35 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:43 AM

I thought that I would share an evil thought with everyone. BWAH HA HA HA.

Step 1: Create a nice looking pamlet (one page) in support of Cthulhu's reign.Posted Image

Step 2: Identify the residences of several Jehovah's Witnesses. Posted Image

Step 3. Stick the pamlet in their door while they are at church. Posted Image

After all, turnabout is fair play.Posted Image

#2 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 13 August 2016 - 07:26 AM, said:

Question, how many pentagrams should I use?

Minimum of 6 ?
Maybe also achieve instant visual overload by having 666 pentagrams on that pamphlet ?

Poor JW´s, kekekeke

#3 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:24 AM

I prefer a more direct approach.

Unfortunately they only ever call when I am out & only my wife is in.

Thusly "The Hose" as I call it has yet to be used in anger, though initial tests on wifey are very promising.

#4 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:43 AM

View PostZimm Kotare, on 13 August 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

Thusly "The Hose" as I call it has yet to be used in anger, though initial tests on wifey are very promising.

Poor wife !
I hope she gets her regular revenges on ya, Zimm :P

#5 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 13 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

Martok: "over the course of our marriage, I've won more than my fair share of battles between us; but in the end, I know - she... will win the war."

#6 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:11 AM

View PostZimm Kotare, on 13 August 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

Please, I want a video of the event when you succeed. lol.

#7 Inner Wolf

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:31 AM

Sad...

I know quite a few of Jehovah's witnesses... Me and probably everyone posting anti-JW garbage has a relative SOMEWHERE in their family tree that is one. I never understand why people hate them so much.

#8 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:38 AM

View PostInner Wolf, on 20 August 2016 - 06:31 AM, said:

Sad...

I know quite a few of Jehovah's witnesses... Me and probably everyone posting anti-JW garbage has a relative SOMEWHERE in their family tree that is one. I never understand why people hate them so much.

They are relentless and through that obnoxious in their quest to spread their religion further ?
Also, I dont hate on them, I pity them, for they, like all the other cling-ons of all institutionalized religions , have lost the true way of being a human .

#9 Inner Wolf

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:37 AM

What is ignorant about hope?

To me, scientifically speaking alone the JW's are more progressive than any other religion.

They found hope in what they have learned and...want to share that hope with other people. My wife is a devout witness and I have never known a kinder, funnier, more giving person in my life.

If you don't want them to come by...ask them to put your name/address on their do not call lists. Simple as that. They try to respect the wishes of people that are sincerely uninterested.

Edited by Inner Wolf, 20 August 2016 - 07:38 AM.

#10 Inner Wolf

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:01 AM

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Do you teach evolution?

Edit: No...I am not making snarky questions. I wouldn't disrespect your personal beliefs like that. I sincerely ask...

Edited by Inner Wolf, 20 August 2016 - 08:14 AM.

#11 Inner Wolf

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:20 AM

LOL...I agree totally that it is ridiculously easy to start a religion based on anything...then take advantage of tax breaks.

I am more believing that things were created with adaptability. Human tissue develops scars... our bodies adapt to exposure to any element we live in. People living in deserts etc... The human body alone is too advanced a piece of machinery to have come together by chance.

I wonder this. If evolution is fact...what hope is there for humans when we die? Our bodies SHOULD recycle their cells to live longer...even forever. We all naturally ponder these things.

Where is the next step in evolution for mankind...shouldn't we already see evidence of it?

#12 Inner Wolf

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:43 AM

No thanks. I appreciate the offer and sincerely hope the best for you and yours.

#13 Inner Wolf

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:05 AM

The Bible has more scientifically accurate information in it...than people give it credit for having. Many religions have created such a mess that people are repulsed by them. They are deadlocked in old, dark aged, confusing doctrines so that people (like me) are forced to look elsewhere for answers that make sense.

If you were to check out their OFFICIAL website and do searches for scientific information...you may be surprised. I have been.

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:29 PM

you know mormons are very easy to detect with opencv, given the pretty distinct outfit they wear when they are trying to proceletize. just hook it up to the sprinkler system and you are in buisness.

