Player Bounties

2 replies to this topic

#1 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:34 AM

Ever got steamrolled by someone with hilarious aim? Got mad over some teammate being a dumb? Really want to stick your finger in someone's pie but they didn't technically do anything wrong?

Player bounties!

When ingame, dead or alive, you can click people on the scoreboard. In addition to normal options, you get an option to "add bounty".

You pay however many credits you want, and that gets added as a bounty to that player and removed from your account.

The next time that player is in a QP or Faction match (but not private or such), whenever someone targets them and resolves sensor data, a big BOUNTY sign with the amount is listed around their title.

Killing them nets the reward to the people involved, based on the %damage dealt. Team damage is not factored into this, and if more than 50% of the damage to kill was done by a teammate then the bounty isn't paid out at all.

Example:

UrbanHero, the mechpilot in an urban mech, called you a surat. Understandably, you then place a 1,000,000 cbill bounty on their screeching head.
The next match, they have a bounty on their head. Player A B and C cooperate to take this offender to the cause down. Player A and B are on the enemy team as relation to the bounty, and player C is a friendly who's toe got stubbed.
A does 40% of the damage to kill, B does 30%, and C does 30%.

A gets awarded 55% or ($550,000) of the bounty and B gets awarded 45% (or $450,000) of the bounty, and C is a teamkilling surat.

Edit: Also, bounties are of course, cumulative.

Edited by Tibbnak, 01 October 2016 - 12:45 AM.

#2 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:54 AM

Reminiscing times I was sooooo tempted to kill a teammate for facking up so bad or a enemy just plain misbehaving it sounds like a fun idea :-)

But be aware of this (fram a kind of an advocatus diabolii position): We have players that really won't or can't inject big money into the game. That's really ok and I like MWO for actually being playable not using money at all (quite unlike so many f-ing freemium garbage). But players that pump cash into it by buying MCs can just stack up headhunter money to bring down potential enemies. Btw. what happens if said marked player I just put a bounty on lands in my team because the matchmaker just rolled the dice that way? You just made your teams live harder. And please don't make the matchmaker sort it out so I won't get into a match with someone that I have just put a bounty out for. MM has a hard time pairing up properly as it is.

In reality I expect this would probably end up by litterally everybody having some bounty on his/her head after a while. Be it "just for fun" to roast a friend or a "real" reason. And the wealthy players and the big players would just lead the charge. In all fun, this gives much potential for misuse.

Btw. What Mech would you ride when stomping on your foot accumulates to 30% of the damage? Posted Image

#3 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:51 AM

View PostThomster, on 01 October 2016 - 01:54 AM, said:

Btw. What Mech would you ride when stomping on your foot accumulates to 30% of the damage? Posted Image

Orca, but more seriously I meant "They stepped on foot of player C, so player C teamkilled them back."

As to the rest, IDK. It's kind of easy to die in MWO so I don't really see people dumping wads of cbills to harrass someone specific? At least not for an extended period. Plus you'd have to keep getting into games with them in order to place the bounty on them.

On top of that, you'd only know if someone had a bounty if you targeted and resolved and looked at their hud stuff. People have enough of a hard time focusing fire already so this might be more of a boon than a bust.

ALSO, if your teammate has a bounty and it's causing the enemy to focus them, then you have ample opportunity to shoot the distracted enemies. If not then honestly the bounty probably had nothing to do with your team's demise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users