70 replies to this topic

#61 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 13 September 2016 - 10:01 PM, said:

Macroed AC2s are for troll builds, they don't work all the time. Too much face time, that people can concentrate in core-ing you, as opposed of bursting once or twice then Torso-Twist right afterwards. At best it works as suppressive fire as your damage would be spread, as well as you could only do meaningful damage if you could have an immense face time, because enemies are too preoccupied to pay attention to you.

Just group fire a dakka, 3x UAC5s + 2x UAC10s, that would work so much better. Learned that the hard way with my Direwolf.

unless of course its a macro'd KDK-3 that kills half your team singlehandedly..

#62 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 16 September 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

Battletech "Lore" does not correlate with how MWO is programmed. My explanation is 100% MWO-compliant in terms of weapon ranges, projectile velocities, trajectoey curves, and inflicted damage. The only non-compliance comes from the explosions of AC/2 shells, and the properties of HEAT warheads prevent them from being the mechanism of damage for the MWO AC/2 (based on the MWO AC/2 projectile trajectory).

So, I am right. The MWO AC/2 can only be flechette-based due to its speed, range, and flat trajectory compared to the other AC.

So like an APFSDS?

Posted Image
Posted Image

PGI pays attention to detail, somewhat. We see a sabot when we shoot Gauss Rifle. If AC2 is flechette-based, like an APFSDS, then where the hell is the sabot whenever we fire it?

Edited by The6thMessenger, 26 September 2016 - 03:43 PM.

#63 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:01 PM

View PostJadePanther, on 26 September 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

If a Kodiak is using a macro, he's doing it wrong.

#64 MortZA

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:10 PM

I use a macro to toggle my TAG

#65 Gen82

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:42 PM

The current Dakka KDK-3 doesn't work that well with macro's anyway ...

#66 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:47 AM

you dont need macros to do that in the kdk 3

#67 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:04 AM

To the OP...

This is really simple, and many have already touched the points and facts that matter about players using a Macro for their dakka builds. In the almost 3 years I have been playing the game, I never once used any software or Macro's at all. About a month ago, I was on HPG and under the garage. A player in a Mauler at 86% came down stairs and I was in my 4 Ultra AC5 king crab. I was at 80% I think.... He run's in, and moves near a pole trying to use it for cover as I just opened up on him with my Ultra AC/5's. No Macro being used by me, just my gaming mouse and a Ultra AC/5 level 5 cool down module + my crabs are mastered.

Needless to say, he gets kinda hung up on the pole as he is going around it, and leaves his back exposed to me for a few seconds. The whole point of running the Ultra AC/5's and the cool down module is to reduce jam chance when you double and triple tap your fire button on a alpha. My AC's mostly didn't jam, and his back armor was shredded through very quickly with 20 point alphas firing at the rate PGI set for them when double tapping a Ultra AC for the IS. With the mastered King crab, and the level 5 cool down module, guess what..... those Ultra AC'5s are shooting at a reduced jam chance and can fire at a rate of less then 1.30? seconds if I only hold the button down and don't double tap. That is 20 points of damage every second and a half.... if I double and triple tap till my UAC'5s jam, and if they don't, that is really bad news for any mech in my firing arc. NO MACRO'S used in this game, and non used by me in any game prior to this one in 3 years of game play.

The pilot in the mauler that I killed and rather quickly, start's crying out in all chat, "cheater", and " I am so sick of players cheating and using AC macro's in this game!"

This pilot continues to whine in all chat for the rest of the game, and spreads salt. I am not sure what he expected going against a fresh king crab, and going head on at me, then exposing his back to me as he tried to flank me?Posted Image

After this game, I started googling firing Macro's, and watched some videos on youtube of the old days of MWO with guys running Jegar's with 6 AC2's and using a macro to control the firing times. All I can say is holy hell!Posted Image Posted Image

So I downloaded and installed my first Macro program ever, and started using it with my AC'2 builds. As many that are in the know stated, the only thing using a macro is good for is scaring the crap out of un-experienced pilots, and confusing them. When I don't use the macro and alpha with my 6AC'2s, I put out way more damage that is pinpoint, and accurate. When I use the Macro, all it does is spread the damage everywhere and scare's the hell out of players that don't know how to deal with it. I can tell when I am in trouble once I start the face time needed against an enemy pilot to really be able to "kill" them using the "machine Gun" macro for AC's. Pilots that know better simply don't panic, and they core you out extremely fast, or they fire off alpha's of their own, and get out of your arc of fire, using proven tactics, (torso twisting after firing, and falling back behind cover) or simply moving at a angle away from me. This greatly reduce's my pinpoint damage to them, and the only thing that is "OP" now would be the cool a$$ noise and effects from the macro making my AC'2's go off like a machine gun. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

During the last CW event, a perfect example of new players, or players lacking experience happened in a game I dropped on Sulfurous Rift. I was in my King Crab, 6 AC'2's, over a 1000 rounds of ammo. Often the D3 line is the push side that enemies choose to take when trying to take the base. They tend to come in, and push into D2 and E2. There is a platform that is just high enough in E2, E3 that I can park my King Crab under, and it gives me complete line of sight on the entire D2, D3 area.

