Buying Colors And Patterns For Mc

21 replies to this topic

#1 Fredpunk

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:36 AM

Hello people, is it worth buying permanent camo unlocks and colors, or is it just better to go with one shot patterns?

#2 Hans Brackhaus

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:56 AM

Stick with the one-shot patterns. Permanent unlocks are not worth it at all.

The colors? I balked at the individual prices and have yet to buy any. All mine have come as part of the faction content included in the Resistance 2 pack. If you're interested in going that route, I'd definitely recommend it. I'd have a much harder time recommending buying individual colors. Maybe if there's a decent sale.

#3 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:06 AM

First off, you can get a lot of colors via c-bills (expensive but permanent).

Secondly, as Hans has stated, you can also get colors through buying certain mechpacks or sometimes as early adopters rewards.

But... If its your favorite color... And you simply must have it... On every mech you will ever have... Well then go for it and buy the perm unlock. Eventually your stable will probably get so large that perms most likelly will be worth it.

If not, then stick with one-shots.

Remember, with one shots, if you change that paint location even once, (saved camo spec) then its gone for good... Like fake face paint, once its washed off... You just lost your fake tattoo.

So remember, if you need all your mechs to have that hot pink... Or neon green... Or what ever... Just bite the bullet

#4 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:07 AM

Colors and camos (one shot and unlocks) are on sale once in a while. i would wait for that, considering how expensive they can get.

I personally use oneshots only.

#5 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

I go with one shot camo..

colors, there are 5 you can get for 1.25m C-bills.. I actually use them on tons of builds..

the Mech packs that have 4 classes Clan wave II, III, clan origins pack and resistance I, II all have colors that come with, and camo, either some have 12, 24 or 26 if you buy the full pack, less if you buy the smaller versions of the pack. Check store for info..

colors go on sale for 50% off on occasion, but the color sales are kinda few and far between.. Also you can occasionally earn colors during events.

Once you own a color, it can be used on any mech. there are no one shot colors.. Though i think faction camo, is colored, but that doesn't unlock the colors for other mechs..

Edited by JC Daxion, 20 August 2016 - 11:30 AM.

#6 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:21 PM

Always One Shot, even if you want the same camo on multiple variants of the same mech.

Colors are definitely worth buying, as they apply to every mech in your hangar. I usually wait for sales though,

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 12:48 PM

View PostFredpunk, on 20 August 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

Hello people, is it worth buying permanent camo unlocks and colors, or is it just better to go with one shot patterns?

Depends. Do you collect 'Mechs? If you love a chassis enough to want all the variants, much cheaper to go perm camo. Otherwise go one shot.

I own a lot of camo and colors, I also collect 'Mechs so permanent is far more cost effective since I change them often too.

Ones I'm not so fond of or only kept one variant I got the one shot.

Note: if you can, wait for pattern sales.

Also colors are always perm.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:54 PM

I agree with the always one shot, the reason is unlock unlocks for that chassis only, so e.g. if you unlock Phranken for the Atlas you can apply that pattern to any Atlas (I am not sure if the special variants AS7-D(F) AS7-S(L) and AS7-BH can change patterns yet but if not that will come eventually) as often as you want , but it literally costs 10 times as much as the one shot, but if you can find it on sale at 30-50% off it may be worthwhile .

The one shot is a single application to a single Mech (but you can change colours for the pattern as often as you want) but as it costs 75-120 MC (less if you find the pattern you want on sale, although oneshots rarely go on sale) that is not a bad deal

if you want to get lots of colours the best value packs are Resistance 2 (up-to 36 colours if you buy the whole pack also including 3 variants each of 4 Mechs) or the Origions IIC pack (up-to 24 colours and 3 variants each of 4 Mechs) both cost $80 for the full pack, buy the cheaper versions of some of the older packs and you get less Mechs and colours, the colours form part of the Faction content (faction content came with the Wave 2, Resistance, Wave 3, Resistance 2 and Origions IIC packsbut the last 2 had twice as many colours per faction content pick), if you do go that route be warned it is possible to pick multiples of the same faction contant, the faction contants each included 3 or 6 colours, a pattern unlock for the chassis you purchased as part of the pack and 3 cockpit items, if you got a duplicate all you would get is duplicate cockpit items.

#9 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 06:17 PM

there are FOUR colors you can get with cbills.

Basic Purple
Basic Blue
Basic Orange
Basic Red

You start with Olive Drab.

atm, everything else costs MC.

#10 Rayvn26

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

Does adding colors or camos add anything to the game other than personal touch? Like help you help hide better?

