Matches Like This, Is Why I Enjoy Playing A Light

10 replies to this topic

#1 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:41 AM

Hello!

I want to start of, i'm still fairly new to this game, started in january and quit in february due reasons. And recently got back.

I used to play heavies, but i would say i'm fairly bad in them. However i decided to buy the invasion pack for the ACH due i enjoyed playing the trial variant.

Yesterday i had an epic game which yeilded me my personal record in terms of scoring, which is what i wanted to share with you guys.

I managed to sneak up behind enemy lines and cause chaos and destruction. While my entire team stood on the other side hillhumping as they always seem to do on this map.
The last enemy was an atlas that keept hugging the wall so i couln't get in behind him. So i had to kinda run back and forth poking at him with my only 3 lasers left, because my mech was in a rather bad shape.
I think i've found my call in this game, to play lights. Posted Image

I'm very much looking forward to master them, to make them even better. Posted Image

Posted Image

3 solo kill and 6 KMD? Oh my i didn't expect that. Posted Image

Posted Image

And this screen shows that i'm still very new on piloting these mechs.

Posted Image

#2 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:34 AM

Welcome .

Glad you enjoy fighting in a Light .

Do make sure you give LCTs, JR7s, KitFoxes, Adders, Spiders, Wolfhounds etc. a spin too when you get around to it . And Ravens .

#3 Whiskey Dharma

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 141 posts
  • Location100 ms from Europe

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:40 PM

Well done!

#4 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:38 PM

Oh wow . . I would love to see that kind of score, half of whats needed to master basic on the mech.

When I started reading I was thinking I think I was one of your victims, but didn't see my mech in the screen shot.
There was a little guy (asked what was it in chat) Commando, the guy was so short, all he did was run into tall mechs, basically placing his head in the enemies crouch, and legging every one. tho what I saw he was doing it if the big guy was against a wall where they could not maneuver.

okay, so I see that wasn't you, so I don't have to call you a PooPoo cranium

Awesome and congrats on a personal high

#5 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:37 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 24 August 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

There was a little guy (asked what was it in chat) Commando, the guy was so short, all he did was run into tall mechs, basically placing his head in the enemies crouch, and legging every one. tho what I saw he was doing it if the big guy was against a wall where they could not maneuver.

Most people put weapons in torsos on assaults for higher mounts, it means that they are vulnerable to that kind of thing though. Arm mounted weapons will kill the commando quite quickly. (Need arm lock off)

On topic, impressive score. Light mechs are a lot of fun, it's great to find one that works for you.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

View PostJohn1352, on 24 August 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

Most people put weapons in torsos on assaults for higher mounts, it means that they are vulnerable to that kind of thing though. Arm mounted weapons will kill the commando quite quickly. (Need arm lock off)

On topic, impressive score. Light mechs are a lot of fun, it's great to find one that works for you.

See 4:55 through 5:13.
What John just said, caught on video within a match.

#7 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:15 PM

Well done my friend

#8 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:26 AM

View PostBesh, on 24 August 2016 - 08:34 AM, said:

Welcome .

Glad you enjoy fighting in a Light .

Do make sure you give LCTs, JR7s, KitFoxes, Adders, Spiders, Wolfhounds etc. a spin too when you get around to it . And Ravens .

Thank you!
Yea i will most likley tryout others aswell, altho since i'm focusing on clans i might do adders next or maybe even a medium as i kinda liked SHC or NVA.

View PostWhiskey Dharma, on 24 August 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

Well done!

Thanks!

View PostXaat Xuun, on 24 August 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

Oh wow . . I would love to see that kind of score, half of whats needed to master basic on the mech.

When I started reading I was thinking I think I was one of your victims, but didn't see my mech in the screen shot.

okay, so I see that wasn't you, so I don't have to call you a PooPoo cranium

Awesome and congrats on a personal high

I usualy try get behind them and shoot them in the back, that's the beuty of being a light. When it works. Sometimes you will just end up behind enemy lines and everyone just happened to spot you at the very moment, and your instant toast. Posted Image

And the reason my enemy, the atlas stood against the wall was so i couln't get in behind him. Forcing me to fight him where he could shoot me easily. So i had to try be as unpredictable as possible and running back and forth behind some buildings and so on.

View PostJohn1352, on 24 August 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

Thanks! And yea they're very fun! I've still alot to learn about making some decisions wether to engage or pull out due i tend to be overly greedy sometimes when i'm going in for a kill.

View PostKoniving, on 24 August 2016 - 06:04 PM, said:

See 4:55 through 5:13.
What John just said, caught on video within a match.

All i've to say, amazing music track in that clip. Posted Image And that also shows how quickly one can go down in a bad situation.

View PostOldbob10025, on 24 August 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

Well done my friend

Thank you! Posted Image

#9 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:36 AM

The thing is that the cheetah is an easy mode mech kinda like the kodiak, so don't get too pumped, try breaking 1k in something other than an arctic cheeter.

#10 xSleeZyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

View PostSunstruck, on 26 August 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

The thing is that the cheetah is an easy mode mech kinda like the kodiak, so don't get too pumped, try breaking 1k in something other than an arctic cheeter.

Yes i know they're considered OP / Meta and so on. But for me as a new player that might be a good thing. To get the ropes of stuff and so on you see.

Here's my total stats of all my mechs, i started with the EBJ as u could tell from the scores and number of matches. Mostly played as a brawler because i like getting in close. So that's partly why ACH seem so perfect fit for me.
Not very impressive, but i still do better in the ACH than EBJ for example.
The shadowcat i played trial for the challange thing. And the cicada i won in some event.

Posted Image

#11 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:37 AM

Well done even for a solid meta light it's not easy getting that kinda score.
Altho I have to say (as primarily a heavy and assault player) that is why I hate lights XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users