Replacing Invasion: A Case And Outline For Mwo Rush As The Only Game Mode We'll Ever Need.

Gameplay Maps Mode

101 replies to this topic

#101 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 September 2016 - 02:14 AM

If such a thing was possible, oh the joy, but alas...

#102 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:09 AM

Here's a few points I would like to make, concering the OP's Rush mode idea:

1) I've been saying that almost since I've started playing the game a year ago.. hehe :-P

2) The game mode would definitely make the gameplay more interesting, sure, but it would not completely fix FW without adding planetary value and immersive descriptions to every planet. By planetary value, I don't just mean MC for holding planets. I mean cheaper mechs for holding mech-factoried worlds, specific chassis availability for holding specific worlds, the same with weapons and equipment and such, certain planets could provide other bonuses, MC, cbills, and such.

3) The game mode you suggest could potentially be horribly one-sided with the current dropdeck assortment. If the defenders saaay, smash the first attacker's wave to bits, and then get pummeled by their second wave, the attackers are in a great disadvantage with damaged mechs. The different stages should be time-delayed or separate, and a player should be able to choose a single mech to drop into for the stage at hand, with the ability to choose the right mech for the task and the terrain.
Or simply let the players repair their mechs perhapse.. Both for attackers and defenders. The trick is to provide the feel of several linked missions in an invasion of a planet. You would want to drop a different mech for a different stage..

4) Much of the current game resources could be used, and as I've actually suggested before, current maps can be used, just link them in a row, and provide different objectives that fit the map. Different for each "rush map" or mini-campaign.

5) Force certain mech types for certain stages, like first stage is scouting, so only light and medium mechs, second stage is assaults and heavy's, and 3rd stage what ever you wanna bring..
Or in the case you want realism, you could add a variant in witch you only get to bring ONE mech for the whole invasion, but you get to repair and modify it's loadout (only from preset mech loadouts) between stages. This idea is actually more realistic to a real invasion, where resources are limited and you have to jury-rig your gear if you want to be on the next offensive..

Edited by Vellron2005, 30 September 2016 - 03:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users