48 replies to this topic

#41 Mr Pataks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:19 PM

EDIT: back on track - we had to restart one of our comp matches twice due to multiple disconnects, third time worked a charm but still.... not cool

Edited by Mr Pataks, 02 September 2016 - 11:01 PM.

#42 Mr Pataks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:02 PM

Move the server to Sydney (Australia) - a hop skip and a jump for Asia, there are a fair few NZ players. Most Australian players are probably easy coast and its not far for those remaining players elsewhere in Australia.

I think it would be the best possible outcome for all players in the AP region.

This would involve less trans-ocean cables for most players reduce ping and lag spikes for a majority of players in my opinion.

I could be wrong but from my experience I feel that Australians seem to be the largest player base in the AP region followed by players from south east asia.

Edited by Mr Pataks, 02 September 2016 - 11:06 PM.

#43 Rathnor1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 09:27 PM

The AP MWOWC servers were rock solid last night for ISRC . Many thanks to PGI.

#44 LeucippusK

• PipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBenton Harbor, Mich

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:52 PM

I switched to windowed mode and it happens less.

#45 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:06 PM

Hello Tina,

Any updates ?

#46 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:47 PM

Hello Tina,

We are moving into the next stage now, has there been any fixes or should we maybe move to the NA servers ?

Thanks

#47 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 01 September 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

Hi Tina,

The issue I experience mostly is when dropping on oceanic servers I may drop connection and rather than get a "Server unresponsive" error the match loading screen just continues with the spinney circle until I force close MWO, when loading back in I haven't really noticed the black screen, just the unusually lengthy loading time and rejoin list is available.

Is this address the one for the farm or the server? I only ask because we may be seeing these issues because the server is struggling to get resources from the farm. If this happens the farm will stay active but the server will stop responding and we'll see no change in ping traffic, unless you can confirm the server is physical?

As others have mentioned a reintroduction of communications to Asia-Pacific would be greatly appreciated so we can at least plan around outages such as last night's.

Thanks and Regards

It's physical. It's not a server resource issue, it's a network path problem which is unfortunately out of our control.

Basically just how the routing in the region works, some players will have bad routes to the Singapore data-center. Once the DS loses connection, it can take time for things to spin back up again.

If using the NA server works better for your team, then we recommend you let your referee know and use that.

#48 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:33 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 15 September 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

It's physical. It's not a server resource issue, it's a network path problem which is unfortunately out of our control.

Basically just how the routing in the region works, some players will have bad routes to the Singapore data-center. Once the DS loses connection, it can take time for things to spin back up again.

If using the NA server works better for your team, then we recommend you let your referee know and use that.

OK, thanks for clarifying that Tina.

#49 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:39 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 15 September 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

Thanks Tina,

Have PGI looked into moving the server to a location where there is better links? ( Never seen so many problems with other game servers)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users