#15 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 21 August 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

I like the mormons though. Free yard work.

how dare they try to mow my lawn.

i just dont like religions who get in your buisness and try to push their faith. like i dont already have my own beliefs (in nothing). religion first and foremost is a power structure. you got some charismatic dictator at the top of the pyramid, under the guise of some predefined religious doctrine, convincing insecure idiots to go out and farm members so that they can buy a more expensive bmw every 3 months.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 August 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#16 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:41 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 20 August 2016 - 10:17 AM, said:

Not the book of Genesis.

There's a slideshow here that covers that.

https://sixdayscience.com/six-days-2/

#17 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:29 PM

first off, you can stop calling intelligent design a theory. its not. its an untested hypothesis. a theory requires actual data from actual experiments, and those findings have to be peer reviewed. you cant just write a bunch of bs down and call it science.

as for generalizing religions, its really hard to tell em all apart, they all use the same damn symbol (a torture-murder device at that). ive never had a muslim, hindi, buddist, wiccan or jew knock on my door and tell me that im going to hell or wherever just because i think they are full of crap. so they have a higher standing in my book. if you try to knock on my door and waste my time in spite of the big sign that politely tells religious propagandists to go away and not litter my porch with their fliers, im going to rapidly develop extremely hostile opinions about their religion.

and if you are part of a religion you should really find the people doing this stuff and tell them to show some damn restraint and have some respect for other peoples beliefs, their time and especially their property. it only makes you look bad if people from your church throw insults at me and leave a mess of fliers on my doorstep for me to clean up. and its almost always the christians that are doing this.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 August 2016 - 08:38 PM.

#18 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 21 August 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

This slideshow is inaccurate on quite a number of things.

We never accept the universe had a beginning because we don't know what was before the Big Bang (more accurately called now the Rapid Expansion event) as it has been postulated that it could be a looping event, an event that is caused by a multi-verse and a number of other things. None of which require a god. Also left overs from the Big Bang also include: Dark Matter, Dark Energy (both whose effects can be seen by Gravitational Lensing), Anti-Matter, Quantum fluctuations etc.

Next this entire slideshow is literally just: Gap Theory and doesn't even touch on Evolution... cause I guess that is still off limits in the Christian world despite the overwhelming evidence for it. The problem is that the Bible still states that the animals were created as they are. Not that they evolved. Then we have a ton of other discrepancies such as: humans living hundreds of years (no evidence), bible stating all those animals were vegetarians, and tons of other stuff that makes no sense when compared to science and observation. Also this article is wrong that only God watched the clock. I think they forgot about the angels, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

That slideshow really only says that in order to make the Bible line up with science, you have to bend it completely.

Also if you are going by a Biblical way: we are not getting Genesis from God's perspective. Remember god dictated the book of Genesis to Moses, and said those were days, in the time when Moses was alive to write it. If that is true, then those days correspond to Earthly 23.8 hour days.

There are also huge problems because remember Earth was created like the first or second day (don't care which because this next part contradicts science) but stars weren't made till the fourth if I remember correctly. If that is true then there are HUGE discrepancies with light travel from the stars to Earth because (according to the Bible) God is the one who stretched the heavens, meaning he had to stretch the heavens so quickly from Earth that they would actually break apart before they were as far away as they are today. AND the way they appear to us would be completely different as well due to the rate at which light travels.

I have spent years of my life debating against Creationists and the Bible. There are to many inconsistencies and scientific errors in the book of genesis for it to be taken literally.

I actually take that the Book of Genesis represents the discovery and development of Agriculture in society. And I also think it was just a superstitious way to explain the universe to desert dwelling, genocidal, nomadic maniacs that prided themselves on murdering Midianites.

The materialist perspective is defined by the notion that its irrational to consider anything which lacks evidence. If there's no evidence for something existing before the big bang, the materialist must view that as irrational to maintain consistency. A religious person could believe in a universe before the big bang, its ok for religious people to have faith & believe in things which lack evidence. Materialists however cannot believe in things which are outside materialism. Materialists also cannot believe in multiverses or parallel dimensions as these are things which lack evidence to support them.

Evolution is overrated and agenda driven imo. People knew what evolution was and practiced it in terms of domesticating dogs and crossbreeding species thousands of years before Darwin was born. Its inaccurate to say evolution is science. There are parts of evolution that are science and parts that are philosophy. The concept that evolution is a blind process is philosophy. There are also problems with evolution as it exists. Evolution theorizes that gradual changes over long periods of time can explain the fossil record. The problem with that is, the fossil record isn't defined by gradual changes but rather by short term explosions.

