The PC community is so superior

21 replies to this topic

#1 Red squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

Hi I started this thread for those guys who are trying to capture my other thread:
Glad MW:O is PC only - so let's make fun about what it would be like on a console

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/23594-glad-mwo-is-pc-only-so-lets-make-fun-about-what-it-would-be-like-on-a-console

But feel free to discuss your opinons here :)

#2 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

Why do you need to link to another thread? If they want to post there fine. Or is someone rep farming.

#3 Red squirrel

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

View PostViper69, on 18 July 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

Why do you need to link to another thread?

Just trying to get the off-topic posters out of my thread.
The link is so people who wonder what's going on can have a look.

If they want to post there fine.

No it's not (Everyone can of course do as he/she pleases but I disagree).
Being in the off-topic section of the forum does not mean you should go off-topic in a certain thread.
So let's not discuss the existance of the easter bunny in the football thread (pretty please with cherry on top extra cream and nuts)

Finally it was my sarcastic way of saying: "It's just fun don't take it too seriously" :)

Or is someone rep farming.

I don't think starting threads gives you any kind of rep(utation?).
If I missed the reputation system please enlighten me and I will immediately start lots of sensless threads to be the coolest forum poster - ever :)

OK I will now go back to the funny thread linked above and I invite you and all other forum members to participate.

#4 Todd Lee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

PC, console, who cares? One thing I never understood is the bickering between the two groups. Console users spend less money overall on their systems, while PC users spend a good $1,000+ every 5+ years. Both have fantastic franchises, though console games this year have been superior to that of PC games. Console allows you to play with your friends and family in person which is always very enjoyable, especially when the trash talk gets heated up. PC you're likely talking to some random person you'll never meet. Really the only advantage PC has is superior graphics and customization, and that won't be the case forever.

#5 BravoFoxtrot

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

Superior graphics and customization will always be the case for computers sir.

#6 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

View PostTodd Lee, on 18 July 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

Console allows you to play with your friends and family in person which is always very enjoyable, especially when the trash talk gets heated up.

Some one has never heard of a LAN party...

#7 Zakatak

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

Too bad elitist asshats who group other types of gamers into a collective group known as "inferior humans" are still the norm.

OP is a shining example.

Edited by Zakatak, 18 July 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#8 Garthak

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

Pc's are way better than consoles. The reason consoles have been getting better games is because thats where the devs feel they get the most moneys. They've also been dumbing down our games, which is why games like skyrim still use DX9.

And the easter bunny totally exists, he still hides jelly beans around my house every year, the little *******.

#9 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostGarthak, on 18 July 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

The reason consoles have been getting better games is because thats where the devs feel they get the most moneys.

Fixed for sadness.

#10 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostRed squirrel, on 18 July 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

Hi I started this thread for those guys who are trying to capture my other thread:
Glad MW:O is PC only - so let's make fun about what it would be like on a console

mwomercs.com/forums/topic/23594-glad-mwo-is-pc-only-so-lets-make-fun-about-what-it-would-be-like-on-a-console

But feel free to discuss your opinons here :)

If this game was available on the console, it would make this game retarded, the game would have to have EVERYTHING reduced for the crappy Xbox and PS3 hardware.

#11 Zakatak

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostGarthak, on 18 July 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Pc's are way better than consoles. The reason consoles have been getting better games is because thats where the devs feel they get the most moneys. They've also been dumbing down our games, which is why games like skyrim still use DX9.

1. That isn't the point the OP is making. The point he is making is that we are "superior", which is a load of BS. Anybody who has exited their house and communicated with human beings can see that.

2. Consoles are getting better games? No, they are not.

3. Skyrim with the proper graphics/ENB/FXAA mods and post-processing injectors is one of the most beautiful games I have ever seen. Graphically AND artistically. If you are unhappy with the product, mod tools are available and allow you to craft the game into whatever you want if you are willing to put time into it.

4. What about the easter bunny?

#12 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostTodd Lee, on 18 July 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

PC, console, who cares? One thing I never understood is the bickering between the two groups. Console users spend less money overall on their systems, while PC users spend a good $1,000+ every 5+ years. Both have fantastic franchises, though console games this year have been superior to that of PC games. Console allows you to play with your friends and family in person which is always very enjoyable, especially when the trash talk gets heated up. PC you're likely talking to some random person you'll never meet. Really the only advantage PC has is superior graphics and customization, and that won't be the case forever.

