24 replies to this topic

#1 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Ok, so the KungsArmé is/was comprised of 15 Mech Regiments. Which were for the most part devided up into classes. I don't know how the lance structure of the drop units for the game will be made up, but it seems to me that for the sake of balance it won't be bunched up by weight classes.

If we as (Rasalhaguans/Rasalhagues/Rasalhagui?) are supposed to be in the KungsArmé I am not sure how this will all play out. Will we be in just a Regiment that doesn't get in glory, are we in some sort of militia and not in the KungsArmé at all?

If we are to be in a regiment it would make sense that it is a medium or heavy regiment, then the other mechs are "supporting" the mediums/heavies.
KungsArme

What say you?

#2 DaNoD1701

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 31 posts
  • LocationFla, USA

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

Come join us brother we are assembling http://www.uobgaming...14-Applications

Edited by DaNoD1701, 19 July 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#3 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'll probably end up trying to form my own deal... mostly because I really like mumble as a voip solution.

#4 DaNoD1701

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 31 posts
  • LocationFla, USA

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

no worries we have near 150 and continue to grow. we run a teamspeak3 server and would welcome all if you come up with a group who will not bow the the house lords or the coming clans. check out the site well and see the back story and lore as well.

#5 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

I have been thinking about setting up my own server with forums and the like. Cause I don't have enough to do with my free time lol...

#6 DaNoD1701

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 31 posts
  • LocationFla, USA

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

hehe ~S~

#7 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostBelorion, on 19 July 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

Ok, so the KungsArmé is/was comprised of 15 Mech Regiments. Which were for the most part devided up into classes. I don't know how the lance structure of the drop units for the game will be made up, but it seems to me that for the sake of balance it won't be bunched up by weight classes.

If we as (Rasalhaguans/Rasalhagues/Rasalhagui?) are supposed to be in the KungsArmé I am not sure how this will all play out. Will we be in just a Regiment that doesn't get in glory, are we in some sort of militia and not in the KungsArmé at all?

If we are to be in a regiment it would make sense that it is a medium or heavy regiment, then the other mechs are "supporting" the mediums/heavies.
KungsArme

What say you?

To answer your questions as best I can:
Faction players for the FRR will be able to join various Canon regiments within the FRR. Certain regiments, likely some of the Drakons, maybe a resurrected 1st Tyr (it didn't actually come back till the '60s) would require that the faction players have a high level of Loyalty Points in order to join them. Perks for joining regiments involve mech skins (camo and such) and the like.

Faction units are game controlled. They can't be run by the players themselves, as "Rank" within the faction is determined by Loyalty Points, and "Rank" does not give you power over other players. There is no way, in game, to control the regiment. Anyone who has the appropriate level of Loyalty to the FRR would be allowed to join it. There would be no way, in game, to manage the members, their ranks, their positions, responsibilities, etc.

This is what made us decide to form a Mercenary Unit instead of trying to jury-rig something within the Faction system. Being a Merc Unit allows us organizational control.

That said, it also puts us outside the "authority" of the KungsArmén.

View PostDaNoD1701, on 19 July 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

no worries we have near 150 and continue to grow. we run a teamspeak3 server and would welcome all if you come up with a group who will not bow the the house lords or the coming clans. check out the site well and see the back story and lore as well.

132 at the moment, with 4-5 applicants being questioned. A bit shy of that mark. :)

Edited by Dihm, 20 July 2012 - 04:50 AM.

#8 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

Quit jacking my thread...

#9 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:25 AM

What the hell are you talking about? I was answering the questions in your first post.

#10 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Meant that more as a friendly jab. Should have put the tongue smiley on it. Seems this has become a recruitment thread. Its all good.