There is also evidence that when life evolved from the sea based creatures to land based creatures they already had the DNA for limbs, legs & other organs they would need to be well adapted to live in a different environment. I'm not sure if the bible not being literal in terms of Adam being created from dust applies. The bible is known to use figurative language and symbolism. Adam could be symbolically represented as coming from dust in terms of organic life coming from inorganic matter.

The size of an organism depends on the size of its environment. Species living on islands tend to be dwarf sized. The same species living on a larger land mass will be larger. Longevity and life expectancy could also be linked to various environmental factors. I've seen studies that claimed the maximum theoretical lifespan for a human is around 600 years. The stories of biblical figures living centuries may not be that farfetched.

Does the bible state all living things were vegetarians? I've read through it in its entirely about 3x. Not lately though. That could make sense. Single cellular life and previous eras of history could be defined by not being carnivorous. The slideshow cites a verse that explicitly states God's time works differently than mortal time. Psalm 90:4: "For from your viewpoint a thousand years are merely like yesterday or a night watch." Which basically means a thousand years are like a single day to God.

The expansion rate of the universe is also an argument for the existence of God.

"If the rate of expansion one second after the big
bang had been smaller by even one part in a hundred thousand million
million, the universe would have recollapsed before it ever reached its present
size. On the other hand, if the expansion rate at one second had been larger
by the same amount, the universe would have expanded so much that it would
be effectively empty now."
--Stephen Hawking

I've been interested in these topics since before 2005.

There's a lot of stuff, most aren't aware of.

View PostLordNothing, on 21 August 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

and if you are part of a religion you should really find the people doing this stuff and tell them to show some damn restraint and have some respect for other peoples beliefs, their time and especially their property. it only makes you look bad if people from your church throw insults at me and leave a mess of fliers on my doorstep for me to clean up. and its almost always the christians that are doing this.

.The media is biased when it comes to religion.

#19 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:24 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 22 August 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

Physics denies the existence of "nothing". As described by Lawrence Krauss "Nothing actually has quite a lot in it."

Also why is it logical to consider stuff without evidence? Is it logical to throw a man in prison without evidence of his crime?

Science is about coming to an understanding of the universe and when you bring up something which doesn't hold any scientific value at all, why would you expect anything other than them not caring about it? You can't prove god, can't prove the Bible, can't prove anything. In fact the Bible is so contradicting, has so many inaccuracies, etc there is barely any reason to consider anything in it.

Many refused to consider climate change until they had hard evidence. That didn't seem to work particularly well for us. It might be a bit inflexible and rigid to refuse to consider things until after they're proven.

One might say people chasing things they can't prove are what fuels advancement and innovation in civilization. The first man to fly across the atlantic. The first man on the moon. There are many things that can't be proven until they are done & this is where accomplishments that increase our comprehension & standard of living come from. If that's not too corny lol.

"Evolution is agenda driven," means you know nothing about what science is.

Also you are HUGELY wrong about the fossil record. Just look at Apes to humans. We have quite a few species over a long period of time showing a small change leading to major differences over long amount of time. Exactly how evolution sees it.

Also study Phylogeny, which explains TONS of this in detail using genetics. Your argument has been disproven by science already and is a typical argument of someone who doesn't understand what the fossil record is, or just how many fossils and transitional forms we have.

Again study phylogeny, which details how this evolution came about. Also we didn't already have the information for legs and such. Also if you are wondering, Miller and Urey proved that inorganic material can become organic material completely naturally.

If evolution has been on going for millions of years. The question about evolution is, did man evolve from apes gradually as evolution claims. Or did the process happen quickly. The evidence says it happened very quickly which would seem to contradict what evolution says about gradual changes over long periods of time.

Also its been said that the transition from single celled to multi cellular organisms didn't happen gradually. Something like 99% of the fossil record are purely composed of single celled organisms. Then at the 1% mark we have an explosion of multi cellular organisms emerging. Those are parts of the fossil record and evolution methodology that some creationists question.

I think that if evolution had no relation to God or religion, it wouldn't be so much in the public eye. In that sense it might be agenda driven. Its something that can be used to try to tear down traditionalism and traditional moral values / religion and so that is why its so heavily emphasized.

