1 reply to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:57 AM

I prefer to use a laptop because it is simply portable, and that's what I use to play MWO. Over the past few months I have had power issues.

This is the problem.
Quite often when I plug the computer in, after a few moments the power indicator and the battery indicator start to flash orange. The computer reads as plugged in battery not charging, and it seems to rely more on battery power than even attempting to draw from the plug. The indicator lights are flashing orange during this time. When everything is working right, they are a solid clear white.

When I turn the power off, and unplug when the lights are flashing, the computer turns off and the indicator lights go off. A few moments later the power light comes back on (orange toned) despite the fact that the computer should be turned off.

Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it?

#2 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:14 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 22 August 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

The computer reads as plugged in battery not charging

That's a common & known issue with laptops.

If the battery isnt charging, removing the battery when the laptop is turned off, turning the laptop on(via plug power) then inserting the battery while the laptop is turned on should automatically trigger the recharging process.

I had a similar problem, I think one of the windows updates screwed up my laptop & it wasnt charging normally. Not sure what fixed it but it seems to work ok now.

I play MWO on a laptop also. With a 17 inch screen it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users