5 replies to this topic

#1 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:21 PM

Orb Weaver is outta the question, and keyboard just doesn't quite cut it for me. So I'm stuck between Razer Tartarus and Logitech G13. This is to replace the old (bought in 2005) Nostromo N52 by Belkin, that just finally gave up on me today.

Been fighting with the mouse wheel on it for a while.I could live without it, but now it's stuck with the mousewheel-push (like a mouse-2, but on the N52) constantly on. Not cool. Can't do jack all with it plugged in.

So, yeah. TL;DR- G13 or Tartarus, and why?

Spaseebs!

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:37 PM

ergonomics are pretty different between the two, so I would suggest actually trying them both out for a little bit before deciding.

Personally, I favor the G13. Far more keys than the Tartarus. G13 thumbstick is far more useful too, but I am not sure how much use you will get out of that if you are a south-paw. Speaking of which, I would wager that the general ergonomics of the G13 would be better for a southy than the Razer.

#3 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:40 PM

I'm a right-handed person that loves the left-handed G13!

Now if only Logitech also makes a right-handed version.

#4 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:50 PM

Well, I'm a righty. I have a Logitech G502 on the right hand. Been using that AND the N52, the latter under my left hand for all the keyboard stuff.

Ergonomics is kinda important, yeah. To be honest, the old Belkin N52 feels short. I'm 6'5", and the hand size is proportional, so I don't expect there's anything that's really gonna fit WELL. But yeah, so I need something to do all the keyboard stuff under my left hand, while the right uses mouse to aim and fire and some other stuff.

Also, does that LED screen on the G13 actually DO anything with MWO? CAN it? Is that more gee-I-wish-we-had-a-real-API stuff?

#5 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:59 PM

I ******* LOVE my G13 for my left hand & Logitech G600 for the right... Like 45 buttons. No need to ever touch a keyboard again... and the directional stick works like a dream for movement. For a Centering on the down click, and a Full Stop/Scripted Full Reverse of the 2 buttons right next to the stick. All 23 buttons on my g600 are used and still have like 3 blank ones left on the g13.

#6 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:05 PM

Cool. Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Went ahead and bought a new G13. We'll see how that feels.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users