There ya go.

Also if you take Psalms literally that still only means that the days of Creation were 6000 years meaning a Biblical Earth is only 12,000 years old. And if you take Psalms literally you also have: the flying Ziz (or Griffin), Cherubim, and the Abaddon. Yeah sure you want to take it literally because it is about as mythical and metaphorical as it gets.

Did you ever get the impression that verse merely existed to establish that god's eternal nature and nothing more?

I honestly don't know. I like that the bible is open to interpretation & that parts of it are ambiguous and vague. That uncertainty isn't easy to deal with but I feel like it was intended to encourage people to think and learn & possibly sharpen their critical thinking.

There is no 100% legit answer. But like a rorschach test, the response people give can be interesting.

Or you know this thing called the Rapid Expansion event which has a ton of evidence to support it, hence why it is a THEORY (something backed up by facts and evidence).

There's also something called fine tuning which stacks a number of extreme statistical unlikely events on top of the expansion of the universe statistical improbability.

https://en.wikipedia...-tuned_Universe

So what? Just means the Big Bang still happened and nothing more. Who cares? Slim chances doesn't mean no chances, and frankly you never consider that because of physics that was the only way that the universe could form to begin with.

Its the history of it that's relevent. For centuries people thought the universe had no beginning or end & that genesis was wrong for suggesting such a thing. I've also seen possibly agenda based research come out where people have tried to create alternate theories to the big bang, possibly in an effort to get around the bible having its little point about the universe having a beginning.

The thing about multiverses is, they're designed to explain the unlikely odds. Science has no explanation for the statistical unlikelihood of the universe & so they simply assume there are an infinite number of multiverses / parallel universes & the one we're in is simply the parallel universe where a number of statistically impossible things happened which allowed life to exist.

The media is biased against anyone who doesn't like Black Lives Matter, Feminism, and other horrible things going on. Won't say anything about Egalitarianism and its goal to achieve equal rights.

Also religion did kind of have it coming, given the homosexual marriage, transgender bathrooms, etc all of which led to Christians and Muslims all over the country sending in death threats and preaching to their followers to kill those said people.

BTW saying how long you have been interested in a topic does not mean you are right. The fact that you say that to help your position, which is a fallacy.

BlackLivesMatter is an attempt to spin class warfare & wealth / wage inequality into minorities blaming whites, rather than minorities blaming the wealthy, banks, elites and so on. New age / 3rd wave feminism is an attempt to redefine feminism in the way that gender fluid movements are attempts to redefine traditional gender roles and so on.

A lot of new age social movements are attempts to redefine or destroy peoples sense of identity, value systems and other things that have served positive roles in society. In the way some atheists believe destroying religion and sources of morality like religion will lead to a more moral world.

In past eras, blacks were proud of being educated and having an education. That sense of identity was replaced with the pop culture mainstream idea that all black people should be gangsters or thugs. That blacks who pursued education were "trying to be white".

Religion being attacked fulfills a similar role. If peoples values, many of which are defined by religion are destroyed they can be replaced by anything mainstream pop culture tells us they should be. It may be the ultimate form of mind control.

#20 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

Since my attempt to pick out individual text items failed, I am simply going to refer to a couple of threads with my own comments.

True, those who practice WICCA or Pagans in general do not believe in the Christian concept of hell, or in the devil. These religions pre-date Christian beliefs. Some aspects of the Christian belief are a carry over from another religion called Zoroastrianism, as well as a couple of others that I don't think exist anymore. (Glad Christians didn't adopt the towers of the dead). I don't know how much of the "Old Testament" found within the Christian religion is also found in the Jewish faith. To many people died during the Inquisition, accused of being witches and thus worshiping the devil, when those who claim to be witches don't even believe in said entity or whatever it is.

As far as chasing after the unobtainable, that is what dreams are made of, the reason mankind has crossed oceans, created various machines, and reached out to the stars. We as a species (man) has set foot on the moon. Without the desire to do so, we would never have accomplished this feat. A hundred years from now we will be amazed by what we have accomplished (provided that we don't blast our selves to bits), just as we are amazed at the things we have accomplished within the last one hundred years. The only way to do this is to overcome our distrust of other nations, and strive to be better if we are ever truly reach out and explore the universe that is around us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users