My crabs arms are slung low, and there is a structure attached to this platform that allows me to walk backwards and get out of the enemies line of sight if they start to get smart and push in. This platform also takes out clan's Lrm's and must conceal me pretty well because many times, I am able to just hose down clanners as they play the poke game they are so good at due to their range advantage. During this game played, I was able to almost single handed stop 6 clan mech's from pushing that D line. They poked behind the hills in D2, used the buildings in D3 to poke, and every time they did, I would hose them down with my AC2's. I didn't get to many kills in my Crab doing this, maybe one or two each push, but the damage I got with my crab against this team was around 1000 just on my King crab.

This team never figured it out, they needed to push us on that side and they would of cored me, instead, they poked and kept getting hosed down with "machine Gun fire" and pooped themselves. They just didn't get it...and they lost the match because of it.

Here is an example of the tactics used for such "deadly macro using cheaters" Posted Image Your welcome

and.....for the brave that use tactics, the end result

This is not cheating, and it's rather funny that others would feel it is. Every weapon system in this game has a way to counter it, by using tactics.... try it sometime, you might just like the results you get from using them. Posted Image

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 27 September 2016 - 05:07 AM.

#68 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:11 AM

The reason we chain fire or macro ACs...
Is so that MWO feels like Battletech.

Autocannon.

An Autocannon is a type of rapid-firing, auto-loading direct-fire ballistic weapon, firing HEAP (High-Explosive Armor-Piercing) or kinetic rounds at targets in bursts. It is, basically, a giant "machine gun" that fires predominantly cased explosive shells though models firing saboted high velocity kinetic energy penetrators or caseless ordnance do exist. Among the earliest tank/BattleMech scale weaponry produced, autocannons produce far less heat than energy weapons, but are considerably bulkier and are dependent upon limited stores of ammunition.

Autocannons range in caliber from 30mm up to 203mm and are loosely grouped according to their damage versus armor. The exact same caliber of shell fired in a 100 shot burst to do 20 damage will have a shorter effective range than when fired in a 10 shot burst to do 2 damage due to recoil and other factors. Autocannon are grouped into the following loose damage classes:[1]

Mech Rifle.
(Using Heavy Rifle, but all Rifles are similar; the only reference ever made to the Heavy Rifle barrel size is 190mm. The largest IS AC/20 is 185mm. The largest Clan UAC/20 is 203mm. The 185mm AC/20, called the Chemjet Gun, specifically fires 4 shells per reload to get its total damage. That's 5 per shell. Heavy Rifle does 6 damage to armor... for 1 shell. The most common AC/5, 10 and 20 size is only 120mm and the difference is the 20 shoots twice as many bullets as the 10 and four times as many bullets as the 5 in the same amount of time, that massive amount of recoil is the reason for the 'accurate ranges' dwindling, as the 'true' range for ACs is stated to be roughly 2,000 meters.)

The Heavy Rifle is the largest Rifle in the family. The precursor to the modern Autocannon, the Rifle was based on the main guns used by tanks on pre-spaceflight Terra. The Heavy Rifle used heavier rounds and larger propellant loads to fire its shells. The Rifle was phased out of service with most major powers because it lacked stopping power against most battlefield units.[3] Though it has excellent range and (unlike the Light Rifle) the Heavy Rifle can actually damage a BattleMech, its weight and ammunition capacity are no match for standard autocannon. Another drawback is the Heavy Rifle's inability to use the special munitions available to autocannon.

There are reports of some Periphery powers introducing units equipped with Rifles, but these reports were unconfirmed until the introduction of the Arbiter.[4]

Guess which one MWO calls "autocannons"? Certainly not the autocannons.

Edited by Koniving, 27 September 2016 - 06:51 AM.

#69 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:23 AM

To mention it...
That Kodiak must be doing **** in hard mode, because a macro automatically cuts down your potential firepower. Worse for Clan mechs as reloads don't start until all shells have fired.

#70 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:30 AM

View PostKoniving, on 27 September 2016 - 04:23 AM, said:

To mention it...
That Kodiak must be doing **** in hard mode, because a macro automatically cuts down your potential firepower. Worse for Clan mechs as reloads don't start until all shells have fired.

Yep... I Just got the KD-3..... using a macro on it is just a waste of time, and limits your damage out put so badly, anyone using it is just wasting their time.

In fact, I have fraps shots from running the KD-3 with quad 5's, and quad 10's. When I used the firing macro for them, many games I hardly broke 400 damage 1 kill, to zero kills. When not using the macro, I start seeing 800+ damage games, and 4 kills.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 27 September 2016 - 04:34 AM.

#71 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:33 AM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 27 September 2016 - 04:30 AM, said:

Yep... I Just got the KD-3..... using a macro on it is just a waste of time, and limits your damage out put so badly, anyone using it is just wasting their time.

Unless of course, it is 'fun'. Pretty much the only real reason anyone uses them is either fun or to get that tiniest smidge of immersion for what the weapons are supposed to be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users