Until I start recruiting of course, then its on :)

#11 Dayuhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCarse

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

While we are currently short on details we have the following tidbits of information from the Dev's (c.f. Sorry, to save time I am not linking to their posts where they say this - but you can verify this from the various Dev chat logs)
  • Each Mechwarrior will accrue or lose loyalty points to a faction based upon their actions within the faction.
  • Loyalty points will in part decide what is available to you inside the faction, and by extension will affect how much you earn, how much you pay for repair, how much you pay for consumables, and what missions you are sent on.
  • As you advance in the ranks of a Faction Unit you will be given access to equipment exclusive to that unit.
  • As you advance in the ranks of a Faction Unit you will have greater authority in the unit to choose from a greater variety of missions.
  • At the highest ranks in a Faction unit you can affect the overall strategy of the unit by choosing targets (planets) to attack.
Now for the speculation:
We as players know the Clans are coming and will roll right through the FRR, the Inner Sphere and we as Mechwarriors do not know this. Historically many canon Mercenary and FRR units are completely annhilited when their homeworlds fall. In the FRR the following units will be completely destroyed: 1st Draköns, 2nd Draköns 1st Freemen, 3rd Freemen, 1st Husars, 1st Kavelleri, 3rd Kavelleri and the FRR contracted Mercenary units Black Omen, Glory Warriors, Skinner's Scimitar, The Outlaws, and 1st Kell Hounds (2nd Batallion). If you match this list against the Regimental status of the 20 Year update you will see that the FRR loses every regiment in the Rasalhague Province and half their regiments in the Radstadt Province.

This raises some interesting questions:
  • What happens if your Mechwarrior is a member of one of the above mentioned faction units.
  • How will we as Mech-warriors interact with this invasion when it starts. Personally I envision Periphery Pirate patrol missions encountering 'mechs that don't exist.
  • Will we be fighting to protect non-canon worlds from falling and perhaps form a safe-haven inside Clan territory? Or will we always be kept at the periphery of such battles and only hear about the Clans through news-feeds of their actions.
Dayuhan will be with the 1st Freemen on Last Frontier when this time comes around. As long as I can smuggle out holofeeds I will attempt to keep you updated.

#12 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:17 AM

You forgot the 2nd Hussars there. Destroyed by CGB after taking a heroic stand.

*takes a look at his sig*

Hmm..oh well. Death and Glory!

But I guess the Devs will have something up their sleeves for those who join the Companies that get destroyed. Whatever that may be.

#13 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

I suppose that starting the invasion, and letting player actions decide the outcome is too much to hope for?

#14 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

View PostBagheera, on 01 August 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

I suppose that starting the invasion, and letting player actions decide the outcome is too much to hope for?

Thats exactly what most of us is hoping for, a chance to turn the tide.

#15 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

Personally I find it unlikely, since they have said in the past that major events that happen in the lore WILL happen. Who knows, maybe that's changed, haven't heard anything in a while.

#16 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

View PostDihm, on 02 August 2012 - 05:59 AM, said:

Personally I find it unlikely, since they have said in the past that major events that happen in the lore WILL happen. Who knows, maybe that's changed, haven't heard anything in a while.

I really want to say that I made the "player driven IS territory map" inference based on early Dev posts/blogs/etc. Same sort of idea, certain events get triggered, certain planets reserved for said triggers, and so on, but that the rest was up to the playerbase. Which would be oh-so-sweet.

I might just be having MPBT:3025 flashbacks though. :lol:

Edited by Bagheera, 02 August 2012 - 08:31 AM.

#17 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

No no, that's pretty much the gist of it, you're remembering correctly. We just have no idea what planets and events are considered "core" and can't be changed, and what that means to the meta-game, given that they said we'd progress at a 1:1 day ration and that some events WILL happen because they are major.

Edited by Dihm, 02 August 2012 - 09:18 AM.

#18 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

View PostBelorion, on 19 July 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

KungsArme

What say you?

I like our dracula inspired dress uniform

#19 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

btw where are the signup for FRR house units?

#20 Dayuhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCarse

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 11 August 2012 - 02:06 AM, said:

btw where are the signup for FRR house units?

Currently there isn't one. We do not know a lot about how the House Factions will be implemented yet - only that they will not be player run like the Mercenary units. But my guess, and this is pure speculation, is that you will start off as a green recruit in your House Unit of choice and have limited to no choice as to the missions you are sent on. As you raise in rank you will be given greater authority inside your unit and the ability to choose from a greater list of missions. At the top ranks you may even be able to create, that is choose a target, a mission for the unit you are a part of.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users