Consoles are THE reason that games aren't what they could be, like COD or BF3, BF3 could be so much more, but patches had to be made to dumb down the game and make it retarded so Xbox children wouldn't cry and bi*ch about how they cant play and won't get a PC, where you CAN get a gamepad hooked up to PC. Yes, PC is a sort of problem, where hardware and software companies can't reduce their INSANE prices, like Intel CPUs, and NVIDIA GPUs.

Back to COD, Modern Warfare 3 COULD have been more, like better graphics, actual dedicated servers like Black Ops, Spectator mode to watch hackers doing their work, and anti-hacker stuff like VAC.

In this PC gamer's opinion, COD Black Ops was originally designed for the PC, with dedicated PC servers and VAC, among many other things. And what they did for console children is take a version that was dumbed down FOR consoles, and let them cry like they usually do.

#13 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

I've seen more "Elitist" A-holes on PC. Is PC "better" Better is a debatable term

PC has superior graphics, this is true. And for some Mouse/Keyboard is a much easier imput method than a joypad.

However I wouldn't call PC better... I would however say the PC can "Do WAY more" than a console.

The point is though, at the end of the day... PC, Console... we're ALL GAMERS. Hell I play on both 360 and PC... I like both systems for different reasons. for instance, X-box Live has "better" VOIP than anything PC has [because the platform is BUILT for VOIP, with a completely dedicted system for just it.] PC has "Better" graphics...

In the end we're all gamers man... and honstly, when it comes to community's... I've had better experiences on X-box than I ever have an PC.

#14 Garthak

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

View PostZakatak, on 18 July 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

1. That isn't the point the OP is making. The point he is making is that we are "superior", which is a load of BS. Anybody who has exited their house and communicated with human beings can see that.

2. Consoles are getting better games? No, they are not.

3. Skyrim with the proper graphics/ENB/FXAA mods and post-processing injectors is one of the most beautiful games I have ever seen. Graphically AND artistically. If you are unhappy with the product, mod tools are available and allow you to craft the game into whatever you want if you are willing to put time into it.

1 I was responding to todd lee's post, not the op's

2 thats debatable, besides mechwarrior, what are we really getting that isnt some consoleport or not even going on pc's. Luckally there has been a bit more life in pc gaming recently.

3 skyrim looked good, but it could have looked even better if it had DX11, and that's not something that can just be modded in. and morrowind is still better

4 the easter bunny is real damn it.

#15 Red squirrel

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostZakatak, on 18 July 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

Too bad elitist asshats who group other types of gamers into a collective group known as "inferior humans" are still the norm.

OP is a shining example.

I guess you completely didn't get it...this thread is not ment to be taken seriously. So stop pickering (please)
I am not sure how many smileys one must use to express sarcasm. (is 5 enough?) :P :D :D :lol: :rolleyes:

#16 Garthak

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostRed squirrel, on 18 July 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

I guess you completely didn't get it...this thread is not ment to be taken seriously. So stop pickering (please)
I am not sure how many smileys one must use to express sarcasm. (is 5 enough?) :P :D :D :lol: :rolleyes:

I AM OFFENDED!!!! NOT ENOUGH SMILIES!!!!

#17 Red squirrel

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

[...]

Oh, again someone who did not get it......Sarcasm seems a difficult concept to some people.

#18 Todd Lee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostEvinthal, on 18 July 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Some one has never heard of a LAN party...

While I do enjoy playing games, primarily because I live in the middle of no where and there's nothing else better to do, I'm not that big of a nerd.

Skyrim? Try out Witcher 2. Far better graphics, gameplay, and you don't need mods to make the game worth playing.

#19 Lipot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

Having played some of the older games out there that did have both a console and pc version, I can attest that while PC are more complicated, the results are better. Take something like Mechwarrior 2. It was available for both pc and the PS back in the day. Both games had multiplayer support. Yet, only the PC version allowed you to alter your settings to get improved visual effects (although still poor compared to what we get now) and more customization for controls and number of players. Yes, consoles have come a long way. Yes, pc's are still over priced. But my pc allows me to expand my interactions beyond a few people in the same game room and I am not buying a new game every 2 months. I can find over 2000 CS 1.6 servers on my pc but I can not find a decent multiplayer match for Warhawk. I rather the staying power of a game then the treat of the week that consoles like to do.

#20 Zakatak

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationCanadastan

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostRed squirrel, on 18 July 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Oh, again someone who did not get it......Sarcasm seems a difficult concept to some people.

Actually, you are not being sarcastic at all, or you are incredibly bad at satire. It would be more accurate to you don't have an argument, so you took the "just kidding lol calm down" approach.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users