31 replies to this topic

#1 Katrar

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSol System

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

HARBINGERS OF CHAOS INC.

Posted Image

THE HARBINGERS OF CHAOS (HOC) WANTS YOU!

We are looking for a few good Mechwarriors to expand our core launch team. We are primarily interested in players that are team oriented, mature and fun. HoC, an international multi game organization, began life in 2003 supporting the online gaming exploits of a talented band of Classic BattleTech (CBT) enthusiasts. We are a medium sized guild within which every member counts, is important, and contributes. HoC is no mega clan, we don't do unlimited open recruitment looking for the 5,000th member. Our members are more valuable to us than that, and we do have a stringent (though very reasonable) recruitment process.

OUR CBT AND MMO BONAFIDES

The CBT history of our players stretches from the earliest days of table-top play to Mechwarrior Online today, including every iteration of online play from the Mechwarrior series to the MUX world, MPBT, MegaMek and Neveron among many others. As a team we have deep experience with the Mechwarrior/BattleTech franchise; `mech-speak is a second language to us. We even have a few CBT demonstrators (Commandos) within our ranks; if you frequent any of the larger cons and have played a game or two you may have benefited from their wealth of experience and knowledge.

HoC's history is particularly well represented within the niche of CBT inspired online games and its players have been very well known to the communities that have variously built up around games like Neveron, All Out War: 4025, Invasion 3042, Dropshock, etc.

Our origin story, being our years of formation, blooding and rise to prominance on the game Neveron, can be found here. Yes, that's a 286 page guild history. And yes, we're pretty serious about our lineage, game time and camaraderie (just as it should be).

Beyond the `mech world, HoC has made group forays into many other mainstream games, particularly those that have offered (or promised to offer) opportunities for meaningful PvP. If you played EVE you may have flown alongside, or perhaps against, a few of our members. Our EVE effort, HOCI (Harbingers of Chaos Inc.) made a respectable showing in null-sec at 97.59% efficiency (368B in kills, 9B in losses) before finally closing down in 2010 to focus on other projects.

Our members have played nearly every MMO to date, dating as far back as the original 80s Neverwinter Nights (the first graphical MMO). Some of us even remember online game's grand-daddy, Dan Bunten's Modem Wars (gold star if you've even heard of that one).

With Mechwarrior Online, we are bringing our efforts full circle. You might say we're coming home, and we need fresh blood to change and grow with the times. This larger community - the CBT community - has matured and expanded and we look forward to discovering the next Harbingers among you.

WHAT WE OFFER

• A friendly environment that balances achievement with fun, and real life with game time.
• Great friends that mostly get along, and when they don't... it's still entertaining!
• The lack of a numerical identifier. You have a name, and we'll use it.
• Multi-game support. We are a community.
Forums (www.hocgaming.com)
• TeamSpeak 3
• IRC (AfterNet: #hocgaming)

WHAT WE EXPECT

• The avoidance of drama.
• You should be 18+.
• Voice friendly (willingness to use Teamspeak is critical).
• Reasonable activity. We don't expect 24/7 but an hour a week... No.

HOW TO APPLY

Visit our website, say hello and submit an application. Instructions can be found here.

EXTRAS

HoC's MRBC Force Supplemental can be found here in PDF form.
The HoC Archive, the history of our founding.

Edited by Katrar, 14 August 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#2 Tredesde

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

Tredesde, Assault class Regiment reporting for duty!

Lets make it orky... Ah, wrong game :)

#3 Ignatius Spectre

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationFort McMurray AB Canada

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Weird, checking in.

#4 killerfrog

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

Killerfrog reporting
<me>killerfrog licks everyone fondly w his wet slimy tongue

#5 sk8e8

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

Killerfrog. A name I haven't seen in a LONG time.

sk8e8 (buc` from Neveron) reporting for duty. Looking forward to catching up with all you old guys :lol:

So where can I pickup my Stone Rhino again??

#6 Katrar

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSol System

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

kf, dust yourself off and stop in IRC. =)

and buc, maybe in 7-8 months - according to timeline - you'll enjoy getting head critted by an admin driven Stone Rhino. lol

HoC is actively recruiting, future Harbingers should check in at www.hocgaming.com to fill out an application.

#7 TheStarchDefenders

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Starch here. My comp is a box of horse **** and wires atm, but I'll get a proper gaming rig sooner or later.

#8 Troa

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

Interesting to see who all is on here.

#9 Pimpslap

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hereish and checking in.

Always looking to add new blood to HoC!!

#10 Katrar

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSol System

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

Still actively recruiting. You don't have to be a founder to apply.

#11 TerebNeerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

Oh no, it's GreenBeret backwards, run for the hills! Oh wait, that's me.

#12 Pimpslap

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

Still looking for more blood.

Current plan is to be able to field a battalion. Then expand if needed. We are a US TZ heavy group, but have a few aussies as well who like the late new pew pew.

#13 Katrar

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSol System

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

Still looking for a few good men, though we wouldn't mind a few scantily clad cooling vest equipped lady mechwarriors as well.

#14 Pimpslap

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

Pics will be required for all "women" applicants..... just to ensure no ah fraud.....yeah thats it

#15 Katrar

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSol System

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

Recruitment remains open. We are accepting all roles at this early stage...

www.hocgaming.com

#16 Kais KoVash

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Locationperth western australia

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:30 AM

Kais KoVash reporting for duty looking forward to killing a few mechwarriors for some cbills ;)

#17 killerfrog

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

me wan lady frogs...... barbiefrog would be nice

#18 Tobias Moon

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

Tobias Moon / Michael Scirocco here. Finally got the Beta and glad to be around! ATM no good microphone rig to do any teamspeak stuff, will correct that when I have the opportunity and cash to do so.

#19 Gurgrym Cervantes

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 1 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEstados Unidos, Indiana

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

WB121 'ere, still waiting for access. And the trial-by-fire my computer will probably see.

#20 Katrar

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSol System

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

Recruitment still open, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users