37 replies to this topic

#21 Duke Pitt

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostListless Nomad, on 19 January 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

Fellow Citizens of the Inner Sphere,

Thank you for hosting me in this great Republic, and for listening to me now. It is true that your nation is small, and it is not counted among the five great houses of the Inner Sphere. This does not mean that this can never change, nor that it shall always be thus!

I implore you to join your FedCom brothers in taking back those worlds robbed of you by the oppressive Draconis Combine. Support us in our war and will we grant you men and materiel to prosecute your revenge. Expand your nation and take back what was once yours and elevate your proud nation to that of a true power in the Inner Sphere!

Take the fight to the enemy and spare your people the hardship of war!

Thank you for listening

Humbly,

Nomad

You had me at "Kill more Draks", you have my axe and my AC 20. I hope we meet on the field of battle as brothers to take back what rightfully belongs to the noble people of Rasalhauge! Freedom for the republic and freedom for the worlds we shall reclaim!

#22 Tramalhas

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

We are finally free; and unlike many imperialistic noble houses, we have no interest in expansion beyond regaining all of our homeworlds; we have lived for so long under oppression that we, the people of rasalhauge, have no interest of pushing it onto any others.

I may not speak of our leaders and officials, but we are a republic and my faith in my people is such that i know that we would never vote for magistrates in favor of imperialism.

As for the government, i cant guarantee anything. But like Överste Dihm has already said; our merc corp will respond any good will, generosity and attempts to form friendship in kind. Just dont expect us to repay any hostility, expansionism or the like with anything else then munistions fire. No amount of flowery words will change that; if your actions prove honorable, we will respond in friendship.

Må fred vara med er, men krig kommer till dem som vill ta vår frihet, as we say in our native tongue.

#23 THE 3rdbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

We are finally free; and unlike many imperialistic noble houses, we have no interest in expansion beyond regaining all of our homeworlds; we have lived for so long under oppression that we, the people of rasalhauge, have no interest of pushing it onto any others.

Yes my friends. The Confederation and the honorable Rasalhague have the exact same goals! While you have been fighting for your freedom, we have been as well. The Capellans have been forced by every major power to forfeit our ancestral worlds, and we have never prosecuted an offensive war, but have only replied in kind to hideous invaders! I would only ask that now that you and your people are free you would not support those that oppress others. Please do not trade one master tha controlled your body for one that controls your spirits.

#24 Tramalhas

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

Like i have said, actions speak louder then words. Should the capellans show us kindness, we shall repay it with friendship.

#25 Alaskan Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostTramalhas, on 28 January 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Like i have said, actions speak louder then words. Should the capellans show us kindness, we shall repay it with friendship.

Speak for yourself, let the dirty Capellans burn! (unless they want to send us shipments of Catapaults, then they are our bestest friends evar...)

#26 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Greetings friends and allies of the Republic!

I have been gone a long time, and missed the kindness your people have shown me. I come only to reaffirm that the will of the people of the Federated Commonwealth has not changed, and that we are as committed as ever to your freedom. I, personally, have joined the 1st Robinson Rangers, who are based in the Draconis March of the Federated Suns. Together we will spill the blood of Kuritans and reclaim what was denied you. I ask that you listen not to the golden tongues of Capellan agents. They are as warlike and corrupt as they profess we Davions to be, and will betray you as easily as they would us. They sense the end of their corrupt regime and seek to fragment the friendship we have created in the past. I will respect the wishes of the FRR, but I hope that you will see the wisdom of our friendship. I always enjoy my time in your space.

Nomad

Edited by Listless Nomad, 21 February 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#27 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Greetings again Nomad;

As much as I personally would like to thank the Capellans for their contributions to the IS (mainly, the Raven) by leaving my mech's footprint on every planet they own...unfortunately, I fear there would have to be a path cut directly through the Chaos March in order for us to have any chance at making gains against the Capellans. If, however, you were willing to sacrifice a few worlds so we could get a footing, we'd be more than willing to relief said Capellans of their mechs...and alcohol.

Of course, all sacrifices made for the good of said escapade would be temporary, serving only until such a time as a direct supply route be no longer needed.

As Mercs, however, we may or may not be able to accomplish a shot-term contract. All of the above is superstitious at best, as I personally am by no means a representative for the FRR forces. However, it is with great respect that we are glad to hear from you again, and how you and your countryman are profiting from this fine year's pre-"harvest".

