#21 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:38 AM

View Postlive1991, on 31 August 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

Going into week 3 of games, No response.

Any updates, Community management or a response at all will be great ?

The server is actually unavailable at the moment and there are official matches tonight. It's my understanding we can only participate in comp drops on our regional server, so how are these matches to go ahead?

An answer to these issues would be greatly appreciated.

#22 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:59 AM

We also have a game tonight - Please help

#23 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:29 AM

Spoke to Ref 8, he has confirm it down ( can not select it at all)

#24 Blunt_Object

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:29 AM

Has anyone attempted to tweet Russ or PGI on this one? seems to be how most communications are handled?
I know it's not the "official" or correct means but surely worth a crack at this point?

#25 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 01 September 2016 - 01:48 AM

View PostBluntObject, on 01 September 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

Has anyone attempted to tweet Russ or PGI on this one? seems to be how most communications are handled?
I know it's not the "official" or correct means but surely worth a crack at this point?

I have sent 3 Tweets to Russ and the MWO page, No response,
Ref 8 is trying to get support to fix the problem now.

#26 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:10 AM

Well it is bed time for them isn't it? lol.

That sucks either way though. VERY unprofessional indeed to have these issues for so long, zero response and now it's just, died?

#27 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:21 AM

Thanks to Ref 11 and 8 and all the teams that agreed to play on the NA server tonight.

PGI, if you want to see what communication with your customers is like follow around Ref 11 for a day.

Can we please get an update ASAP

#28 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:45 AM

Ref 11 victorious again.

What a legend.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 01 September 2016 - 05:45 AM.

#29 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 10:04 AM

Hey everyone!

Apologies for the wait on a response.
We're currently taking the steps to identify the bug problem where oceanic disappears from the list and how we can correct it more quickly.

As for the disconnects, we have not found the conclusion for this issue yet and therefore would require more information from players receiving these problems. Such as, are you able to reconnect? Do you see a black screen when rejoining or are you able to see the match in the rejoin list at all?

As for the Oceanic Server Ping, it is:

#30 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:54 PM

Hello Tina,

Thank you for finally getting back to the community to let us know you guys are looking into this.
I will get the information from my team and ask other also to recorded this information.

We can only help you, help us solve the problem if PGI opens a two way street of communication.

Cheers Matt - Live

Edited by live1991, 01 September 2016 - 03:21 PM.

#31 Blunt_Object

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:22 PM

IS it possible that when the OC servers do go down which is somewhat frequently at a late time for PGI that there is some form of communication? I understand that in the past the OC timezone comms where stopped because the NA/EU people got upset as they had the notifications going off at all hours of the night (not like it doesn't for us) so it was decided to no longer do OC facebook/twitter updates But in the instance that things are down is it possible that we can get a message out?

We've had instances in the past where servers drop and had to wait 2 days before an official post. Kind of makes us feel rather 3rd class.

#32 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:33 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 01 September 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

Hey everyone!

Apologies for the wait on a response.
We're currently taking the steps to identify the bug problem where oceanic disappears from the list and how we can correct it more quickly.

Thank you for the response, "Information is ammunition". The OC server bug has been noted in both live and tournament clients recently with urgency being on fixing it for the tournament client. Regarding WC matches played last night on the NA server in lieu of OC being down, Ref 11 and 8 (legends, thanks guys) indicated that PGI staff would have to give the final OK in approving the match results as official. All teams and referees who played matches last night happily consented to the server change. Is there an official proceeding going forward to use the NA server if the OC server dies?

As for the disconnects, we have not found the conclusion for this issue yet and therefore would require more information from players receiving these problems. Such as, are you able to reconnect? Do you see a black screen when rejoining or are you able to see the match in the rejoin list at all?

While we are able to reconnect, the time taken can be ~2 minutes or more with most of that being connecting and loading. There is a short period of black screen when rejoining, at least for me. The match is sometimes visible in the rejoin list however this seems to vary between pilots and I can not say it is consistent.

In the live client, I stopped using Steam in February due to the slightly increased relog time which pushes OC pilots with lots of mechs (~280ms ping and ~280 mechs) over the 2 minute rejoin penalty even when clicking and typing as fast as possible. In the case of the WC, a match can easily be decided in this time. A rejoin button from the tournament client portal launcher straight back into the match would be ideal.

I will ping and tracert that IP address. If you have any other questions that we can help you with to fix these issues, let us know. Cheers.

