• The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:49 PM

Yes, please.

#22 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:53 PM

Not saying there is a reddit thread with shaders and LOD fixes.. not saying there isn't either...
..just sayin'..

#23 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 04 January 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

Not saying there is a reddit thread with shaders and LOD fixes.. not saying there isn't either...
..just sayin'..

There is? Link? From what I know, most parameters are locked and that's why I started this thread, to hopefully have PGI add a new ULTRA mode so we don't have to play with any parameters.

#24 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:45 AM

View PostRhialto, on 04 January 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

There is? Link? From what I know, most parameters are locked and that's why I started this thread, to hopefully have PGI add a new ULTRA mode so we don't have to play with any parameters.

At your own risk, i did not upload any of those files.
https://sfx.thelazy....es/preset/6522/
https://www.reddit.c...eduction_tweak/
https://www.reddit.c...ist_for_mwo_v2/

#25 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:35 AM

I just captured 2 videos to better explain my request...

Almost 2 years ago this was posted by @xeromynd

Today I'm able to fix this by editing user.cfg and I get this:

Now I want to do the same with terrain as I still get this:

PGI can have a look and add an ULTRA settings with those visual annoyances fixed instead of having us edit the user.cfg file.

#26 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

Im running at the lowest settings and pnly manage to get 20fps... and thos guy wants a even higher setting... fml

#27 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

View PostGrus, on 05 January 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

Im running at the lowest settings and pnly manage to get 20fps... and thos guy wants a even higher setting... fml

I was running maxed out settings back in 2013, dude it's 2019 so get a setup from 2012-2013 (2500K or better w/ GTX660 Ti or better) for super cheap and enjoy MWO in visual settings at very high. Those can be found on eBay, etc.

#28 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:38 AM

View PostRhialto, on 05 January 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

I was running maxed out settings back in 2013, dude it's 2019 so get a setup from 2012-2013 (2500K or better w/ GTX660 Ti or better) for super cheap and enjoy MWO in visual settings at very high. Those can be found on eBay, etc.

See thread here

forums/topic/270992-shopping-for-better-fps/

#29 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:56 AM

View PostGrus, on 05 January 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

View PostGrus, on 05 January 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

See thread here

forums/topic/270992-shopping-for-better-fps/

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YVBZCb

Cutting corners with this build but it will do 60fps on highest @ full HD (expect solaris city and maybe very clustered, all mechs on screen games).

I'd recommend tossing in another 150-250 bucks then you can set up for really good value hardware. Which will handle anything you throw at it @ 1080p

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RNvWLJ

Lists are examples but you see, it's sorta at the price point of a midrange coffee maschine...

#30 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:11 PM

View PostKoniving, on 03 January 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

Its the holiday season; you expect them to be working?
This is when people take vacations.

You think the 28th is a good time now?

#31 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:21 PM

View PostRhialto, on 20 December 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

VERY HIGH is the current max we can select in video settings. That was fine in 2013 but now in 2019 many of us have upgraded systems that could handle better visuals.

Some CryEngine settings (mostly about LODs) are hardcoded and we cannot change those by using the user.cfg file. We could ask to unlock those but instead why not just ask PGI to have another look at what can be improved in visuals and add an ULTRA settings?

I'm tired of seeing terrain changes as I move and some buildings/structures pop up or change of shape as I approach.

EDIT: SEE THIS POST TO WATCH VIDEOS AND BETTER VISUALIZE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

My system was updated as this time last year. I now use a 8700K and 1080 Ti and I can play with all settings at VERY HIGH in 1440p and in 3D (I love seeing depth in games). I have a lot of performance room for better graphics.

My previous setup (now for kids) is 2500K and 660 Ti which can also do fine with all settings at VERY HIGH in 1080p and still in 3D (did I say I love seeing depth in games?).

So I think time as come for PGI to do a new pass on all the LODs parameters and offer all of us a new ULTRA settings. Add a warning about possible performance hit if you want but please push the visuals to the absolute max so at least we have the option to really max everything.

Any modern computer should do just fine with the old CryEngine 3. It's still using version 3, right? Moving to 5.5 is another suggestion but I know it won't happen.

I would really like if anyone at PGI could reply on this.

You do realize the game relies heavily on your CPU not your Graphics Card? So Ultra Graphics would not be good for most people. For them to implement it just for you would be extremely stupid.

