- - - - -

Simple Question Regarding Defending Against Lrms.

Question

22 replies to this topic

#21 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 10:44 AM

Sorry, if I somehow gave the impression that you do not use Adv target decay only for Streaks or LRMs. I thought that that was what was being talked about.

What happens when the mech launching LRMs has advanced target decay? Do they just cancel each other out and the normal target lock time is maintained?

Advance target decay is a tad bit more powerful then radar derp so it just gets reduced timer but not fully negated...

I did do testing using a BAP or Probe. Without, any mech can target up to 800 meters, with it, you can target at 1,000 meters. With the ADV sensor range module, you can target at 1,200 meters (I think it should be 1,250 but...)

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 25 September 2016 - 10:45 AM.

#22 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:38 PM

View PostPoundcake, on 24 September 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

Lots of responses here but none telling exactly how to use Rad Dep.

First move with Rad Dep and incoming is to break line of sight. Most times that's going to be with cover but even if youre not right up against cover all you need to do it break line of sight and watch the missiles fly right by.

I run assaults mainly and don't have AMS on any of them, LRMs haven't been hard to avoid, but I avoid the open areas. Some games you do get nailed and there's nothing you can do about it, you just got caught out of position, it happens.

Ditch AMS, there will be very few games where it will bother you once you learn to manage them.

did you look to see if there was a enemy UAV ?

ETA: first read into that wrong, for some reason I read it as "still getting hit while in loss of sight"

not sure but I don't think Rad Dep is going to help , if an enemy UAV still has you in line of sight

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 25 September 2016 - 02:43 PM.

#23 Sparrow1250

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:31 AM

It's seems like LRM boats/battles come and go, this last weekend it was like LRMs were flying the as soon as the fight started.
Now it seems to have calmed down a bit. One of counters IMO to LRMs is to kill all lights ASAP, if they are not running around locking targets there is a lot less indirect fire happening. Besides the fact that a good light pilot can take down an assault mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users