1 reply to this topic

#1 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:53 AM

The thought occurs. In the final book of the legend of the jade pheonix trilogy (i forget the novel name), Aiden Pryde had to preprogram the arc before jumping across the massive river, and he used his computer to see the arc, punch in were he wanted to go, and only jumped when he was ready.

With this as inspiration, my solution to what seem like, imo a somewhat ~eh version of jump jets is a charged jump, similar but faster than the gauss rifles charge. Also it would be cool if a visual representation of the projected arc appeared on your screen in realtime.

Let me give a theoreticle example. A jenner, or whatever mech with jump jets is behind a wall running, he knows he needs to jump on top of the wall so he runs at the wall. He holds down space and a curved line starting at his feet appears. The longer he holds down space, the higher and further the arc stretches untill it stops because it has reached maximum distance and hieght, which is determined by the number of jumpjets. Jenner pilots sees his arc land on top of the wall he wants to be on top of and he releases the space bar. His mech automatically lights off its jumpjets and follows that arc to the top of the wall without any further user input. Jenner pilot lands perfectly on the wall were he wanted (and gets alpha striked by the twelve kodiaks waiting on the other side).

Also, the arc could be kept for stationary mechs as well to avoid poptarting, maybe have hieght be relative to the mechs starting speed. in universe explanation, the jumpjets have to devote less enetgy to forward motion, so they have more fuel to use in upward motion. This would allow assault mechs to use DFA without being able to just use jump jets to exclusively jump up and down behind massive walls in a permanent snipefest like in mw4. I also think it would be pretty cool.

Edited by naterist, 28 September 2016 - 10:57 AM.

#2 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:09 AM

Also, i realize there is another jumpjet improvement thread going on right now, but i think my idea is branching off in seriously different direction than what that thread is focused on. They want more hight, i want a more of a whole other take on jumpjets in game, were they seem more focused on increasing height.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users