#11 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 01:32 AM

View PostRayvn26, on 20 August 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

Does adding colors or camos add anything to the game other than personal touch? Like help you help hide better?

it can, especially in conjunction with ECM, but it requires luck, what is good camouflage for Alpine Peaks is worthless on Terra Therma

if you try to make it true camouflage it could be highly effective at disguising you on 2-4 maps but make you highly visible on 10 maps.

as there is no way to guarentee a map on which your camo will be good on will even be up for vote, let alone chosen, visual camouflage is very hit and miss

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 01:50 AM

Posted Image

Image is a few years old but it's a screen cap of one of my Cicadas sporting a scheme for forest colony. Image was used to show why I prefer to cut armor from the "head" instead of the legs as was the trend at the time. (Dark orange color-\in is the headshot box).

Some ECM cover to keep off sensors plus the color concealment does help. Thermal negates this of course, but any edge you can get right?

Generally people go for the personal touch.

#13 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:35 AM

View PostKoniving, on 21 August 2016 - 01:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

Image is a few years old but it's a screen cap of one of my Cicadas sporting a scheme for forest colony. Image was used to show why I prefer to cut armor from the "head" instead of the legs as was the trend at the time. (Dark orange color-\in is the headshot box).

Some ECM cover to keep off sensors plus the color concealment does help. Thermal negates this of course, but any edge you can get right?

Generally people go for the personal touch.

Unfortunately, with the way the shaders work, all mechs get quite a bit darker at distance, therefore I think the camo is mostly for flair purposes. People are still easily able to spot you, however, dark against a dark background is still useful. Color matching doesn't work very well however.

#14 Fredpunk

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 03:55 PM

Thank you guys for the replies. When I buy the Resistance or Wave packs, how will I be able to select the Faction Content I would like to get?

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

View PostFredpunk, on 21 August 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

Thank you guys for the replies. When I buy the Resistance or Wave packs, how will I be able to select the Faction Content I would like to get?

You're welcome.
You go here, scroll down til you see it and choose those that apply.
https://mwomercs.com/profile/content
Do yourself a favor and even if you can overlap the same faction more than once, DON'T!

Also faction patterns only unlock for the mechs you bought on resistance/wave.

#16 Fredpunk

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:04 AM

View PostKoniving, on 21 August 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

You're welcome.
You go here, scroll down til you see it and choose those that apply.
https://mwomercs.com/profile/content
Do yourself a favor and even if you can overlap the same faction more than once, DON'T!

Also faction patterns only unlock for the mechs you bought on resistance/wave.

I have seen this, however I meant Faction Content when you get the aforementioned packages. How can you choose which cockpit item or color you want?

#17 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:42 AM

View PostFredpunk, on 20 August 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

One shot pattern are cheaper, I bought a permanent pattern for Marauder but I all the chassis (3 + Hero) and there was a 35% sale some months ago.

Some time ago I was in a full white Raven 3L (ecm version) in Polar Highland with 2 ER-Large Lasers. I can assure you that in this case the color made the difference.

Edited by invernomuto, 22 August 2016 - 04:48 AM.

#18 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:05 AM

I have seen this, however I meant Faction Content when you get the aforementioned packages. How can you choose which cockpit item or color you want?

Each faction content comes with 3 or 6 colours, 3 cockpit items and a patten unlock for all the Mechs in the pack, so choose a specific faction content and you get all the things it contains

Resistance 2 is the best for extras as the whole pack comes with 6 is faction content picks allowing you to choose all 6 is faction content, with 6 colours each

To use the paten, colours and cockpit items go to the Mechlab

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 22 August 2016 - 10:46 AM.

#19 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:06 AM

View PostFredpunk, on 22 August 2016 - 03:04 AM, said:

Its based on the Factions you chose in that link after purchasing.
Sale page lists what colors etc each Faction gets.

Origins eg: https://mwomercs.com/origins
Eg Ghost Bear gets :
  • Ghost Bear Blue
  • Ghost Bear White
  • Ghost Bear Gray
  • OGB White
  • OGB Grey
  • OGB Light Blue
Jade Falcon gets

• Jade Falcon Green
  • Jade Falcon Lime
  • Jade Falcon Yellow
  • OJF ForestGreen
  • OJF LeafGreen
  • OJF Jade

Edited by Ace Selin, 22 August 2016 - 05:09 AM.

#20 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:13 AM

View PostFredpunk, on 22 August 2016 - 03:04 AM, said:

That is where it is.
Whatever it is that applies to you, whenever it applies to you, it will be on that page for you to choose and to review at later dates.
For instance, on my version of it, Resistance, and Invasion Waves 1-3 are all listed each with choices in colors. In addition, my Phoenix choices are also listed there from 2013.

Each of them has choices in faction content to choose for colors/patterns and they list the ones I chose.

It won't show until, of course, you own said package.

The paints/patterns won't deliver to you until after you choose them, and as such will deliver separately from the rest of the merchandise in the infamous blue "Account Injection" with the list of crap they sent.

Edited by Koniving, 22 August 2016 - 10:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users