Haunted And Hunted Event

339 replies to this topic

#181 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:21 AM

MWO is a 31337 e-sports thing now...

Wanna buy a mech pack? Or a tournaments supporter package with participant-created content? LOL

#182 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:36 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 17 October 2016 - 11:16 AM, said:

Still going to be hot.

tourmaline desert is way hotter

#183 Felix von Buelow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:24 AM

As much as I like this event and piloting my HMN but this combination is a pain in the ***. Please PGI, don't make 12 enemies chase unbasiced mediums, this is just no fun...

Edited by GhostNemesys, 23 October 2016 - 11:45 AM.

#184 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostCathy, on 23 October 2016 - 07:14 AM, said:

I'm liking the Huntsman a lot, once everyone isn't after my ***, then I'm sure it will be even better.

What is bothering me is the Huntsman Challenge.

The whole event is great and thank you for that P.G.I the last two have been really good.

About being bothered, it's the standard of players getting on the boards, I should not even be featuring the way I'm playing, I don't think I've had a three kill game, I have broken the 500 damage mark less than 10 times yet I'm on the boards, I'm going to be getting two fancy war horns at this rate unless people pick up their game.

This more than anything I believe is why the Match Maker is struggling, it's us and how poor we are playing as a whole.

Obviously there are still people right at the top that can still hammer out good scores, consistently, but we the people, bellow the top runners really need to pull the stick out our behinds and play better if we want better matches.

Have to say that's a remarkably honest post... a bit scary for these forums. Quite a lot of the Huntsman owners I know (including me) are just running them out for our bare needs for this tournament and then leaving them. We just have so many new mechs to level.

I've found them fun so far tbh.

#185 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostGhostNemesys, on 23 October 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

As much as I like this event and piloting my HMN but this combination is a pain in the ***. Please PGI, don't make 12 enemies chase unbasiced mediums, this is just no fun...

Oh but it is, I found it hard to suppress a laugh as four of the other side went Wabbit huntin on me I lost an arm, they lost the match

#186 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:03 PM

y'all need to chill, it will pass in a few days, and you should be building your survival skills through this exercise.

#187 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:37 PM

View PostCathy, on 23 October 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

Oh but it is, I found it hard to suppress a laugh as four of the other side went Wabbit huntin on me I lost an arm, they lost the match

Actually knowing you and trying to imagine you saying "Wabbit Huntin'" in your accent makes me chuckle...

#188 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:40 PM

though I gotta admit I love making an entire team of 12 squirrel after me in my huntsman, setting up for my team to roll them...

#189 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, and thank God we have to kill only 6 Huntsmans for this event, as their appearances on the battlefield are so far few and far between

#190 Tsar Bomba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 05:13 PM

All the Huntsmen be like...

Posted Image

#191 SVTmk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:42 PM

My two hunts Posted Image
Spoiler

#192 Helene de Montfort

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 262 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPays de Loire

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:52 PM

View PostGhostNemesys, on 23 October 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

I did it with new unskilled mechs, the three loyalty i got this year, and an atlas i just bought... So i beieve it was fair... Just got my 6th HMN kill, good news, i won't hunt them anymore.

Now, about the tricks or treats event, is it me, or for the bonus bags, there are three clans mechs packages and only one IS mech package?

That's not nice for IS loyalists?

Edited by Helene de Montfort, 23 October 2016 - 07:52 PM.

#193 ArticArcher

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:43 PM

Helene I would not focus too much on the clan vs IS bonus package thing too much as our loyalty 2016 mech for MC/steam was a IS mech. I would say just see them as bonus free loot rather a reason to pre-order.

#194 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:38 PM

What I hate about this event is its totally out of your hands or ability for some parts - 3 hrs now and every time TT has come up its been voted against. Only seen two Huntsman personally in that time (others on the red side I've just not seen myself). Rather frustrating....

View PostHelene de Montfort, on 23 October 2016 - 07:52 PM, said:

I did it with new unskilled mechs, the three loyalty i got this year, and an atlas i just bought... So i beieve it was fair... Just got my 6th HMN kill, good news, i won't hunt them anymore.

Now, about the tricks or treats event, is it me, or for the bonus bags, there are three clans mechs packages and only one IS mech package?

That's not nice for IS loyalists?

The point being he is in ones being targeted as primary by the whole red team.. who are actively ignoring you to target him. Posted Image

Edit: got the Huntsman but 0 Mordor for me today.... :(

Edited by Aramuside, 23 October 2016 - 10:36 PM.

#195 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:48 PM

Does anybody know if the Halloween war horn might show up... before Halloween instead of after?

#196 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:20 PM

The event page is updated to show the warhorn injection (along with everything else) at event end. And I can now confirm that completing 6 Tina Therma challenges does not cause an immediate release of the warhorn.

Edit: I keep voting for it even though I'm done, so some of us are trying to help.

Edited by James Argent, 23 October 2016 - 11:22 PM.

#197 BlackW1nd

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:25 AM

Really, why we cant get prizes on completion of each of challenges like before? It's kind of strange actually =\

#198 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:26 AM

View PostAramuside, on 23 October 2016 - 09:38 PM, said:

What I hate about this event is its totally out of your hands or ability for some parts - 3 hrs now and every time TT has come up its been voted against. Only seen two Huntsman personally in that time (others on the red side I've just not seen myself). Rather frustrating....

The point being he is in ones being targeted as primary by the whole red team.. who are actively ignoring you to target him. Posted Image

Edit: got the Huntsman but 0 Mordor for me today.... Posted Image

yeah I had a 3+ hour wait till Terra was voted in, was upset . . it was an assault mode, and the reds went straight for the base rather then fight, I had a sneaky suspicion that was going to happen . . so went to a location to scout . . to find I was gang banged instantly .
well at least the rest of the team got a good fight , I made the call in time for them to return for the fight.
part that got me upset was the long wait, and only able to get a match score of 16 Posted Image , and probably another 3 hour wait which would had just been amplified more. But that didn't happen, the next 3 times it came up to vote, it happened, so got the Terra Therma done .. just the huntsman are always on my team . . try again tomorrow.

Event or not, I'll always vote Terra Therma , love that map

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 24 October 2016 - 02:27 AM.

#199 Ouze

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:43 AM

I never post here, but I wish PGI would reconsider injection of the Halloween warhorn to after the requirements are done (as opposed to at the end of the event).

It's not that I'm patient, so much as it seems an odd choice, at best, to have a item celebrating Halloween be released November 2nd.

You release it on-completion now, people can actually put it up during the Halloween season.

#200 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 05:47 AM

Got my requirements before bed when I get on tonight it'll be a fun brawl and same here, I vote for tt every time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users