last Quirk Pass, and do partial un-Nerf'ing on some Mediums and Heavies only sufficiently to the point that they are back in balance and really do give Lights a proper chunk of trouble in combat. Good luck to you in combat, and see you out on the battlefields. ;)

View PostStormie, on 29 July 2016 - 02:03 AM, said:

Hey PGI... the Mist is in Mist Lynx isn't spelt Myst...

You know what they say... "Misspellings Happen"... :P

~D. V. "All those errors... Repairs are in order." Devnull

#50 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:53 AM

View PostTheCharlatan, on 28 July 2016 - 10:55 PM, said:

I forsee complaints about lights (both being OP and UP), and streaks (both being OP and UP), and ACH (just being OP).

So, pretty much like every other day then?

;)

However, did experience something "new".

Clans complaining that IS are to fast, heavies being to fast.

#51 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:21 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 29 July 2016 - 02:29 AM, said:

I already well-understand that Piloting Lights is a mind-numbing, frustrating matter. I'm just being optimistic that PGI will see the errors they made during their last Quirk Pass, and do partial un-Nerf'ing on some Mediums and Heavies only sufficiently to the point that they are back in balance and really do give Lights a proper chunk of trouble in combat. Good luck to you in combat, and see you out on the battlefields. Posted Image

You know what they say... "Misspellings Happen"... Posted Image

~D. V. "All those errors... Repairs are in order." Devnull

5 matches in new adders as suddenly realised they were on sale and always wanted to try them - 5 deaths to clan streak heavies and clan LRM assaults with spl support.

Yup as utterly pointless as I suspected. I'll go back to other mechs and level AFTER this competition.

#52 Ooorky

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:28 AM

#53 Wulfen

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:55 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 28 July 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but my Locust feels just fine.

Edited by Wulfen, 29 July 2016 - 05:55 AM.

#54 Jables McBarty

• 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:24 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 29 July 2016 - 01:36 AM, said:

That's a pretty cool event, I hope I get time to try it. Personally when I play lights I actually hate wasting time fighting other lights, I prefer taking on all the other mech classes starting from Assaults. Is anyone else the same?

I was thinking the same thing.

I say: ALL LIGHT PILOTS, UNITE! DO NOT FIGHT YOUR LIGHT BRETHREN UNTIL ALL FATTIES AND MEDIUMS HAVE BEEN DESTROYED!

Collusion? Yes.

Good idea? Also yes.

Light queue was pushing a monstrous 35% last night.

#55 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:26 AM

So much juicy, crispy, little chickens running around for my spirit bear
OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

#56 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:01 AM

View PostMirage Jenius, on 28 July 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

Getting into top 75 is pretty doable for a good player and that's a bunch of free consumables at least. Top 50 isn't that hard either. Anywayz good luck everyone and remember to leg the skillcrows.

I was top25 with the Viper-D, and Top 50 with the Viper-C and Top 75 with Viper-B. I got top 50 and 75 results during the kodiak leaderboard. I got a top-75 in my shadowcats during the medium mechs leaderboard. I think I'm gonna aim for the kitfox board this time primarily, but I expect my spiders to get a workout too.

#57 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:11 AM

Amazing event, PGI. All that warping, rubberbanding, damage not detecting - I don't think I ever saw this being THAT bad.

#58 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:30 AM

I guess PGI did it because they wanted data on light mechs.

Too bad though, that during this even the top dogs (heavy mechs) are less played but mostly the trash tier mechs (light mechs). Which means that the data doesn't reflect the fragility when lights are in the "usual" quickplay environment. Which is dominated by said heavies

#59 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:00 AM

A noob like me I've never had any chance on previous challenges to be even on top 100. Now I'm 10th on Mist Lynx, which was far better mech than I thought it would. Though I don't know if this is temporarely due to larger amount of light mechs playing. Without the sale I probably wouldn't have tried any light mech after sucking so much with Locust.

I probably will drop though but hopefully I'll stay in top 50.

#60 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:16 PM

View PostJables McBarty, on 29 July 2016 - 07:24 AM, said:

Light queue was pushing a monstrous 35% last night.

I saw it up at 41%+ for Lights. I wonder how much higher it can go. ;)

View PostThe Basilisk, on 29 July 2016 - 07:26 AM, said:

So much juicy, crispy, little chickens running around for my spirit bear
OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Lucky shot... LOL <_<

View PostLorginir, on 29 July 2016 - 08:11 AM, said:

Amazing event, PGI. All that warping, rubberbanding, damage not detecting - I don't think I ever saw this being THAT bad.

Perhaps they'll fix all these issues by the next Patch? Maybe they're using this event to get data on what mistakes they have yet to correct. Or not... LOL :P

On other notes, I'm currently finding my Support-Style Catapult CPLT-C4 to be a little too squishy. I wonder if people are failing to use teamwork, and just leaving it out to die. -_-

~D. V. "A little sick of dying in Heavies that should actually be able to battle..." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users