Petetion To Eliminate Fw

50 replies to this topic

#41 Nergal Pryde

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIn the Maelstrom of Chaos, right at the bottomless pit.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:26 AM

Grglfrmblgrrrrrrr
Gnarrrrrrr
*mumble*
*shake fists*
F0r nUrGl3, fO2 kH4oZ !
*mad look*
Fnarharar
*wrings hads*
MoN3yZ !!!!!

#42 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:52 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 29 September 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

MW4 Mercs :over 200 Community maps ,150+Mechs from Mektek ,10 Years FW with his Leagues EBTL ,MBO with logistic,strange Rules!, Droptimes,logistic...because you had to play against 12 Assault/30 Heavys/23medium/40Light mechs stationed on a planet with his own Force carry by our Dropships, when they can not retreated, certain Chassies were only with the capture of factories accessible...and all this work Free will with no payment in mind

That's the difference between a passion project made by fans for fans compared to a commercial venture where they always have an eye on the bottom line; always asking if any work done will be financially worth the investment. PGI didn't set out to make "The best" mechwarrior game, just a profitable one. Kind of like all the reboots and remakes we see from Hollywood- I'm sure Michael Bay was a TMNT/Transformers fan and not just trying to make a buck off nostalgia, right? ;)

#43 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:55 AM

Personally, I say HELL NO.

FW simply needs a through redesign..

I may be naive, but I'm sincerely hoping that the reason behind all these quick "wanna buy a mech pack" schemes that have been pooping up lately is PGI trying to raise funds to properly redesign FW.

Why is this logical to me? Here's why:

If PGI would remove FW, they would in fact sign their own death warrant, blatantly admitting they are BAD GAME DESIGNERS. No company in the world would ever do that willingly. The game would loose a MAJOR feature, and the principle point of the game would vanish, leaving the paying playerbase with a half-product, generating outrage. The game's death would swiftly follow.

So here are some possible solutions to this mess:

1) Radically redesign FW, completely removing the old design, and, using its best features, redesign it from scratch, making it the economy-rich, lore-rich, and warfare-intense game mode we all want and crave.

2) Completely remove FW, and replace it with a solo/co-op PVE campaign, the focus of which might be to actually get to Terra if you play as clans, or defend against the clans if you play as IS.

3) A combination of 1 and 2, designed so that a player can play FW in a PVE mode if there are fewer than 48 players after a certain time on a disputed planet, thus having no need for long match wait times.

These three solutions are, in my humble opinion, THE ONLY ways in which this game can survive long-term.

All of them require much redesign, adding planet value, description, and immersion.

Only then can this game be saved.

So I vote a resounding NO to simply removing FW and making MWO quick play only..

P.S.

OP, if you wanna make a petition thread, at least add a pole so we can see quickly what the people think..

Edited by Vellron2005, 30 September 2016 - 01:59 AM.

#44 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:00 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 30 September 2016 - 01:55 AM, said:

I agree with you, the problem is that PGI has already revealed their plans for FW in their latest podcast.

They are collapsing it into a single queue IS vs Clan in the hope that this will allow quick enough matches to keep the game mode playable. They think the problem is "too many buckets" and have no ambition of increasing depth whatsoever.

In essence, they have admitted defeat and given up the idea of any form of strategic layer in FW. It will be nothing but a separate IS v Clan game mode without a matchmaker. The original vision of "Community Warfare" is officially dead, finally.

They are probably going to pretend this is progress rather than defeat, just like they pretended phase 3 was gameplay depth when it was just half assed reward system updates and a few gameplay features that ended up making things worse rather than better.

That said, I still disagree with Blood Wolf, because a Clan vs IS quickplay invasion mode is still going to be better than not having it at all.

The saddest thing is that it is probably the correct decision, I don't thing they would succeed in rebooting a real CW at this point. The community is too disappointed and the cost is too steep to be a viable business decision.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope that everything said in that podcast will be retracted. I hope PGI changes their mind and hires a team of awesome designers to make a real CW with deep grand strategy and immersive lore.