Regards,

Damon Howe
Skjaldborg

#28 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

View PostDamon Howe, on 21 February 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

Greetings again Nomad;

As much as I personally would like to thank the Capellans for their contributions to the IS (mainly, the Raven) by leaving my mech's footprint on every planet they own...unfortunately, I fear there would have to be a path cut directly through the Chaos March in order for us to have any chance at making gains against the Capellans. If, however, you were willing to sacrifice a few worlds so we could get a footing, we'd be more than willing to relief said Capellans of their mechs...and alcohol.

Of course, all sacrifices made for the good of said escapade would be temporary, serving only until such a time as a direct supply route be no longer needed.

As Mercs, however, we may or may not be able to accomplish a shot-term contract. All of the above is superstitious at best, as I personally am by no means a representative for the FRR forces. However, it is with great respect that we are glad to hear from you again, and how you and your countryman are profiting from this fine year's pre-"harvest".

Regards,

Damon Howe
Skjaldborg

It is good to hear from you again Damon. I fear that my Steiner brothers may be unwilling to physically secede planets to the FRR, selfish as they can be at times. Free passage for your dropships could undoubtedly be arranged however. Failing that, I suggest you simply carve a path through the Combine, and pass into the Sarna March (OOC its not the chaos march yet) through the Draconis March. I know my Rangers would welcome you with the best ales we could find.

It is mostly irrelevant however, as I am sure our Capellan friends will be dealt with swiftly upon the commencement of hostilities. Can I look to see you and your shield wall upon the battlefield against the Kuritans? My unit will be seeking to liberate the people of the Combine and it would please me greatly to know the men and women of Rasalhague shield my left flank.

Edited by Listless Nomad, 22 February 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#29 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

Greetings and Hello members of the FRR,

I Guardian Wolf, do declare myself a friend, and possible ally should the time arise, against the Draconis Combine. As long as you provide free transport, full salvage, and for assault contracts, a decent pay grade, I will "advise" my CO that we move to accept more contracts from your Republic, and your Davion allies. May your mechs stay strong, and your battles glorious.

Honorably
Guardian Wolf, Alpha Regiment, Wolf's Dragoons

#30 Volkite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 205 posts
  • LocationLand of deserts, Spiders, and bad innanet.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

We know which direction to push
Sorry, but the main direction I'll be pushing is up.
Until then, It's a grand proposal you offer. They are a butt monkey of the setting anyway.

#31 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

Open Diplomacy
House Davion

Offer:
Join War
[X] Capellan Confederation
[X] Draconis Combine

Request:
Military Access
Duration: [ ] 5 Turns [ ] 10 Turns [ ] 20 Turns [X] Indefinite

Likelyhood of Success: High

I've been playing too much Shogun.

#32 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

When do I get in on this? And by the Way, I play Empire Total War. My Lance stands ready to move.

#33 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostDihm, on 22 February 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Open Diplomacy
House Davion

Offer:
Join War
[X] Draconis Combine

Request:
Military Access

Shameful Display! ;) -- is what the combine would say

#34 Ralinos

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostDihm, on 22 February 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Open Diplomacy
House Davion

Offer:
Join War
[X] Draconis Combine

Request:
Military Access

Is it better than Empire and Medieval 2?

#35 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:40 AM

Feels much more repetative after playing multiple campaigns, which is likely due to the more confined nature of it. The new engine also prevents some of the awesome mods that the earlier games saw. Haven't put the same number of hours into it that I did Med 2.

#36 Alaskan Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

I prefer Europa Universalis III

It is more about grand strategy, economics, diplomacy and empire building than pure battlefield tactics.

I was playing a multi player game with 5 other people a few months back, and I allied with the Ottoman EMpire player ( was France) and then the Austrian player invaded the Ottomans and kicked the Ottoman's ***, so I waited until their armies were over extended half way into the Ottoman heartland, then I marched into Austria from the west and crushed them.

The Austrian player raged so hard it was hiliarious!

Random gameplay clip

Edited by Alaskan Viking, 23 February 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#37 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:11 AM

Davion and the FRR have similar styled government systems. The also have the combined firepower, that if used in the right way, could repel the clans, and maybe salvage some tech if we have some good shots ^_^.

#38 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

Yes, my take on it is that i am all for becoming an ally of The Federated Commonwealth and together crush the snake for starters and later make the clans regret that they ever crawled out of their tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users