Faction Loyalty Event

No replies to this topic

#1 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:11 PM

An event focusing on a particular pilot's performance while in Faction Warfare might attract players for both Faction Warfare and Quickplay.

Before Faction Warfare, they offered this for Quickplay back in 2014 based on which faction players belonged to...but the algorithm for scoring was outrageous and convoluted.

Aside from your standard complement of quickplay challenges such as kills, assists, experience, C-Bills, blah blah blah, you can have Faction Warfare players compete in leaderboard-style events to determine who the top 100 pilots are for a given faction based on whatever algorithm that is devised.

Furthermore, you can do the top five units of a given faction, both of loyalist and mercenaries. Prizes can be cockpit items of that particular faction, like hanging medallions, banners, warhorns, etc etc etc.

More specifically, you can have endgame victory conditions such as:
-Pentagon Worlds: Win 5 Faction Warfare matches
-Lance Killer: Score at least 4 kills in a Faction Warfare match
-Get Your Cookies: As a team,collect 12 points of intel in a Scout match
-Lead From The Front: While piloting IS mechs, kill 10 enemy mechs
-Represent Your Clan: While piloting Clan mechs, kill 10 enemy mechs
-Etc etc etc

Loyalist units can compete to win 10% Loyalty Point booster medallions that work with only one faction. Mercenary teams can do the same as well, winning 5% booster medallions that work with all factions. I say this because I have a Wolf medallion that only works with Clan Wolf. I haven't been on Wolf for the entire year... :/

It's something like Tukayyid and Weight of the World I suppose.

They've done similar challenges in the past:
Hardcore Unit Challenge
Territorial Challenge (loathed as it was)
Clan Invasion Event
Faction Challenge III (before Community Warfare was even live)
Faction Challenge Revenge

Other Community-based Challenges:
Primary Objective

Edited by Commander A9, 26 November 2016 - 02:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users