#32 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 28 January 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

You do realize the game relies heavily on your CPU not your Graphics Card? So Ultra Graphics would not be good for most people. For them to implement it just for you would be extremely stupid.

Hey, my CPU went from 2500K to 8700K. Is your CPU still from 5 years ago? Many have updated last years, some last month, and then some last week. And you know what? SOme will next week.

Get real, it's 2019 and tuning a few parameters in CryEngine just make sense.

#33 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:33 PM

Meanwhile I'm seeing severe FPS drops in certain maps, especially with other players in game.

Can we first get a stable game?

#34 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:05 PM

View PostRhialto, on 28 January 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

Hey, my CPU went from 2500K to 8700K. Is your CPU still from 5 years ago? Many have updated last years, some last month, and then some last week. And you know what? SOme will next week.

Get real, it's 2019 and tuning a few parameters in CryEngine just make sense.

Actually no I have an 8th Gen I7 with a 1080p Graphics card, but I have money to burn...90% of this playerbase does not. So again I say, waste of a resource sort of like the waste of that is Solaris, for the 1% of the playerbase who asked for it, look how that turned out.

#35 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:44 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 28 January 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

I say, waste of a resource

Editing a XML is not very ressource intensive... ok maybe it's a bit more than that but you get the idea.

#36 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:54 PM

View PostRhialto, on 28 January 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

You think the 28th is a good time now?

Yeah. :)

#37 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:02 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 03 January 2019 - 05:49 PM, said:

Holy cow, the amount of nonsense in this post. Putting my developer hat on for a moment, there is no way PGI don't know their own codebase. I get that some people who know nothing about actual game development think that behind every game engine at a company there is this one, indispensible dude sitting in a command chair in the office basement like Fox freaking Mulder churning out God code. But unless you are John Carmack, that's rubbish. The reason that this CryEngine isn't being updated is because there is Zero. Financial. Incentive. People will continue to buy Mech Packs and play this game while PGI develop Mechwarrior 5. If that does well, we will see a whole new Mechwarrior Online built on the Mechwarrior 5 codebase. They will certainly *not* waste time rebuilding this game. Sweet Jesus.

Just to play devil's advocate here a sec, PGI have flat-out stated they can't figure out their own code, this is why it took years for them to add trees that fall down. They literally did lose the last coder who knew how to work on this version of CE, and it's likely very difficult for them to find other coders who still know how to work on their version, who are willing to work for them, as they have a poor reputation in the industry as employers. This is not to trash them, necessarily, it's just stuff we've learned from being around for a long time, it's common knowledge stuff, not rumors. You'd have to dig around in very old posts, possibly archived, but the admissions were definitely made about the lack of ability to code.

Now none of this is to deny your point about financial incentives, there's also that.

#38 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:08 PM

View PostKodyn, on 28 January 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

Just to play devil's advocate here a sec, PGI have flat-out stated they can't figure out their own code, this is why it took years for them to add trees that fall down. They literally did lose the last coder who knew how to work on this version of CE, and it's likely very difficult for them to find other coders who still know how to work on their version, who are willing to work for them, as they have a poor reputation in the industry as employers. This is not to trash them, necessarily, it's just stuff we've learned from being around for a long time, it's common knowledge stuff, not rumors. You'd have to dig around in very old posts, possibly archived, but the admissions were definitely made about the lack of ability to code.

Now none of this is to deny your point about financial incentives, there's also that.

Actually they do not have a bad reputation in regards to working for them... that was trolling done by disgruntled players adding bogus employee feed back, that has been proven already. However their pay is not very high and the new coders coming out are not generally versed in the MWO engine.

#39 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:40 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 28 January 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

Actually they do not have a bad reputation in regards to working for them... that was trolling done by disgruntled players adding bogus employee feed back, that has been proven already. However their pay is not very high and the new coders coming out are not generally versed in the MWO engine.

Source?

#40 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:41 PM

Thanks Gemini, I wasn't aware of that, I have taken a few breaks from the forum over the years, so I may have missed that particular conversation. I assume you're referring to the GlassDoor thing or whatever the name was. I also imagine it's quite hard to find coders who work with older CE versions, no matter what they offer for pay, because it's so important to keep up on newer engines and code.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users