But how likely is that?

Edited by Sjorpha, 30 September 2016 - 03:06 AM.

#45 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:06 AM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 30 September 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:

no...no he's not.

lol the internet.

View PostVellron2005, on 30 September 2016 - 01:55 AM, said:

I may be naive, but I'm sincerely hoping that the reason behind all these quick "wanna buy a mech pack" schemes that have been pooping up lately is PGI trying to raise funds to properly redesign FW.

Why is this logical to me? Here's why:

If PGI would remove FW, they would in fact sign their own death warrant, blatantly admitting they are BAD GAME DESIGNERS. No company in the world would ever do that willingly. The game would loose a MAJOR feature, and the principle point of the game would vanish, leaving the paying playerbase with a half-product, generating outrage. The game's death would swiftly follow.

So here are some possible solutions to this mess:

1) Radically redesign FW, completely removing the old design, and, using its best features, redesign it from scratch, making it the economy-rich, lore-rich, and warfare-intense game mode we all want and crave.

2) Completely remove FW, and replace it with a solo/co-op PVE campaign, the focus of which might be to actually get to Terra if you play as clans, or defend against the clans if you play as IS.

3) A combination of 1 and 2, designed so that a player can play FW in a PVE mode if there are fewer than 48 players after a certain time on a disputed planet, thus having no need for long match wait times.

These three solutions are, in my humble opinion, THE ONLY ways in which this game can survive long-term.

All of them require much redesign, adding planet value, description, and immersion.

Only then can this game be saved.

So I vote a resounding NO to simply removing FW and making MWO quick play only..

P.S.

OP, if you wanna make a petition thread, at least add a pole so we can see quickly what the people think..

good idea, I don't wan't it gone myself. Just wanted tor read the comments. Sometimes I take someones statement and make a thread

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 30 September 2016 - 03:07 AM.

#46 Nergal Pryde

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 14 posts
  • LocationIn the Maelstrom of Chaos, right at the bottomless pit.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:31 AM

good idea, I don't wan't it gone myself. Just wanted tor read the comments. Sometimes I take someones statement and make a thread

no madness or bile of your own ?

at least add a twist and a poll if you want people to rant madly about it.

productive part: I wish they would have some "map" layer where you would have to open paths on a planet... some strategic meaning. that and more bloodshed. more broken bones. more flying teeth...
and a Queue full of Gnatz and snotlings to waltz trough with the chaos mercenaries... but some that fight back. seals are boring.

#47 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:53 AM

FW as in the galaxy map, planet taking side is terribly implemented with no longevity or reason to care what planets you take - it would be a million times better if it was more 'hardcore' - no swapping sides ever, separate mech garage with availabilty of mechs determined by factories owned/trade, separate C-bills with R&R implemented, etc.

However the invasion game mode is easily my favourite, i very much like the 4 mech dropdeck system and the longer games and larger maps. Id pretty much only play that if a matchmade QP queue for it existed.

#48 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:58 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 29 September 2016 - 12:17 PM, said:

I believe this thread is in order. A little to late as they say. Or at least the rest of us should not even bother with FW at all. Somebody tell the units to stop playing FW. Spread the message and get the word out. FW is dead and some players are wasting there time.

If you do not like it, don't play. I am mostly a QP player, but I enjoy FW. It needs to be vastly improved but I hope that PGI will not give up with this gamemode.

Edited by invernomuto, 30 September 2016 - 03:59 AM.

#49 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:21 AM

The only use that FW has now is to divide the playerbase.

There should be no sepatation between so called community warfare and quick play. It should be in one package with short waittime and not more then 15 min matches.

#50 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:59 AM

View Postdrunkblackstar, on 30 September 2016 - 04:21 AM, said:

The only use that FW has now is to divide the playerbase.

There should be no sepatation between so called community warfare and quick play. It should be in one package with short waittime and not more then 15 min matches.

kinda on the extreme end of the spectrum there. Want me to pull you back?

#51 Too Much Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 787 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:03 AM

NOPE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users