#33 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:44 PM

View PostBluntObject, on 01 September 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

IS it possible that when the OC servers do go down which is somewhat frequently at a late time for PGI that there is some form of communication? I understand that in the past the OC timezone comms where stopped because the NA/EU people got upset as they had the notifications going off at all hours of the night (not like it doesn't for us) so it was decided to no longer do OC facebook/twitter updates But in the instance that things are down is it possible that we can get a message out?

We've had instances in the past where servers drop and had to wait 2 days before an official post. Kind of makes us feel rather 3rd class.

^ Spot on. Please reinstate notifications for all timezones. I do not know a single AP pilot that has had an issue with receiving NA/EU specific updates, only the lack of OC comms given our server is the least reliable of all (I have never seen EU or NA dropout without all being down). Alternately, could we open another pipeline of official communication for the AP playerbase to use for serious/urgent issues? Cheers.

#34 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:51 PM

Hi Tina,

The issue I experience mostly is when dropping on oceanic servers I may drop connection and rather than get a "Server unresponsive" error the match loading screen just continues with the spinney circle until I force close MWO, when loading back in I haven't really noticed the black screen, just the unusually lengthy loading time and rejoin list is available.

Is this address the one for the farm or the server? I only ask because we may be seeing these issues because the server is struggling to get resources from the farm. If this happens the farm will stay active but the server will stop responding and we'll see no change in ping traffic, unless you can confirm the server is physical?

As others have mentioned a reintroduction of communications to Asia-Pacific would be greatly appreciated so we can at least plan around outages such as last night's.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by Stonefalcon, 01 September 2016 - 06:51 PM.

#35 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:09 AM

View PostJay Z, on 01 September 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

^ Spot on. Please reinstate notifications for all timezones. I do not know a single AP pilot that has had an issue with receiving NA/EU specific updates, only the lack of OC comms given our server is the least reliable of all (I have never seen EU or NA dropout without all being down). Alternately, could we open another pipeline of official communication for the AP playerbase to use for serious/urgent issues? Cheers.

+1

(Kinda off topic)
Tina if you really want to help grow the game in the AP area, the few bigger units that are left are willing to help with ideas and other things that could help.

Just off the top of my head, OMC, 228, ARMD, ISRC, DSA.
Would love to chat about the problems we are facing playing a game we love that is slowly dying.

If you would ever like to take us up on this offer, let me know, We as a region could set up some discussion points, ideas and things to have a look at.
As a small community we would love to help you secure the game we love to play before we lose more people.

Cheers Matt _ live

Edited by live1991, 02 September 2016 - 12:10 AM.

#36 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:03 AM

https://youtu.be/pCmxqIzNcQ4

Here is the video from PJMAN point of view, the second DC happen in the same way. ( please note there may be a F word here and there)

The next game was called off as both teams keep getting random members DC in the lobby.
From testing if you DC from the lobby before the game starts you have a 100% chance to DC in the game.

Please note the users internet did not drop out, they did not loose TS. just the game. Posted Image

If you can not work out what is going, please make it a rule that we have to play on the NA server, Not one team i have spoken too has had a problem yet. ( 6 ish teams)

Edited by live1991, 02 September 2016 - 03:05 AM.

#37 DSA Cassandra

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:31 PM

View Postlive1991, on 02 September 2016 - 12:09 AM, said:

+1

(Kinda off topic)
Tina if you really want to help grow the game in the AP area, the few bigger units that are left are willing to help with ideas and other things that could help.

Just off the top of my head, OMC, 228, ARMD, ISRC, DSA.
Would love to chat about the problems we are facing playing a game we love that is slowly dying.

If you would ever like to take us up on this offer, let me know, We as a region could set up some discussion points, ideas and things to have a look at.
As a small community we would love to help you secure the game we love to play before we lose more people.

Cheers Matt _ live

I would love to see something like this happen, an unrestrained discussion between the AP units and PGI themselves regarding how to improve the server / game. Ask for 1 representative from each major unit and discuss options with them. C'mon PGI please make this happen!

#38 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

54MR would also be in for that.

We are looking to field a team in co-op with EK for MRBC S8 etc etc etc.

So that's roughly 30 Oceanic pilots across the two units.

#39 Rathnor1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:16 PM

Once upon a time not that long ago ISRC would have a twelve man group running almost every night in group queue, and sometimes two groups. Now I form a team and we give up after half an hour of sitting in lobby watching the spinning circle and getting one or two games.

If PGI would like to talk about how to fix this, ISRC would contribute.

#40 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:00 PM

I have created this post

http://mwomercs.com/...28-ap-feedback/

That way we can keep this clear and on topic about the faulty AP servers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users